55 - Vulnerable Sides

Not edited yet

THE PAST

His mother was super friendly. She handed Jordy a glass of juice and pushed her into the couch. 

"Where did you meet Emilio?" she asked with so much enthusiasm that Jordy began to suspect that Emilio had never taken a girl home. 

"We're in the same class," she told the woman. "My best friend is dating his best friend, so I thought it was about time we'd hang out."

There were footsteps on the stairs, and a moment later he entered the living room, this time fully clothed. He looked at her with a face like thunder. Jordy however still found him smoking hot. 

"Well, c'mon then," he grumbled. 

His mother clicked with her tongue, showing her disapproval. "This isn't how I raised you, Emilio; leaving girls at the door."

"I do when they are looking like fucking parrots and sound just as fucking annoying," he huffed. 

"You think you sound like a little angel this morning?" Juan grinned, bumping his shoulder as he walked into the room, giving Jordy a wink. 

If she hadn't known that he was here, Jordy doubted she had dared to go to his house. It had been a true relief to know that Juan knew about her plan and that he would push Emilio to come with her. Nevertheless, she had been so nervous that she hadn't slept at all tonight. Which was stupid; she had known beforehand how he would respond to her. 

And still it hurt that he hated being around her. Well, hopefully he would change his mind today. She finished her drink and put the glass on the table. 

"Okay sunshine, let's go. Before you change your mind." She gave Emilio's mother a friendly smile and hugged Juan, whispering "thank you" in his ear.

Emilio didn't say a word while he followed her to the car. Right before they left his house, he put a baseball cap on his head which he pulled over his eyes, as if he was afraid that people would recognize him. 

"We're gonna leave the city," she said. "We won't come across people we know."

With a surly face he stared forward. 

Jordy was not put off by his behavior and she switched on the cd-player. "You did anything fun since the holidays have started?" she asked while putting on the direction indicator and turning right. 

"Can we not do this? I don't want to talk to you. Just drag me to whatever place you have in mind and leave me alone. The only reason I'm here is because Juan promised you and he's getting me a hot chick later to help me forget about your ugly face."

His words hurt, and again she wondered why the hell she was torturing herself like this. He was a first-class asshole. Maybe this day was needed to fully realize that. 

"You're stuck with me for the next hours," she said stubbornly. "Trust me – if you at least try to have fun the time's gonna pass faster."

Emilio snorted dismissively, pulling his cap further over his eyes. "Just wake me up when we are at whatever shitty place you're takin' me."

. . .

After half an hour Jordy parked the car in front of a lunch room. Emilio hadn't said another word. She didn't know if he was really sleeping or just pretending, but when she softly shook his shoulder he gave her a dirty look. 

"I'm not hungry," he grunted as he saw the restaurant.

"You were wearing boxers when you opened the door, so I assume you haven't had breakfast."