Awkward Conversations

A/N: The following chapters after this one will be the requests. :) I can't wait! Keep 'em coming! :D Just a note about the domestic violence used:

I just want to say that domestic violence is a horrible, horrible thing to endure. I myself have not been a victim but I know people that have and all I want to say is, if you're the victim of such abuse... TELL SOMEONE. Please don't stay silent about your suffering. If you know someone who is a victim but don't know how to help, look up online methods of how you can help. Seriously, you'll find plenty of information on how you can stop such disgusting behaviour. Thank you.

THE NEXT DAY

Valerian and Sebastian had tried to discuss the events of last night. Our heroine was too distraught to tell her own hero the indepth details of what had happened before he had arrived but they had indeed talked. The Marvel actor had promised not to bring the subject up again, even though he had tried to convince her to go to the police but all Valerian wanted to do was put it all behind her and focus on moving on. Sebastian knew that she would talk to them when she was ready, she just needed a few days to recover.

It was late into the evening. The lovers lay next to eachother on Sebastian's deep brown leather sofa, watching a film that Valerian had chosen. Captain America: The First Avenger. The handsome male could not help but smile at her choice as he watched himself on the screen. He really wanted to relax and just watch the movie but he could not clear the image of Valerian at the diningroom table with a bottle of alcohol. He kept asking himself questions that only she could really answer. Had that monster hurt her like this before? Did she forgive him fully for not coming to her aid? Sebastian had not forgiven himself, in fact, he loathed himself for not being able to stop the a**hole. His poor valerian had had to face that man alone.

'[Right before they zipline onto the moving train Dr. Zola is on] We've only got about a 10 second window. You miss that window and we're all just bugs on a windshield!'

Sebastian reached into his pocket and produced his cellphone, quickly, he typed a text. With in minutes, Valerian's text alert rangout. She manouvered so that she could retrieve her phone film the sofa's arm. The text read:

To; V

From: S

Forgive me?

She looked up at him, her eyes meeting his. She tapped on the keyboard, replying.

To: S

From: V

What for?

Instantly he texted back.

To: V

From: S

Not saving you yesterday.

To: S

From: V

I thought you promised not to talk about it?

To: V

From: S

And I'm not but I can't stop feeling guilty for not being there to stop him. You yourself said that you kept waiting for me to burst into the room and save you 'Winter Soldier-style'.

To: S

From: V

I said that?

To: V

From: S

Yes and you were right, I should have been there. I'm sorry. :( Forgive me?

Valerian read the latter text, her eyebrows knitting together in a frown, she tossed her phone aside. Moving onto her side, she stared straight at Sebastian, taking note of the saddness in his eyes. It was something she never wanted to see again. "You're really blaming yourself?"

He nodded.

'Faster, ladies! Come on! My GRANDMOTHER has more life in her, God rest her soul. MOVE IT!'

She wrapped her arms around him, burying her face into the warm spot between his neck and shoulder. "I don't want you to blame yourself. I don't want you to feel that way. I'm sorry if you took what I said to heart but I was so drunk and scared. Please don't feel guilty, I couldn't forgive myself if I knew that I was the cause of your unhappiness."

Sebastian returned her embrace, kissing the top of her head. "You never make me feel unhappy, you never will. I'm just so sorry that I wasn't there. I'm never going to let that scum hurt you ever again."

"I know you won't, you're my Bucky Barnes."

He chuckled. "Thank you."

"Thank you."

"But will you go the police, please, you need to tell them what happened."

"I will, tomorrow." she vowed, realising that she would have to face them sooner or later.

"I'll come with you, you won't need to face anything on your own...'I'm with you till the end of the line'."

"I love you."

"I love you too.