十七。銀色的淚水

(silver tears)

  SOMEONE WAS CRYING

SOMEONE WAS CRYING. Livia could hear the sobs shattering the ice-cold silence of the girls' lavatory, the rage clearly visible between gasps for air. Livia didn't say anything, simply remained silent as she quietly snuck into one of the stalls.

There was no reason for her to say anything, especially since she didn't even know who was crying. Livia's not smart enough to tell who's who just from their broken sobs and strangled gasps.

Silence is a good way to comfort people sometimes. Let them think you're not there, that you don't see them. They let their guards down, and when that happens, they're never quick enough to be alert when you pry the information you need out of them.

And then, Livia's bag began to tremble. Frowning, Livia opened the bag, visibly annoyed. If this ruins her little 'covert operation', she will be so mad.

Where the hell is her phone? She swore she stuffed it in here somewhere.

The sobs only continued, the source of the sound growing angrier by the moment. Livia heard a slam as the stall walls trembled, her hand flying to her mouth. Jesus Christ, this person is violent too?

"Stupid, stupid."

That voice she recognises. It was so clearly Hepburn, from the accent down to the way she uttered the words.

"Stupid mom. Stupid dad. Thinking they know best."

Livia remained silent. Let her think she's alone- she might spill something she doesn't mean to.

"Stupid school. Stupid home. They don't know shit."

Livia's phone stopped beeping. Her heart eased, relieved that Sarah had not heard the buzzing.

The crying started once more, though this time, it sounded much more like sniffling than actual sobbing. Livia swallowed, her throat suddenly dry. She's gotten herself into a terrible situation. If she walks out and makes even one sound, Sarah will realise something's up. If she stays and Sarah walks out first, she'll definitely notice the shut door besides her- and her shoes.

Livia suppressed a growl from rolling off her tongue, suddenly feeling extremely frustrated, but she kept quiet. Silence was the only thing saving her right now.

The sniffles died out again, followed by Sarah stomping her foot. She's like a little child when she's angry, but Livia supposed she couldn't blame the redhead. She's just as, if not more immature when she's angry. All people are.

Besides, Livia would be lying if she said she didn't feel bad for her. Despite Sarah's coldness and bluntness, as well as aggression towards her, she isn't that bad a person. Never has been. In fact, Sarah reminded Livia an awful lot of herself.