Mister. Me

I was up late finishing work when I suddenly thought of Miss.Alene. I smiled.

I wanted to see her.

I stared at my phone, wondering if I should call her. She wouldn't still be working would she? I laughed, of course she would. She tries too hard; it's one of the things I loved about her. She would be upset with me if I called her while she was working. And I do have some work to finish up on myself. Plus I have to get ready for the companies "party". More like an overrated meeting with fancy people, clothes, and foods.

I laughed again.

I'm her d*mn boss. The CEO ! I can call her whether she likes it or not.

But she'll be p*ssed

I smiled as I quickly grabbed the phone and called Miss. Alene. It rang. And rang. And rang.

She didn't answer.

Heat came quickly as I barged out the office. Three women were gossiping and jolted when they saw me," where is Miss. Alene?" I must have been too loud or frightening, because they shriveled back, flushing, and pointed towards the east wing.

" She went to see patient EA. "

I nod, " many thanks ladies!" I sped through the halls and soon found myself in the same room as Miss. Alene. She was sitting in a chair next to Emily's' bed as I glimpsed at the small lady pause before passing me with a nod of acknowledgement. I nod my head in return, then she left quietly.

I smiled as I saw Miss. Alene frown at the papers in her hand. It was crumbled and splattered with what I hope is just water.

I went towards her ear and wanted to nibble at it disparately. She radiated warmth, " are those the missing papers?"

She jumped in her seat and turn her torso to face me. Her glare fell when we made eye contact. I smiled at her nervousness. She was so cute. I wanted her so bad.

" Yes, sir?"

Mmmm......,"say that again."

"No," she replied without hesitation. 

I gave her a childish whine, " but why...?"

" Did you need anything, Mister. Me?"

I grunted, " why so rude?"

She stood and turned to face me, " I'm working Mister. Me."

I sighed, probably sounding like a child. Then, I had remembered something suddenly. I gave her a smile, " let's go out?"

She lend against Emily's, (who was sleeping), bed. She looked down on me as I crotched down , " I told you no already."

"Why?" I whined, " you like me," I stood and held her hand," and I really like you."

She stared down at her shoes, tensed. Her hands were very warm as I swiped my thumb against her knuckles.

"You shouldn't tease me like this, Mister.Me. Your my boss. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating my boss."

I froze in thought. I sighed and with all my energy, I released her hands. I was left cold," then let's go out as friends."

"No," she said too quickly without thought.

"As friends," I reminded, " as friends."

She shook her head, " no, Mister.Me. I refuse. It's unnecessary and un-work related."

I smiled, " well, Miss.Alene. it actually is," I said as I thought of an idea, "there is a company reunion celebration this week."

I stared into her. She was smart and already knew where I was heading. I smiled.

" I , as your boss, order you to accompany me at this special event."

"I don't want to, " she mumbled.

I felt her breath tickle my lips that tingled for hers. I glanced up at her eyes that stared intensely ahead. She looked like she wanted to whimper aloud. She reminded me now of a scared shaking puppy.

Miss.Alene was no puppy.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

Very slowly, I pulled away from my urge to kiss her. It was hard to do. To physically stop an urge literally pained me. But I don't want her to not feel comfortable.

Instantaneously, I felt her wrap her warm arms around my waist. I paused, in disbelief. Then quickly before she would regret it, I pressed her against me. Her heart was beating fast against mine. And her chest?

It was warm, soft, and I wanted more.

I raised her small chin in my large hand. And for the first real time in forever, her eyes made contact with mine and was filled with emotion.

Her full lips parted, " I hate you," she smiled at my fear, " it was a joke."

"Huh...huh," that was the start of my loud laughing. I picked her up and pressed her against me, twirling us around.

"I knew you liked me back!" She actually chuckled, too! I sat her down and gave her another squeeze and refused to let go. She never lets me touch her.

"You like him, Miss.Alene?" Said a soft quiet voice.

Miss.Alene pushed me aside, "Emily."

Emily....

Subject EA. Emily. Female. Twelve years old. Has D.I.D, capgras delusion, light reduplicative amnesia, stendhal syndrome, deformity, brain damage, etc. Mentally unstable. Not safe in nor for the public. Current status: awake and staring deathly at me.

"Yes," Miss. Alene stepped up, " I like him, a lot"