"Hotaru made a friend,"

I make it to Nezu's office before knocking and entering once he tells me to enter. When I do, I see Yamada and All Might sitting on one of the couches before Nezu pats the spot next to him. I hesitate for a second knowing they've realized something about me, but not what exactly it is.

"Hotaru, some things have come to our attention and we just want to talk about it. Whatever is said in here stays in here."

"What would you like to know Nezu?"

"All Might mentioned that you had your earbuds in the whole time that Aizawa was testing your class. Why would you do that?"

"I'm assuming you all watched us during the Entrance Exam as well? Otherwise it wouldn't have seemed so interesting."

"Yes, we did. Mic mentioned seeing you wearing them as well during the exam as well as beforehand."

"The best the doctors could come up with is a type of sensory overload that only works with sounds. They haven't figured it out to be honest and I don't have any hope that they will."

"What do they think has caused it?" A new voice questions drawing our attention.

"They believe it might be because I was isolated from my peers at a young age. However, if that was the truth more people would be like this, don't you think?"

They all silently think as I get up shifting towards the window allowing them to think. Most likely, they'll be wondering how I can be a hero and have music blasting in my ears. I purse my lips in thought wondering what could convince them that I won't be a liability.

"Hotaru," Nezu says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"We're curious to know if you made any modifications to your costume to deal with this?"

"I did, but like the earphones I wear the modifications will only be a stop gate. Unfortunately, I have to get home before my mom starts to worry."

I take my leave and attempt to make it home without using the music hoping I can build up a tolerance. My mind switches gears seeing a shock of indigo hair just a bit ahead of me. I also see the slight limp he's walking with so I speed up to catch up to him.

"Hitoshi!" I shout causing him to look back.

"Ah..."

"Hotaru, I guess I forgot to mention that earlier. Are you alright?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You have a slight limp. You seem like the person who doesn't bother your parents about these things so follow me."

"To where?" He asks hesitantly.

"My house of course. My mom won't mind so don't sweat it."

I turn us towards the apartment building and continue walking at his pace for the time being. We silently make our way to the apartment before I push open the door while pulling my shoes off. I hear quick footsteps before mom comes around the corner. She freezes seeing Hitoshi standing in the doorway causing the ends of my lips to quirk up.

"Hotaru, where have you been?"

"I was talking to the principal after school along with a few of my teachers."

"Did you..."

"No, I didn't. This is my friend Hitoshi by the way. He's sprained his ankle I believe." I say only to hear him make a noise behind me.

"I'm sorry, I made assumptions."

"It's fine. Most people don't want to be friends with me after learning about my quirk."

I roll my eyes before heading past my mom into the kitchen grabbing a baggie. I throw some ice into it making a makeshift ice pack before handing it to him. I slide into my room quickly changing before swinging my door back open. I poke my head out seeing him standing in the middle of the living room with my mother watching him.

"Hitoshi, there's no need for you to stand in the middle of the room. Is Izuku here mom?"

"He said something about going to a beach."

I motion for him to follow me and he looks to my mom before following me into my room. I grab the towel I grabbed on the way taking the ice pack from him. He sits down looking around before I hand him the towel wrapped around the ice pack. He places it on his ankle as I set my bag down.

"Your mom said something before you came out..."

"What'd she say this time?"

"That you've never head friends except for your brother. Is that true?"

"Interestingly enough it's the truth. The other kids were afraid that I'd use my fire quirk to burn them if they upset me."

"That's why you stepped in earlier. You can't stand someone going through what you've had to. Why chose me as a friend though?"

"Something told me that you'd make a great friend. What quirk do you have? If you don't mind me asking."

"My quirk is brainwash which is why they tell me I'd make a better villain. They think of it as a villainous quirk."

Hearing that makes me click my tongue seeing how he would make a wonderful hero instead. However, my brain thinks about our entrance exam and what it would mean if he had taken it. Aizawa-sense is correct in saying the entrance exam was illogical. It allows those with physical based quirks to get in, but those with mind related quirks don't stand a chance. I click my tongue at the thought before realizing Hitoshi is staring at me.

"Sorry I just realized something. Did you take the entrance exam?"

"I did, but there wasn't really a way to use my quirk."

"As I though, I'll have to talk to Nezu at some point. The school could be losing sharp minds because they don't have physical attack quirks."

"Thank you, but I have to be getting home. My mom will be getting worried since I didn't come home straight away."

"Well it was nice meeting you Hitoshi and I'm glad that I chose you to be my first friend."

He gives a tiny smile as he leaves before Izuku comes running up to the front door. He flashes a smile in passing before heading to the shower while I help set dinner out. My mom and I work silently just as Izuku comes out when we're finished. I quietly eat noticing how my mom wants to say something to the both of us. I set my food down and Izuku does the same wondering what is going on.

"Hotaru made a friend," she gushes out causing Izuku to whip his head my way.

"Mom it's not that big of a deal," I mutter hiding behind my heads.

"Do I know him nee-chan?"

"No, he isn't in the hero course. Also, the principal and three teachers at the school are aware about the sensory overload problem."

"It's better that they are aware Hotaru. I know you hate when people find out, but it's necessary for them to see everything about you."

We finish dinner after that before splitting off for the night.

*A/N: Please excuse for being late on this update. I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday and have just gotten off my painkillers which make me super loopy.*