78 - Ambitions

Not edited yet

THE PAST 

Mateo was the kind of person who saw potential in everything. With enough money, every place could be turned into something cool. He had no shortage of money, although that was a truth he tried to hide. He would make it look like Lorraine was taking the fall for any financial risks. 

In terms of size the space was perfect. The bar was ugly as hell, but they could tear it out and replace it. The lightning sucked too; also something that was easy to change. 

Clicking heels stopped in front of him. She took his hands and looked at him with shining eyes. "And? What do you think? You think we can work with this?"

His eyes wandered through the room. He pictured the new bar, the stage, the lounge area, the hot chicks handing out drinks. The location was good; there wasn't much nightlife around here while it was situated along a busy street. The place looked outdated, which explained why the only visitors were some regulars who came here for over fifty years. Mateo was sure they could turn this place into something cool. 

"Yeah, this will work. We should bid a little less; there's much to be done and I doubt there will be a lot of competition."

"Perfect!" Her slender fingers slipped around his hips and she leaned into him to kiss him. 

Mateo's hand raked through her red strands as he received her lips, skillfully leading her to a passionate kiss. A door was opened, the realtor had returned. For neither of them it was a reason to stop; they knew no shame. 

He smirked against her lips as the man awkwardly cleared his throat to attract their attention. 

Lorraine chuckled softly, her hand gliding across his crotch while she moved her lips to his ear. Instead of making him a promise, she bit his earlobe. Then she pulled back from him and aimed her attention to the man, offering him a shining smile. "We will think about it. You'll hear from us."

Mateo shook the man's hand, then he wrapped an arm around Lorraine's waist and led her out of the bankrupted cafe. She sat down on the passenger seat and looked dreamily at the seedy building. 

"You think this is really going to happen Teo? Having our own club before we turn 20?"

His hand glided to her thigh, while his other turned the wheel as he hit the gas. "I've always been ambitious. And you're a great business partner."

She knew Queens' night life inside out, knew where to find girls. There however was more – a part of him wanted her out of the prostitution. She could do so much more. More and more often he thought about all these men with whom she was sleeping, causing a permanent sense of restlessness inside him. Did it mean he wanted her for himself? He couldn't imagine he ever wanted to stick to one chick, but sometimes, when he saw his little brother and June together... It felt like Juan had found his other half; someone who could make him feel happy with just one smile, no matter the shit they were in. Yeah – often they were so clingy it made him roll his eyes but at other times he wondered if he would ever have what they had. 

That it would be Lorraine who would call up feelings like that seemed far-fetched, but the simple truth was that he knew her for three years now and still her touches never bored him. Which was a rarity in itself; often he grew tired of girls after a few times. But Lorraine kept intriguing him, and when she told him about her dream to open a stripclub herself instead of working in one, he had been interested. It would make more money than delivering pizzas and they could build something for themselves.

Ten minutes later he parked the car in front of his mom's house. A few more weeks, then he would finally receive the key of his own apartment. Their mother knew nothing about it; one day she would simply find out that her sons were gone. It would save them a lot of fights.