Lost History - 15

Moseby Street HPG Centre
Civilian District
Unity City
North America
Terra
5th February, 3052

The Doctor watched as all the CommTechs bolted for the door at the sound of the fire alarm. When the last of them had cleared the building through the internal door he was holding open he dashed through to the HPG relay centre. The beauty of fire alarms was that wardens were trained to leave doors open or at least unlocked for the fire crews to gain access to any hot spots.

The Moseby Street HPG fire warden was excellently trained which made the Doctors progress to the communication controls particularly easy.

The Doctor had no trouble identifying the transmission station and he immediately got to work entering the codes and contact details that would send a message streaming light years through space. Before he hit the transmit button he extracted his sonic screwdriver from his jacket and, after tweaking the controls, waved it over the transmission console. The Doctor then sent his message hurtling through the stars on its way to New Avalon.

Less than a minute later black clad security personnel swarmed into the room, weapons raised.

The Doctor immediately raised his hands. "Don't shoot. I'll happily accompany you back to Khan Crichells office."

An office stepped forward. "You are not going to the Falcon Khan. You are wanted by Star Colonel Vlad Ward of Clan Wolf. You will come with us."

The Doctor's eyebrows rose in surprise. "Oh, are you sure you're not from Khan Elias Crichell? He is expecting me you know."

The Doctor saw the rifle butt coming at his head too late. With a crack his world turned to darkness.

End of Book One