五。毒的聖餐杯

(poisoned chalice)

 WHEN SHE FINISHED her meal, Livia was the first to leave the table

WHEN SHE FINISHED her meal, Livia was the first to leave the table. No one batted an eye, though her father scorned at her lack of manners- ha, like she had any in the first place.

Sat on her bed, scrolling through her phone, she could have gone like that the whole night had there not been a quiet knock on the door.

She told them to come in.

In walked Victoire and Jason McHill, causing Livia to break in a rare grin as she threw her phone down besides her and got on her feet, "My two favourite McHills." Livia announced as Toire bounced onto her bed, squealing as she hugged Livia's black satin pillow. Jason raised a brow at his little sister but chose not to comment on it, instead flopping onto her ottoman in the corner of the room.

"Nothing has changed," he finally decided. "Livia is still an emo."

"And you're still a jerk," Livia snorted. "Toire, tell your brother he's a jerk."

"He's a dick too," Toire mumbled into the pillow. Livia stifled back a laugh, and Jason's spine stiffened.

'Take that back, you little piece of-"

"Alright, you two, Toire's still twelve, ye pottymouth. Jason, knock it off," Livia scolded as the younger girl scrambled beside her, sending her older brother a victorious smile.

"You're showing blatant favouritism, Wong," Jason shrugged, looking through a drawer. "You have Mortal Kombat 11? We can play."

"I'll have Skarlet consume your pathetic blood," Livia grinned wildly.

"Jason uses D'vorrah and Kollector," Victoire muttered. "A very accurate way to see his personality, lame and boring and overall bad." Why did Toire know about Mortal Kombat again? Maybe it was the years of watching Livia scream, "Kitana just chopped your head off!" or "Tanya will kobu jutsu your ass" as her older brothers were chased around the house, but Toire was very much a tomboy, though Livia thought it was a bit concerning a twelve-year-old had that much love for such a violent game.

Livia turned to Jason, her eyes blank. "I am very disappointed in you, McHill. This is not what I taught you, kiddo," she declared with feigned hopelessness as she landed her hand on the boy's shoulder. Jason scoffed, unimpressed and wrapped his hands around his knees, curling into a ball. Toire smirked at her brother, probably glad that she had someone on her side and slid onto her feet as well, landing on the fluffy carpet. Barefooted, her slippers long forgotten at the foot of her bed, Livia slid across the room to her desk, pulling out the chair and pushing it across the room.

"I feel like we have a lot to catch up," she grinned as she sat down, Toire mimicking her on the floor. "For starters, I realised that both of you no longer study at Greenlow. Why were you guys sent to Hades College for troubled teens?" She heard it during dinner,