34 - Anger

Edited

THE PRESENT

Juice felt sick to his stomach.

After everything, Emilio had taken his place. Not only had he kissed his girl but he had fucked her, and had knocked her up. His breathing became heavier, dark spots danced before his eyes.

That asshole. That fucking asshole.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," he grumbled.

As he stood up from the couch, June grabbed his wrist. However, this time he pulled himself loose. This was none of her business. Emilio had sworn to stay away from her – there was nothing worse that he could have done. The betrayal was bitter on his tongue.

"Juan, please!" she yelled as he stormed to the door.

He wanted to ignore her, but he just couldn't. Not after all these years, he had lived without her for too long. "What?!" he grunted, spinning around. "You love him?"

She crossed her arms. The sympathy that had been on her face before, disappeared completely. "You really think I'm the type of person who would stay with someone who I don't love? Yes, I love him. In a different way than how I loved you, different from how I still love you. But I care about him and you hurt him, you're hurting me too."

"Well, seems like I've gotten pretty good at hurtin' you anyway." Wildly, he turned around. He loved June, he loved her more than anything in the world. But it wasn't enough to suppress the anger he was feeling. He needed blood, he needed to see that fucker lying on the ground; if not, he feared that he might do something that he would regret.

The door slammed shut behind him. There was no doubt that both Emilio and Jordy were close – he spotted a guy standing outside; probably Jordy's boyfriend, as the other two were talking with him.

Emilio pushed the two others backwards as Juice exited the house and didn't step aside as Juice rushed at them. Juice's hand went to his side, but he wasn't carrying his gun; that was still in the house.

"You fucking asshole," he yelled. "You son of a bitch!"

His fist hit Emilio's cheek, but he recovered quicker than expected and landed his own punch in return. Cursing, Juice stumbled backwards.

"Calm down, bro." Jordy's boyfriend tried to intervene, with a calmness that made Juice even angrier.

"Fuck you," Juice spat. This time he grabbed Emilio by the throat and tried to throw him to the ground, but Emilio hooked a foot around his ankle so they both fell. "After all these years... after all these years you just did it again! She was my girl and you... you took advantage of her! Just like back then!"

"Nothin' like that happened man!" Emilio wrestled himself from underneath him and warded off Juice's punches with his forearm. "She ain't your girl anymore and I didn't take advantage of anything. Dude, you've been away for fifteen years, you can't act like we're still teenagers!"

Juice barely paid attention to his words. The only thing he could think of, was Emilio and June sleeping together. Had he even fucked her last night?

Emilio screamed as Juice's fist hit his nose, blood splattering across the pavement. Hands grabbed at his shoulders, he could hear both June and Jordy yelling at him, but he shook everyone off. Reaching out he grabbed Emilio's chin and slammed his head against the asphalt.

"Juan, stop!" June screamed. "Stop, you're going to destroy everything again!" Her voice cracked as she started to sob.

Defeated Juice stared at the ground. You're going to destroy everything again.