Chapter Eleven: Irina and Xenovia

By the next morning, Braedey had lost track of Kiba, and wasn't sure of where he could've ended up. He had tried to use MetalMutt, his bloodhound-like Predacon form to try and track him down, but to no avail. He couldn't find him anywhere, much to his worry and concern.

At the end of the school day, Braedey and Sonicwave arrived at the clubhouse, the two of them having no luck in trying to find Kiba. Even both Saberclaw and Divebomber hadn't found him at all.

"I feel so useless in not finding Kiba." Braedey grumbled to himself. "Like I've failed a mission."

Sonicwave gently patted his back. "I'm certain he'll appear soon. He might've needed to let off some steam or something." He reassured him.

"I just hope he doesn't do anything reckless like that of Wheeljack." Braedey then realised what he said, and he shook his head. "Man, I feel like Ultra Magnus." He gave a chuckle, then he and Sonicwave entered the room.

As they do so, they saw Issei and Asia had arrived before them, and there was Koneko eating an apple on the couch, while Rias was there too. Rias smiled to Braedey, as he sat down next to her.

"So, where's Kiba?" Issei inquired to Braedey.

Braedey shook his head. "No luck. We couldn't find him."

"Let's just say he's not particularly in the best of moods." Sonicwave added in.

"Rias, does this have to do with the Holy Sword Project?" Braedey asked to Rias.

Rias sighed to herself. "Do you remember when I said Kiba was the survivor of the Holy Sword Project? What I didn't tell you, was that there were several other children involved. All of them being raised to use an Excalibur." Braedey, Sonicwave, Issei, and Asia were shocked by this information. "As of now, there are seven other Holy Swords used by the name Excalibur. Pieces of the original Excalibur were scattered during the war. There were seven of them, and it was up to the church to find those pieces. They then used alchemy to create seven entirely new swords." She continued.

"I see..." Sonicwave commented.

"So, does this mean that Kiba can wield those swords?" Braedey asked curiously.

Rias shook her head. "Actually, no. He never fully adapted to the strength of swords. In fact, none of those who were trained ever could. The entire project failed. Those in charge decided to dispose of Kina and the other test subjects." She finished grimly, much to Braedey and the other's shock and saddened loss for Kiba.

'So that's why he said I wouldn't understand.' Braedey thought to himself, shaking his head in sadness.

The door to the room then opened, and Akeno walked in. "Fantastic. Looks like everyone's here." She announced.

"Akeno, why are you so late?" Rias asked.

"Well, I brought some guests and was helping them get here." Akeno gestured to who she brought along. It was Sona and one assistant.