author's note

(warning: grammar and spelling would be ignored in the following chapter!)

hexes for exes took more than a year to finish. i started in april 2019, and ended it today: thirteenth, september, two thousand and twenty. this is the first proper book I've ever actually finished.

there's more than 88k words in this book, all of which i painfully stitched together as i snuck around my room, writing away whenever i felt free to. this book is the first book i've ever felt proud of, and reading through the drafts and edited versions feels like walking down a time tunnel of my writing and thoughts. in a way, livia is a self-insert of all the emotions i felt. the angry part of myself, that wants to do something but can't. the part that feels betrayed by everyone, all alone and abandoned.

this book is about healing. whatever hard time you're going through, just know that there's a light at the end of the darkness. you're almost there, just hang on and don't let go. you'll get there soon.

this isn't just livia's coming-of-age story. in a way, it was mine too, as i went from an innocent twelve-year-old girl to someone who is (still dumb but) much more mature. i grew up with this book, and writing this taught me so much.

i want to thank anyone who's reading this because you've managed to endure my horrible writing and attempts to write a good book. i appreciate you so much. thank you, thank you, thank you.

hexes for exes is not completely over yet. there's still around a few extra chapters (all from sarah's perspective, both of scenes in hfe and of scenes not) left, which i will hopefully finish within the next few weeks. but once i am, i will start work on dead girls (formerly known as kingdom come), which is the sequel to hexes for exes. dead girls will follow the stories of pamela wong, livia's sister, and madi tahiri (who you might recognise as livia's friend!)'s adventures in the strict and hierarchal bellington academy of arts. i cannot wait to get started.

once more, thank you for sticking around for this long. ilya so much!!! happy reading + writing!!