十一。詹姆士

james

  HISTORY CLASS CONSISTED OF Livia trying her best not to fall asleep, scratching her nails against the wooden desk

HISTORY CLASS CONSISTED OF Livia trying her best not to fall asleep, scratching her nails against the wooden desk. Next to her, Brie was tapping her chin with her pen, a blank look on her face. Lila seemed to have just given up, not even bothering to look like she was paying attention. Livia wished she could do the same.

The McHill twins sat at the other side of the room, Livia casting a surreptitious glance at the two. Somehow, they both had a good enough attention span to still be taking notes and listening, as the rest of the class struggled to stay awake. Sarah was in the first row, her body tense. Livia hadn't bothered asking her if she was alright, or even asking about the mysterious Damini and the questions she persisted.

She studied her filed nails, sharing a look with Brie. Mr Little has a way to make even the most interesting subjects boring. Why did she have to be stuck in his class?

The classroom was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, not out of respect for the teacher, but more because the class was on the verge to fall asleep. If Mr Little noticed, he didn't show, or demand they remain awake and listen to his poor lectures.

By the time they were fifteen minutes in, Livia had given up. Taking out her writing notebook from her backpack, Livia began scribbling and writing, not even bothering to pretend that she cared about the lesson. No one did, so why should she? Brie gave her a curious glance, noticing her lack of attention, and Livia replied with a small shrug. Lila was practically snoring at that point. She must have not gotten enough sleep last night.

A smile curled on her face as Livia turned her head back to her notebook, writing down the words spinning in her head. She wasn't going to glare at anyone today. Today, she wants to live a drama-free life, the kind she should be living instead of engaging in petty and pointless wars with old friends who don't understand her anymore. Today, she's looking to her future, not her past.

First, she'll have to turn off her mind and the part that keeps thinking about Melody. Easier said than done. Perhaps Livia really had been thinking too much, because the moment she forced herself to stop, her mind suddenly felt uncomfortably empty.

Placing down her ballpoint pen, Livia rubbed her forehead, sucking in a breath. Gods, headaches. When does class end? A glance at the clock told her she still had half an hour to go. Why? She's half inclined to just storm out of the classroom, though she supposed Mr Little won't exactly be pleased by that, so she stayed put, trying her best not to lose her temper while the teacher went on and on and on.

She glanced down at her notebook. In the pages of tightly-packed words, she had somehow found space to fit in a few doodles and drawings here and there. Some calligraphy, too, though her brush pens had somehow been lost while moving. She'll have to buy some new ones later. She bit her lips, studying the roses and flowers she had drawn. Roses had always been a favourite of hers to do. It never got old.