60 - Emotional Friends

Not edited yet

THE PAST

"I can't believe I'm crying over it again."  With her wrist, Jordy wiped her eyes. "I knew damn well something like this would happen."

June was sitting next to her on the bed, rubbing her back. She had also been afraid that Emilio would hurt her friend and she couldn't think of any word to cheer her up. She had returned from her trip with Juan this evening and it didn't take long before Jordy had told her what had happened yesterday. 

"I know you're not a quitter." With a soft voice she tried to reason with her friend. "But maybe it's time to accept that he doesn't like you. You did everything you could, you've shown him more than once that you're interested in hem. If he doesn't want you... well, there's no point in pushing him."

Jordy bent her head, causing her blue hair to fall in front of her face. "I really thought that something had changed between us. I mean – we had our fun during our dates and he was the one who wanted to hang out yesterday. Probably only because of that stupid bet, but still... He could have sent me a text too."

June took Jordy's hand in hers and squeezed. "I think you both had different expectations. You were hoping for something romantic, while Emilio thought the two of you were heading towards a friendship. I'm sure he likes you more than he did a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean that he will fall in love with you. And if your feelings don't go away... well maybe becoming friends isn't the smartest thing to do."

Jordy lifted her shoulders. "Somehow I hoped that he didn't dare to admit his true feelings. Because I'm not... well, you know, one of those popular bitches. And I thought, once we would have kissed... that he might want to take his chances. I mean – Juan doesn't mind that you're not a cheerleader, and maybe I just hoped that your relationship would lower the threshold for us."

Pensively, June looked to the side. "I know how close they are... but they are very different."

Jordy let out a sarcastic laugh. "No shit."

June pulled on a metal charm of her bracelet. "When did those feelings start? Before you knew about Juan and me?"

"I don't know," she sighed. "I always thought he was hot. Both of 'em. But maybe I really started to hope for something more once I knew that Juan was in love with you. You know me, usually I'm head over heels with ten guys at the same time. But since a few weeks he's the only one I can think about."

June was quiet for a while. She didn't know what else she could say. Emilio was a bully, she just didn't understand what Jordy liked about him. She honestly disliked him so much that she couldn't even find him handsome. 

"Enough about me," Jordy said with a slight smirk. "We had a few days of fun, I thought. It's his loss if he rather hangs out with other people. But tell me! How was your trip? How was Juan's sister?"

"She was really sweet. We went shopping one afternoon when the guys were playing soccer. She said she thought that we make a great couple."

"Of course she thought! Who doesn't? Everything went well between you two, those few days together? It's always thrilling... the first days away from everyone else."

With a blush on her cheeks she nodded. 

Jordy flashed her a wide grin at the sight of her red face. "Something exciting happened?"

June bit her lip, looking shyly at her friend. "He uhmm... the first night he asked me if he could undress me. Not completely but – well, you know. He was so gentle and patient. He caressed my breasts. And he – and he kissed them." Her own words made her flinch a little.