Chapter 43

Love you.

God bless all of you and have a wonderful day ahead.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Prince Phoenix's POV

"Wh....what?" it was my turn to stutter.

How can anyone just say something like this so soon??

"I f..forgive you," she said again, clearer.

"How...w..why?"

"You are so sorry."

"I truly am but what I did was-"

"You are sorry Your Highness and you feel...remorse. You...you also s..saved me," she whispered to herself and to me.

"How can you be so forgiving?" I asked in wonder and she tilted her head to the side trying to figure out what I meant. That only showed me that it was in her very nature. She was pure, innocent and forgiving. Even after all that's happened to her, none of those qualities were lost.

"You really forgive me. You really do. Wholeheartedly." I mumbled

"Yes."

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I pulled her to me and caged her in my arms. She immediately flinched the second I moved forwards and her entire body stilled as I hugged her. She just stood against me with her hands frozen at her sides.

"Thank you. I have no other words for you Little Flower. I can only say this, thank you. You never fail to blow me away." I whispered. Only then did she relax in my arms. I didn't let go for some time. The situation was just too perfect. In that moment, with her in my arms, it was the only thing that mattered. I didn't care about anything else. It was as if the rest of the world faded away and she was the only thing that was crystal clear.

"Papa will be angry. I have to go," she said timidly while pulling back.

"I'll come with you."

When we entered the hall, I immediately locked eyes with the King as he sat at the head of the table. The Queen was seated on his right while Alexander on his left. Alex and Queen Aurora were having a light conversation while the King only glared at me. He wasn't listening to anyone else talking. His eyes were hard as he drummed his knuckles on the heavy wooden table.

My Little Flower greeted her mother and brother before walking towards the King. She kissed him on the cheek and whispered some stuff in his ear.

His stone cold eyes gradually lost their roughness. He slowly diverted his eyes away from me to look at his daughter. After a few painfully slow moment, he nodded at my girl. Alexander let out a heavy breath and signaled for me to sit beside him while my little one sat beside the queen.

"So!..." the King started. "I heard you're leaving soon?" King Sindrion looked expectantly at me.

"So eager to get rid of me? I hope you act differently when the trolls come back," I bit back.

"Boys!! Enough!!" Queen Aurora exploded. Her eyes glowed brightly making her daughter nervous. The dress she wore made a slight movement which only means her wings wanted to be let free. That's what happens when fae creatures become anxious or angry or basically too emotional.

I couldn't care less about any of that. King Sindrion was pissing me off. I hated the fact that he was a King and I was just a Prince.

"Boy?!" I gritted out.

"I am much older Prince Phoenix, don't forget that and both of you will stop this bickering. Now!"

I snorted and looked away while the King glared at his wife.