"It's your quirk sweetheart"

It's a normal day in the Midoriya household where Inko has set up the video of All Might for Izuku while Hotaru is calmly reading a book. The young girl sets the book aside to look at her hands which are feeling unusually warm causing her mother to look her way briefly. They both shrug it off and her mother leaves to go do the dishes while she watches the video from her bed while her brother rocks back and forth watching in excitement. However, her hands grow increasingly warm as well as her feet now causing her to run to her mother thinking something is wrong.

"Mom," she cries out as she runs into the kitchen.

Before either of them can say anything, her hands and feet explode into flames causing the young girl to scream in terror not expecting such a thing to happen. Her mother comes close to her as the flames keep going wild in reaction to her daughter's emotions about the occurrence. Inko carefully picks her up before running to the bathroom placing her in the tub and turning the water on effectively putting the flames out. Izuku runs into the bathroom confused as to what has happened before seeing his sister's tears.

"Mom what just happened?" Hotaru sniffles out.

"It's your quirk sweetheart. Let's see if it happens again if we turn the water off and we'll see the doctor in the morning."

Inko turns off the water muscles tensed ready to throw the water back on if her child bursts into flames again. However, they are lucky and she doesn't burst into flames again causing her and Hotaru to breathe a sigh of relief. Izuku huddles near them as Inko wraps her in a towel to keep her from getting a cold as Hotaru stares at her hands with her brows furrowed. Izuku stares at her hands as well silently wondering what had happened while he was distracted watching All Might.

The next morning Inko dresses both children before they head out to visit the doctor with Izuku bouncing next to his silent sister. Inko watches her silently worried that Hotaru is afraid of the quirk she was given before realizing that they young girl has her earbuds in. Hotaru looks up feeling her mother's eyes on her to give a bright smile as Izuku takes a hold of her hand as they all cross the street. Hotaru squeezes Izuku's hand as they enter the doctor's office causing him to give a grin trying to calm her down. The doctor ushers them into a room before performing a few tests and even asks what had happened when she spontaneously combusted into flames.

Hotaru thinks back to what was going on around her at the time before she spontaneously combusts into flames causing all three of them to shout in surprise. Hotaru calmly blinks thinking about how she would like the flames to be smaller which brings them only to her palms and the pads of her feet causing the doctor to lean back watching. She slowly wishes for it to burn hotter knowing the flames should turn a pretty blue color and she grins when the flames turn blue before wishing for them to go away. She frowns when they don't for the first few times and finally she manages to get the flames to disappear noticing Izuku's wide eyes. He runs over to her side with child like wonder in his gaze as he pokes her hand nearest him.

"Wow, Taru that's really cool! Kacchan will be jealous when we go to school tomorrow."

"interesting, they are twins, correct?"

"Yes, sir. Why?"

"Well she has manifested a quirk and it seems as if he will not manifest a quirk at all. They should have similar DNA so the fact that one has a quirk and the other doesn't is quite odd."

"Well, they aren't quite too old for quirks to manifest, are they? It would break their hearts for them to not be heroes together."

"Since they are four years old they aren't, but once the boy reaches 5 it will be too late for him to possibly have one."

1 Year Later

"You should just give up," the doctor coldly states causing the young girl to growl.

She grabs her twin brother into a tight hug as he remains frozen in her arms and she frowns knowing he is going to be upset about this. He had been waiting for the last year to get his quirk like the rest of his classmates especially his friend Katsuki Bakugo. Hotaru is not fond of his friend because Katsuki liked to beat Izuku up, but so far, he has not realized that is what Katsuki is doing. However, Hotaru has no friends in the school because they were afraid of her fire quirk.

Inko pats her head knowing how protective of her brother Hotaru is causing her to give a soft smile before speaking with the doctor some more. Later that night Izuku is watching the All Might video again as Hotaru slumbers in her bed peacefully unaware of everything that is going on until her mom comes into the room. Hotaru wakes up hearing her mother closing the door before running to Izuku who has tears streaming down his face causing Hotaru to sit up.

"I'm sorry Izuku," their mother cries holding onto the young boy unaware that her daughter is awake.

Just a short time later her mother tucks her brother into bed turning the computer off and leaving the room. Hotaru hears Izuku sniffle before she crawls out of her bed slipping over to his side of the room and into the bed next to him. Izuku curls up closer to her since her body heat is slightly higher due to her quirk. She pats his head as he continues to sniffle making her frown.

"We can find a way Izu and in the meantime you can lean on me."

*A/N: So, Hotaru's quirk is kind of like firebending hence the reason Zuko is above.*