Chapter 55

Cover by Ms_EliMonroe  😘😘

I thank you all for the love and support.

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

############################

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

"That was.....I didn't expect that at all," he ran his hand through his hair and looked at me if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

I looked away from him, staring the nearby plants. We were seated in front of a marble made fountain in the gardens closest to the castle. Everyone else were inside having supper. They allowed us to have each others company that night.

"I...I felt in my heart that it was the better choice Phoenix. Why wouldn't it be? Your father was right. We already know that we're going to go deeper into this than we already are, then why not do it soon? I mean we don't have to make the pure blood king put another lord to rule Silver Heights and imagine all the hastle and the work. Plus if we take over, it will be so much easier for everyone else.

However, if I made you uncomfortable I'm so so sorry. If you think it's a horrible idea to get marrie-" Phoenix stopped my rambling by placing his forefinger on my lips.

"Do you know how much joy you brought into my heart when you said you were willing to marry me? Don't ever assume that I thought it was a horrible idea." He gently held my chin and uttered the words without a hint of a smile. I swallowed nervously as I gazed up at him.

"I do sense a certain amount of unease in you. You need to tell me what it is Little Flower. Don't hide anything," he asked concerned. Attempting to hide anything from the Dark Prince was futile. There wasn't a single success in doing it.

"Marriage is a better decision for everyone. Once we are together in Silver Heights, Prince Zenas and my brother along with Beth can also begin their reign. Everything would be quite secured right?" I shrugged at Phoenix and looked at him. Butterflies were having a war in my stomach. How do I explain this?

"Yes, many things will be secured. With a new king and queen in Silver Heights, we will increase security and no one will dare threaten these three kingdoms. Not without thinking at least a hundred times over."

"Yes all of that will be great," I wiggled my toes.

"What are you getting at?" he scooted closer to me on the bench and pulled me across his lap. I let out a shaky breath and looked at him.

"I'm scared. Of marriage." I whispered softly as I expected him to give me a serious talk but what he did made me squint my eyes at him. Phoenix chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I thought so. I mean you should be. I would be a little worried if marriage didn't scare you at all."

"Oh?"

"If you're scared, that means you know it won't always be easy. We will face hard times and we will be forced to make difficult choices. There will be obstacles to overcome but I guess it's a package," he said casually.

"I believe we can face anything together, don't you my Little Flower?" he stared deeply into my eyes. His beautiful midnight blue orbs held so much depth. So much love and affection. His blood red irises shone under the bright moonlight. The red gave me a sense of security. He was ready for this marriage and that is all the assurance I needed. I knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt me and that was enough. I felt safe with him.