Awkward Third-Wheel

A/N: AAAAAH! So many views and reviews and votes!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D :D :D

I'm going to keep my AN short today as I really want to let you get on and read the next chapter!

This chapter is dedicated to @hailhydra_

Chris Evans was feeling immensely awkward. So, so awkward. He was currently sat in Sebastian Stan's Ferrari, waiting for his friend to stop making out his (Sebastian's) girlfriend, Valerian, so that he (Chris) could catch a lift home. The worse thing was, he could see them through the window as he sat there uncomfortably. Sick of sitting invisibly, he reached over to the steering wheel and pressed on the horn. That did it, that shocked the lovers. They jumped away from each other, looking around for the source of the noise. When they realised that it had been Chris, the two adults laughed at their silliness and...

...resumed kissing.

Great. Not.

The Captain America actor groaned in annoyance. He missed being able to kiss a wonderful woman. It had been two months since his girlfriend had broken up with him, with the excuse that she just wanted an average relationship with an average guy. She was now dating some other Hollywood heart throb.

The sound of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit filled the air with it's thrashing guitar. Chris looked hopelessly around for the phone. He finally found Valerian's mobile stored away in the glove compartment. The screen read TABITHA HONEY XXX. He answered the phone, not really sure if he should but curious to find out who 'TABITHA HONEY XXX' was. “Hello, Valerian's phone.”

“Hello?” a female, British accent replied. “Val?”

“No, it's her friend, Chris.”

“Oh, hello. Sorry, is Val there? It's her sister, Tabitha.”

Chris glanced over at the two love birds who were currently eating each other's faces off. “She's currently...eating. Can I take a message?”

“When you say 'eating', do you mean snogging Sebastian?”

“Uuuhhhh, yeah. Sorry.”

A light laugh rang down the other line. “No, it's fine. I was just calling to see if she's ok but since she's preoccupied, I'll call back later.” there was a pause. “Hang on, when you said 'Chris', do you mean...'Chris' Evans?”

“Yes, Ma'am.”

Another pause. “Well, it's a pleasure to talk to you, Mr Evans.”

“Please, call me Chris.”

“Chris, right.”

“So, do you live in America like Val?”

“Yeah, I don't live far.”

Before he could stop himself, Chris tried to tactfully asked: 'Aaah, so you and Val must go on double dates then if you live near each other, that's rather convenient.”

What he actually said was: “So, are you single?”

Thankfully, she giggled. “I am, have been for quite a while. Not that I'm undateable or anything, it's just I haven't met anyone...” she was rambling now, clearly as nervous as Chris. While she talked, the movie star took a moment to look at the ID picture that had been set for 'TABITHA HONEY XXX', he had not even noticed it before. The girl staring back at him, laughing was identical to Valerian. They were twins. The only difference was that Valerian had brown eyes, Tabitha had one green and one blue and also she was slightly more rounder in body shape. She was absolutely adorable in his eyes.

“You know, Valerian never mentioned that she had a sister.”

“Oh, you mean never?”

The blonde, overly handsome male frowned at her reaction. “Sorry, have I upset you?”

“No, I was just a bit surprised that's all, it was such a random thing to say. Never mind. Anyway, I was rambling, I'm sure you're very busy right now and I'll call Val back later. It's been nice conversing with you.”

“WAIT.” he cried down the phone a little louder than he expected. “Sorry, I was just wondering...would you like to go on a date with me?”

“What?”

“You don't have to say yes, it's just...” this was not the way he had planned to ask her out.

“Sure.”

“Hmm?”

“I said 'sure', I would love to go on a date with you.”

If she had been there, then Tabitha would have seen Chris Evans, a.k.a. Captain America, beaming from ear to ear. “Awesome, when is good for you?”

“Whenever, I have the week off if that helps you?”

“How's tonight?”

“Good for me.”

“Great, I'll get Valerian to text you my number and we can work something out.”

“Sounds good to me. Good luck getting them to separate themselves from one another.”

Chris suddenly looked mischievously at the water bottle beside him. “Oh, I think I have a way of cooling them down.”