Chapter 41

Two days later, Alexis woke up in bed. She was feeling a lot better than she had been feeling the last couple of days. "Morning." Renesmee said.

"Morning." Alexis said. They noticed that they were still hooked up to monitors. The girls had been in and out the last couple of days, so they couldn't remember what had happened the last couple of days. "Dad." Alexis called, knowing he would hear her. She heard footsteps on the stairs and saw her father walk into the room. He saw that both of the girls were awake.

"Hey. How are you two feeling?" Carlisle asked as he checked their vitals.

"Ok." Alexis said.

"What happened?" Renesmee asked.

"How much do you guys remember?" Carlisle asked.

"I remember us being sick and laying on the couch with Seth and Jacob." Alexis said. "And I remember you trying to figure out what was wrong with us."

"Same here." Renesmee said.

"You guys were laying on the couch, when you both started coughing up blood and fainted." Carlisle explained as he examined them. When he took their temperature, it had gone down but they still had a little bit of a fever.

"Did you figure out what was wrong with us?" Renesmee asked.

"Yeah." Carlisle said. "It was Aro."

"Of course it was." Alexis said.

"He had a witch working with him." Carlisle explained. "She's the one that did everything to you guys. The different behavior, wanting to feed on us, and making you really ill."

"A witch?" Alexis asked.

"Yes." Carlisle said.

"How long have we've been sick." Renesmee asked.

"About a week." Carlisle answered. "Aro and the rest of the Volturi showed up two days ago."

"Are they going to back off?" Alexis asked.

"For now." Carlisle said. "But we don't if they're going to forget about it or continue to go after you guys."

"Ok." Alexis said.

"Can we go downstairs?" Renesmee asked.

"That's fine." Carlisle said. He started unplugging some of the machines. He kept some of them plugged in so he could continue to monitor them. The three of them headed and went into the family, here the rest of the family was.

"Hey baby." Bella said, going over to Renesmee. Alexis saw Seth sitting in a chair.

"Hey beautiful." He said.

"Trust me, I bet I don't look beautiful right now." Alexis said. "I probably still look sickly."

"You always look beautiful, no matter what." Seth said as he kissed Alexis and pulled her into his lap. Alexis smiled at him.

"So, what happens now?" Alice asked, looking at her father.

"You guys still have a little bit of a fever." Carlisle explained. "It's not as high as it was before, but I want to make sure you two are completely better before you go back to school. As well as make sure Aro doesn't do anything to you guys again."

"Speaking of school, what are you going to say?" Renesmee asked. "We haven't been in a month."

"I'll just explain that you guys were severely ill." Carlisle said.

"Ok." Alexis said.

"Are you guys hungry?" Esme asked. "I can make you girls something."

"Yes. We're starving." Alexis and Renesmee said.

"Ok." Esme getting up and going into the kitchen. A few minutes later, she came back into the room with two bowls of soup. The rest of the day, Alexis and Renesmee spent time with their family.

A/N- Sorry it's such a short chapter. I wanted to do a chapter with Alexis and Renesmee getting better, but didn't really know what to put.