二十八。超新星

supernova)

notes: matteo martinez's name has been changed to Miguel Martinez.

SATURDAY MORNING

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

SATURDAY MORNING. Two weeks after the funeral, around a week after Sarah declared war on Livia for absolutely no reason except she could. Livia took a long sip from her mug, shying away from the early morning sun. She pulled the blinds together, spinning around as she strolled back to the kitchen counter, where her breakfast laid. Pamela and their mother sat there, too, enjoying their food. Their father wouldn't be back until tomorrow evening after a lengthy business trip in Guangzhou.

"Such a pretty morning. Livia, pull back the curtains, please?" Her mother requested. Livia sighed but did as she was told.

"It's almost graduation, Livia," her mom continued. "Are you ready for college?"

"Can I not be ready for college?" She replied, exasperated. "Summer holidays are in like, less than a month. I'll be fine, don't worry."

She's already found an apartment and a roommate. Kalama Kauhane. Cute name. She's Polynesian, moving here from Hawaii.

"I know," her mom nodded. "I know. Pamela, how's school?"

"You've seen my exam results," Pamela scowled, irritated.

"I don't mean how you're performing at school," her mother said, rolling her eyes. "I meant your social life."

"Good."

That was the end of that.

***

What on earth was all that sound? Livia looked up from her desk, frustrated, storming towards the balcony. Poking her head out, she glanced around but was unable to locate the sound. She let out a groan, letting the blurred screams pass through her head. She had no idea what it was saying.

Livia ran towards Pamela's room. Their mother had left earlier to visit a friend after lunch. Ramming her knuckles against the door, Pamela emerged a moment later looking tired. "What the hell do you want? Why add to the noise?"

"Where is it from?" Livia asked, visibly annoyed. "It's so loud and obnoxious!"

"No idea," Pamela shrugged. "I'm just using my headphones to block it out. Probably arguing neighbours."

Livia opened her mouth to answer, but just at that moment, another scream bellowed through the air. "Get your face out of here!"

Livia's eyes snapped to the direction the sound came from. "That was the twins."

"James," Pamela agreed with a nod. "Should we go check it out?"

Livia bit her lips. She was curious, but she also didn't want him to see her. Victoire should be home today... same with Jason. Who was James getting mad at (or was it Jack?)