Awkward Sprain

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @breakeven_scripted for writing an amazing story about Pietro Maximoff and for using 'Healmeister' as a character.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MARVEL.

Valerian was in agony, she had sprained her ankle during training for her role as Diamondback in the upcoming Marvel movie. Her whole body ached as one giant bruise, pulsing continuously. As she hobbled to the front door of her parent's home, the brunette female could barely keep herself upright due to the pain. With trembling fingers, she managed to open the door before her knees gave way.

Sebastian was sat in the livingroom, reading through his script, trying desperately to learn his lines. He heard the front door open and waited for it to close. Instead, he heard a sickening thud, which caused his heart to miss a beat. Throwing the script onto the oak table in front of him, the Marvel actor hastily left his place on the leather sofa and moved towards the hallway, where his was met by the struggling figure of Valerian, wincing in pain and attempting to pull herself up off of the wooden flooring.

"Val!" he yelled in shock, rushing to her side, scooping in injured girlfriend into his arms, bridal style.

She inhaled a sharp intake of breath before clenching her teeth. "Oh, be careful, I've sprained my ankle!" Valerian warned him, looping her arms around his neck.

He stared at her bruised ankle in disbelief. "What the hell happened in training, why aren't you with the physios at the training centre?"

"It was fine when I left- the physios said that I was okay to go home- my ankle just decided to seize up as I walked across the drive." she quickly explained.

Sebastian sighed, relieved that Vakerian had returned home in one piece. She needed immediate care on her ankle and standing in a hallway wasn't going to provide her with that. "All right," he hoisted her into his arms further. "let's get you patched up. I can't have my girl hobbling now, can I?"

Valerian sighed too, craving bedrest. She nodded, resting her head on Sebastian's shoulder as he carried her up to their bedroom, being cautious not to knock her injured joint on any passing objects. Mind the vase on the second flo-

"Ow!"

Nevermind.

XOX

Once they were in their room, Sebastian carefully placed Valerian on their bed, propping her up with a few pillows so that she was slightly raised. Then, as gently as he could, he placed her ankle on top of two pillows, allowing to be elevated.

Carefully, he unlaced her converses (the same ones she had worn on their date a few nights ago), hoping that she wasn't causing her any extra pain.

Once the canvas was removed, Sebastian had to rebandage Valerian's ankle, making sure that he wasn't cutting off the blood flow by tying it too tight.

Every so often, his gaze would drift to Valerian, checking to see if she was okay. At that moment, she was lying back, eyes closed and exhaustion evident on her features. His poor beloved.

Hurrying his process so that she could rest, Sebastian briefly left the room to retrieve some ice to place on the bruising, so that any swelling would be reduced and the heat to leave the injured area. He returned quickly, knowing that she needed his assistance.

"I've brought the ice." he announced as he walked back into the bedroom, a reassurimg smile playing on his lips.

The brunette female's eyes were now open and watching his every move. Valerian was so grateful for his help. "Thank you." she mumbled, trying to return the gesture of a smile but it came out as a grimace.

"Here," he carefully sat on the edge of thd bed. "this should help." the handsome male lightly placed the ice pack to Valerian's ankle, wincing as she did at the contact. "Sorry." he apologised.

She shook her head, panting slightly from her exertions. "Not your fault."

"This will definitely help." he informed her, thinking about all the sprains that he had endured on past sets and training sessions. "You'll just need a few days of rest and your ankle should be feel much better."

She nodded, leaning even further into her pillows, groaning as her muscles relaxed. "Right now, that sounds wonderful."

Sebastian moved further up the bed so that he was able to lean in carefully and kiss her forehead tenderly. "Let me go and get you something to eat and drink, love. You look pale."

Valerian gazed up at her wonderful boyfriend. "Oh, Seb, I feel selfish. You don't need to run around after me, I can wait until you're ready to go back downstairs."

He rolled his eyes, knowing Valerian was genuinely feeling as if she were a burden to him. "And let my girl starve? Unlikely. Besides, I'm not doing this for free." he grinned.

She quirked an eyebrow. "You're not?"

"Oh no," he purred. "I expect to be rewarded with kisses." and with those nine words, Sebastian claimed the first if his many rewards. When he pulled away from his brief kiss, he smirked and the rose from the bed. "I'll be back in a few minutes to colkect the rest of my reward." he joked, slowly walking away.

Valerian watched him go, wondering which one of them was enjoying his reward more?

XOX

A mere five minutes later and Sebastian returned to his bed-bound princess, carrying a tray of food and drink, as welk as various DVDs, mainly consisting of boxsets and romantic comedies. "Your 'Winter Soldier' has returned." he joked, placing the tray on her nightstand.

Valerian giggled at his joke, carefully sitting up slightly. He passed her a bowl of homemade chicken soup (made by Mrs Cassanova, lady of the household). She looked at the steaming bowl of pureed hungrily, almost immediately she began to eat, ignoring the steam and the burning sensation. While she did so, Sebastian set up the DVD player, knowing that a Jennifer Aniston Romantic Comedy was just what his hurt girlfriend needed.

Once everything was ready and the soup was consumed, Sebastian sat himself down beside Valerian, wrapping in right arm around her shoulders, holding her to him. She lay her weary head upon his strong shoulder, feeling sleepy and content. Her ankle still throbbed but the ice was helping keep the pain at bay. "Thank you so much." Valerian murmured, turning her head so that she could place a kiss on Sebastian's chisled jaw.

"Anytime." he replied nuzzling her hair. "Anything for my girl." Sebastian kissed the top of her head.

Then, they sat back and enjoyed the film. Both happily and madly in love with one another. Life perfect. For now.

A/N: SEND IN YOU REQUESTS.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: IF YOU WERE TRYING TO HELP THE WINTER SOLDIER REGAIN HIS MEMORIES DURING A FIGHT SCENE, WHAT PROMPTS WOULD YOU BE USING TO DO SO? E.G. A MEMORY OF YOU TWO TOGETHER.

UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER!