Chapter 47

Two weeks had gone by since Alexis and Seth got back from their honeymoon. They moved into Seth's old house on the reservation. Alexis woke up to find the bed empty, except her. She looked around the room, not seeing Seth. She then smelled a wonderful aroma coming from downstairs, so she guessed that Seth was making breakfast. Alexis got out bed and got dressed. Once she finished, she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning love." Seth greeted her with a kiss.

"Morning." Alexis said.

"Sleep well?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said. "What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes with scrambled eggs." Seth replied.

"Anything I can help with?" Alexis asked.

"You can make coffee." Seth said.

"Ok." Alexis said. She went over to the coffee pot and started it. A few minutes later, they were both sitting at the table with the food.

"This is really good, babe." Alexis said as she ate.

"Thank you." Seth said. While they ate, Alexis started to feel nauseous. She quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up. Seth rushed to the bathroom.

"Are you ok?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah. I think so." Alexis said as she finished getting sick. She cleaned herself up and sat on top of the toilet.

"Why did you get sick?" Seth asked.

"I don't know." Alexis said. "I felt fine a minute ago." They were quiet for a few seconds.

"Can you grab my phone?" Alexis asked.

"Sure." Seth said. He went into the kitchen and came back with Alexis's phone. Alexis took it and looked through it. She then got a weird look on her face as she realized why she got sick.

"What?" Seth said. Alexis ignored him and went out of the bathroom. She headed towards the door.

"What is it?" Seth asked. Alexis didn't answer.

"Alexis." Seth said, grabbing her arm. "What's wrong?"

"I think I'm pregnant." Alexis said, before turning around and walking out of the house. Seth went after her.

"Are you ok?" Seth asked, catching up to her.

"Yeah." Alexis said. "I just need to talk to my Dad." When they got to the house, they saw everyone in the living room.

"Dad, I need to talk to you." Alexis said. "Can we go up to your office?"

"Sure." Carlisle said. "Come on." Alexis followed him up to his office. "What's up?" Carlisle asked as he closed the door.

"Before I say anything, I need you to promise that you won't freak out or get mad." Alexis said.

"Ok." Carlisle said. Alexis took a deep breath.

"I think I may be pregnant." She said. Carlisle was quiet for a moment.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I got sick this morning and when I looked at my phone, I saw that my period was late." Carlisle rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

"Can you lay on the table please?" He asked. Alexis nodded and got in the table. Carlisle did an ultrasound.

"I'm not able to see it." He said after a minute. Alexis got off the table and the two of them headed downstairs.

"Carlisle, what's going on?" Alice asked. "I can't see Alexis's future anymore."

"Alexis thinks she's pregnant." Carlisle replied. Everyone gasped.

"How is that possible?" Emmett asked.

"Well, I am half human." Alexis said.

"So, is what happened to Bella going to happen to Alexis?" Seth asked.

"I'm not going to let that happen." Carlisle said. "I will get that thing out of you."

"No!" Alexis said. "I'm not going to let you guys do what you did to Bella."

"I'm not going to let you die." Carlisle said.

"I'm half vampire." Alexis said. "I could be stronger than Bellawas."

"I'm not going to risk it." Carlisle said. Alexis ran out of the house, crying. She came to a log and sat down.

"Are you ok?" Seth asked, from behind her.

"Please don't be mad at me." Alexis said.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Seth asked. He went over to Alexis and sat next to her.

"You saw how Edward resented Bella when she decided die for Renesmee." Alexis said. "Please don't resent me because I'm choosing the same thing."

"I will go with whatever you decide and will be by your side the whole time." Seth said.

"I love you." Alexis said.

"I love you too." Seth said. They heard something and turned around, seeing Carlisle.

"Seth, could I have a moment alone with Alexis." He asked.

"I'll see you back at the house." Seth said, kissing her on the cheek. He got up from the log and Carlisle took his place.

"You're right and I'm sorry." Carlisle said. "But, I can't just let you die."

"Did you ever think that since I'm half vampire, I could be stronger than Bella was?" Alexis asked.

"But you don't know that." Carlisle said.

"So we don't." Alexis said. "We'll just have to wait and see then." Carlisle sighed. They headed back to the house.

"So, could this thing be like Renesmee?" Jacob asked.

"My guess is that since Alexis is half vampire and Seth is a werewolf, it could be a half vampire half werewolf hybrid." Everyone nodded. Alexis sat on the couch with Seth and he put arm around her.