"Good Morning Mother,"

The next day all of class 1-a are sitting in the living room relaxing before Hotaru walks in with Yuki sitting on her shoulder heading to the coffee pot in the kitchen. They watch as she expertly puts everything together to make the coffee before she turns around with a small pout on her lips. Izuku's lips quirk up seeing the familiar expression on his sister's face.

"Who decided it would be a good idea to drink all the coffee I made this morning?"

"It was already gone when Iida got up this morning," Ochako says with a hesitant smile.

"Sensei must have drunk it then and it can't be helped. Also, don't go quiet every time I come into the room it's creepy."

"I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you Hotaru. I had a misguided notion and it clouded my judgment of who you are. Todoroki and Bakugo were correct since there is no evidence that you would even want to betray the class."

The whole class waits with bated breath considering there is no telling how Hotaru is going to react to the information. However, they all blink when she gives a large grin processing what Momo said when there is a knock on the dorm's front door. Hotaru's grin fades wondering who it could be since only those with permission should be able to get up here and they would know that it's okay to just walk into the building.

"Thank you Yaoyorozu," she murmurs before their homeroom teacher heads to the front door from being alerted about the visitor.

Hotaru quietly makes herself a cup of coffee with a few of her classmates noticing that her hands are shaking as she does a normal task. Todoroki crosses the room to check on her when the door is shut drawing his attention away for a second when Bakugo stands up seeing who has come. His classmates watch as he clenches his fist at his sides taking in a sharp breath before Hotaru turns around.

*Hotaru's P.O.V.*

"Good morning, mother," I utter before Bakugo can explode on her.

"Hotaru is there somewhere we can talk?"

I shift forward patting Shoto on his shoulder before walking down the hall hearing my mother trailing behind me. I swing my door open slipping over to the hanging chair that Midnight had set up in my room before I came back to move in. Once I sit down Yuki settles into my lap when my mother closes the door before sitting on the edge of my bed. I know they others are curious as to Bakugo's reaction and the fact that my mother wanted to speak to me privately. I sip on my coffee waiting to see what she is going to say since she came up to the dorms out of the blue.

"Hotaru, I've come to the realization that I was wrong about you and the school this whole time. I should have trusted you and I've failed you in that retrospect."

"Is this because All Might told you that he'd take care of Izuku and make sure he's taught properly?" I whisper pulling into myself to brace myself for the answer.

"No! Your friend Hitoshi sent me a video yesterday of that song you were singing and Katsuki called me last night to talk about you. He showed me that the schools only showed me the side of you that they wanted to because of the fact that they were enamored with his quirk. I should have believed you over the schools, but I didn't."

"I know that mother. I know I wasn't the easiest to handle growing up because of the fights I got into, but I want you to know this. Katsu probably doesn't realize this or maybe he has, but the kids I grew up with were terrified of me because of my quirk and believed that I would use my quirk on them." I say hearing how my voice quivers despite the fact that I don't want it to.

"Why would they be afraid of your quirk?"

"Have you not seen the number two hero Endeavor? That piece of...garbage seems to think his quirk makes him superior and people are scared of him and his quirk. When my quirk manifested with it being fire based, they compared me to Endeavor. Shoto isn't aware of this and I would like to keep this from the both of them at the moment. They have enough on their own plates without having to watch over me."

I set my coffee cup to the side having finished it when I pull my hair into a messy bun to get the strands out of my face to prevent myself from grabbing the strands. Yuki mews pressing her face against my hand demanding that I pet her causing my lips to quirk up at the ends. She's gotten bigger in the last few weeks and has gotten attuned to my personality and emotions which I'm grateful for.

"Hitoshi cares a great deal about you sweetheart. Not to mention the fact that some of your teachers are protective of you and care about you as well. How did you manage to connect with all of them so quickly?"

"The teachers and I are close because I've helped them with some issues and we just naturally meshed to all of our surprise. Hitoshi understands me in a way that very few people due because of his quirk and the kids at his school. He was told from a young age that he should become a villain because that is the only thing people saw when they found out about his quirk. However, his quirk truly is amazing when he uses it."

"He mentioned the same thing about your quirk when he trained with you during the internship. However, he said that you tend to rely on your own strength and only use your fire when you get into a sticky situation."

"I want to be a hero that doesn't have to rely on their quirk to complete their job, but I still train with my flames so I don't lose all the hard work I put into them. Izuku would probably like to speak to you if you have the chance as well." I say shifting to stand up to leave and train.

"Hotaru, are we okay now?"

"We're working on it, mom."

Yuki climbs up back to my shoulder as I grab my cup and phone headed for the living room. The cup is grabbed out of my hand as soon as I walk in and I narrow my eyes before they walk over to the coffee pot causing me to laugh. Yuki hop over to my shoulder before padding over to Todoroki who lets her rub her face against his fingers when my mother comes into the living room. Izuku hops up before the two head out of the dorm to talk outside instead of in the dorm causing me to shrug before sitting on the couch next to Shoto. My cup is handed to me and I use my other hand to touch the hair knowing who it is in an instant.

"Katsuki, thank you. You didn't have to call her last night and show her that what she was told might not be a hundred percent true."

"Whatever. That kid that was walking with us made me realize that your mom might have been told that you were the instigator in every fight that happened at school."

I pull him into a hug causing him to grumble before pushing me away gently causing me to laugh at his reaction. However, I'm tackled in a hug by two people causing me to laugh loudly drawing people's eyes at the sound. My cheeks flush feeling all the stares before I hold my coffee cup up to my face in the hopes that they won't stare quite as much when I take a sip of the coffee. I jolt back to stare at Katsuki with my brows furrowed since this is exactly how I make my coffee in the morning.

"You're hard to miss when you're singing first thing in the morning despite the fact that you didn't sleep the night before." He mutters causing me to grin as I finish off the cup of coffee.

I set it down when my phone is grabbed from my hand by the explosive blond making me pout before I hear the sound of it ringing meaning he's called someone. As soon as the call clicks over, he puts the phone to my ear making me narrow my eyes at him. There's no telling who he called in my contact list when the person on the other end of the line speaks. I narrow my eyes at Bakugo hearing the worry on the other end of the phone line.

"Firefly, is everything okay?"

"It's all good here Toshi. Katsu is just an asshole for stealing my phone. Thank you for sending her the video yesterday," I end in a softer tone with a soft smile on my face.