Miss. Alene

Have the halls always been this silent? And the back lights; have they always flickered? On and off, on and off to the rhythm of my pulsing heart. Along with the clacking of my polished heels stepping against the hard floor. Has the air changed in mere moments as I attended to my patient? Has the excitement of my trip with Jackson faded? What has changed?

I stopped at the door, leaking a fierce new aura. My hand grew heavy as I reached to knock upon his door. I should knock right? Right? What changed? What changed?! What could possibly be happening for me to be called and escorted to Jacksons - no - Mister. Me's office?

As I turn to glance at the suited men with guns as silent as the shadows, the door erupted open.

"Miss. Alene," said a buttered familiar voice. Towered above me stood Manny. His polite yet foxy smile soften my worries only a tad bit. His browns eyes gleamed through his fluffy brown curls.

" Mr. Martinez?" I smiled softly, "What's going on?"

He stepped aside his hand guided me further into Mr. Me's office, " Manny will be just fine. No need for properness at a time such as now."

Mister. Me sat sulked into his "royal" chair. A dark presence crept from him. My heart sunk seeing his brow so furrowed.

"Jackson? What's wrong?"

He took a deep inhale as Manny sat next to me," Mr. Martinez has just given news that Emily has escaped and has potential interests in harming you. She is nowhere to be found at the moment."

Suddenly my air decided to choke at me. Manny quickly handed me a glass of water.

"I know that this is alarming, so we took all the best precautions for your safety," Manny spoke softly as his warm hand rested on my shoulder.

I felt Jacksons glared directed at Manny turn into empathy as his gaze came upon me," we are in a quiet lockdown and have extra security. At the moment no one can come in nor out of our facility. As for you LeVonna, you are to stay here with us."

"But....Emily would never want to.... why would she even want to harm me? She loved me. Adored me. I have been great to her...," I looked up at Jackson, "could she be after you?"

Manny frown, "and why would she be after him?"

Jackson and I locked eyes for what felt like hours. I don't know where we stand right now...

"Emily attacked Jackson before..."

Manny nodded, "yes but -"

"She wanted LeVonna to herself. She was upset with see me with Levonna," Jackson interrupted.

We all said nothing.

"Well, it makes sense but makes no difference in our course of action. All of us are potential targets." Said Manny.

"My home is heavily secured as well as Mr. Martinezs'," Jackson came up to me with longing eyes, " living in your apartment is the least safe. So, I thought it would be best for you to stay with me in one of my guest rooms."

I rubbed my frowned brows and sighed, "I sorry just give me a moment to think."

"This is a lot to take in Miss. Alene, but timeline is not on our side when it comes to safety. Emily has been gone for a while now and not knowing her location is dangerous. We need to choose a secure location since it may be a while before she is found."

I sighed once more.

"Feel free to know that I also have rooms for you in my home as well. Whatever you choose of course. I would have everything provided for you along with privacy." His hand held my balled-up fist swaying it to relax. He peered through his hair with calming eyes. He gave an empathic smile flashing his flattering teeth, "this will all soon be solved and over."

Jackson scoffed, "LeVonna?"

I gazed up at him. He stood tall as my gaze fell down to where his abs would be and further down to his large-

" I suppose I do have to choose."