Chapter 19

Two weeks later, Alexis was sitting in the living room, next to Bella. Bella looked terrible. It had only been two weeks and her stomach had already grown. Alexis heard something and looked outside, it was Jacob.

"Jacob's coming." She said. Carlisle went to get the door. Bella called for him and he came into the living room. Alexis and Rosalie stood in front of Bella. Jacob started to walk towards them.

"That's close enough." Alexis said, when he got close enough. "What's you two's problem?" Jacob asked.

"Guys, it's ok." Bella said. They stepped aside and let Jacob through.

"You look terrible." He said, looking at Bella. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?"

"Lexi, Rose." Bella said, looking at them. "You guys wanna help me help up?" Alexis and Rosalie each grabbed Bella's hands and helped her up. After a minute, Jacob looked at Edward.

"I'm going to kill you." He said, walking towards him. Emmett and Jasper stopped him.

"Was is it?" Jacob asked Carlisle.

"We don't know." Edward said.

"The only other time I've seen this is when..." Carlisle said, trailing off. Everyone looked at Alexis.

"So, the thing inside Bella could be like Alexis?" Edward asked.

"Possibly." Carlisle said.

"What's Alexis have to do with this?" Jacob asked.

"She's half human half vampire." Esme said.

"How?" Jacob asked.

"Before I met Esme, I had a wife that was human." Carlisle explained. "And we had Alexis."

"Ok." Jacob said.

"While she was pregnant, Alexis was growing exceeding fast, just like Bella's baby is." Carlisle said.

"What happened to your wife?" Edward asked.

"She died shortly after giving birth to Alexis." Carlisle said. "I've been researching, but there isn't much. All I really have to go off of is is what I've written about Alexis."

"You have to get that thing about of her." Jacob said.

"It's none of your business, dog!" Rose snapped.

"Rose!" Esme scolded. "All of this fighting isn't good for Bella."

"The fetus isn't good for Bella!" Alice said.

"Say the word, Alice." Alexis said. "Baby. It's just a little baby."

"Carlisle, you have to do something." Jacob said.

"No. It's not his decision." Bella said. "It's not any of your decisions."

"Jacob, I need to talk to you." Edward said. They walked outside.

Alexis went up to her room. She started thinking about her mom. She knew that her mother had died, but her father never told her how she died. She started to cry. There was a knock on her door and her father walked in.

"Are you ok?" He asked. "I heard you crying."

"Yeah. I'm fine." Alexis said, trying to wipe the tears before her father saw.

"No you aren't." Carlisle said. "What's wrong?"

"Did I kill Mom?" Alexis asked.

"Oh Alexis, I'm sorry you had to hear that." Carlisle said. Alexis started to cry again.