Chapter 20

Sorry for the super late update. I've been quite busy with studies. Anyway here's another chapter and don't forget to comment your thoughts. 💗💗💗

############################

Percival's POV.

She looked at me, expecting an answer. I didn't say anything for a long time. I just couldn't. Instead I opened the tray filled with food. It smelled good, yet she seemed like she wanted to throw up.

I didn't like the way things were going so I got up from my seat and went to her. I held both her arms and firmly pulled her numb body to a sitting position then adjusted the pillows behind her back.

"You must eat dear. At least for my sake." I don't think my words even reached her ears. I knew she didn't want to listen to me. I could tell that all of it was just too much for her to  take in. Everything was suddenly moving too fast. So, she had to stop it. She wanted a way out of her situation.

"Eve? Eve you have to listen to me. I know whatever you're going through is hard and..."

"He didn't even want to see me or talk to me," she mumbled under her breath. It was so soft I almost didn't catch it but I did.

So it wasn't all the Prince's doing? Who was this someone else?!

"Sorry but I don't understand you." I sat closer trying to figure out what she was mumbling. 

"Of course he wouldn't. Why would he want to talk? It's all my fault." Her hands were slightly trembling on her lap. I took her left hand gently in mine and gave it a light squeeze.

"Eve, who doesn't want to talk to you?" Her eyes suddenly shot up to mine. She then pulled her hand away looking frantically at her surroundings, talking in everything. As if she just realized where she was.

After some time her eyes returned to mine. "How long....?"

"Throughout the day it's almost half past eight. Do you feel any sort of pain?" I asked worried.

"No."

"Good."

It was back to silence.

"Who doesn't want to talk to you? Would you like me to teach that someone a lesson?" She just stared at me looking puzzled.

"Earlier you said 'He doesn't even want to see me or talk to me' so who is it?" Understanding filled her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mr. Percival. I didn't mean to rant."

"There's nothing to apologize for. You look so troubled. It is my advice that you talk it out. To share whatever it is that's eating you up."

"Why?" She asked timidly while fidgeting with her fingers.

"Because it'll give you some relief and make you feel a little better. You can't deal with so many things at the same time. Why don't you talk it out?  And who better than me?  I'm completely neutral and I give you my word that I won't tell another soul. I just....how do I put it? I hate seeing you like this." Again there was silence after my rambling.

All I heard was the girl breaking her knuckles one by one. I cleared my throat to tell her that it was okay if she didn't want to talk but her next word stopped me.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth's POV

Eeerrrgghhh why does she always have to be here?? I know she has to clean but why is she here like...all the time?!

"Henri? Are you done with the other hallways. You know if it's not clean enough Ms.Odelle would make you do it all over again." I tried my best to sound friendly.