Chapter 38

A couple days had passed since the incident with Alexis and Renesmee wanting to feed on their family. Everyone had been keeping a close eye on them, making sure they didn't feed on them again. Alexis and Renesmee were hanging out in a field with Seth and Jacob. For once, it was a beautiful, sunny day. It was refreshing compared to rainy and dreary days that Forks usually had. "You two look radiant today." Seth said.

"You're just saying that because the sun causes us to glow." Renesmee said.

"Just take the compliment." Jacob said.

"Thank you." Alexis said, giggling.

"How would you girls like to go out tonight?" Seth asked.

"Sounds great." Renesmee said.

"Yes." Alexis said. "I think me and Nessie need a date night after what we've been through."

"Agreed." Renesmee said.

"Great." Seth said.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Alexis asked.

"It's a secret." Jacob said.

"Oh come on." Renesmee pleaded. "Please tell us."

"Nope." Jacob said. "You'll find out tonight."

"Come on. We'll take you guys home." Seth said. He and Jacob turned into wolves and Alexis and Renesmee got on their backs. Jacob and Seth took off running.

When they got to the Cullen's house, they kneeled and Alexis and Renesmee got off of their backs. Jacob and Seth turned back into humans. "We'll pick you guys up at six." Jacob said. The girls nodded and walked inside while the guys walked off.

"Let's go." Alice said as soon as the girls walked inside.

"Where?" Alexis asked.

"Shopping." Alice replied. "You guys need outfits for your date tonight."

"I'm sure we can find something in our closet." Renesmee said. "We don't need new outfits."

"Of course you do." Alice said. "Now let's get going so we can get back in time for you guys to get ready."

Alexis and Renesmee rolled their eyes at each other as they laughed. "Fine." They said.

"Come on." Alice said, grabbing their hands and dragging them out to the car. They drove to a clothing shop. Once Alice had picked two outfits for them, they headed back to the house. "Now, hurry up and go take showers so me and Rosalie can do your guys hair and makeup.

"Geez, you're so bossy." Alexis joked to Alice.

"I know." Renesmee agreed, giggling.

"Just go." Alice said. "The boys will be here soon."

Alexis and Renesmee went upstairs to their room. To make Alice happy and take less time, Renesmee showered in their bathroom while Alexis showered in a separate one. When she got out and walked into her room, she saw Rosalie and Alice waiting there. Alice had already started on Renesmee. Alexis sat in a chair, in front of the mirror, and Rosalie started on her hair. A few minutes later, Alice and Rosalie finished doing their hair and makeup. "Let us see." Rosalie said. Alexis and Renesmee turned to look at Alice and Rosalie.

"Perfect." Alice said, smiling. Alexis looked back at mirror. Rosalie had done a really good job. She always did a great job.

 She always did a great job

 "Jacob and Seth will be here soon

"Jacob and Seth will be here soon."

Renesmee looked at her phone and saw it five minutes till six. "Yeah, they'll be here any minute." She said. She and Alexis put their shoes on, grabbed their purses, and headed downstairs. By the time they got to the bottom of the stairs, Jacob and Seth were at the front door.

"Hey." Seth greeted, when Renesmee opened the door.

"Hey." Renesmee said.

"You guys ready to go?" Jacob asked. 

"Yep." Alexis said. "Bye guys. We'll be back later."

"Bye. Have fun." Her family called back.

Alexis and Renesmee walked outside and got into the Jacob's car with the guys. Jacob backed out of the driveway and headed off the hidden road that led to the Cullen's house. "So, where are we going?" Alexis asked as they drove.

"Port Angeles." Jacob answered. "We're taking to you guys to a nice restaurant."

"Sounds good." Renesmee said.

A little bit later, they arrived at the restaurant in Port Angeles. Jacob parked the car and he and Seth opened the girls doors for them. Alexis and Renesmee got out of the car. Seth held the door to the restaurant open for the girls. "Thank you." Renesmee said.

"We have a reservation for Black." Jacob said.

"Follow me." The hostess said. She led the four of them over to a booth.

"Thank  you." Jacob said. The four of them sat down as the hostess left. They looked over the menu.

A couple minutes later, they all had their food and were eating. "You girls look stunning." Seth complimented.

"Thank you." Alexis said. "You guys don't look too bad yourselves."

"Thanks." Jacob said. "Are those new dresses?"

"Yeah." Renesmee said. "Alice dragged us out shopping after you guys dropped us off earlier."

"I guess we shouldn't be surprised." Seth said.

"Is it Alice, after all." Alexis joked. They all laughed.

After they ate, they walked around town. "Do you guys want ice cream?" Jacob asked.

"Yes please." Alexis and Renesmee said. They all walked into an ice cream parlor. Alexis got cookies and cream, Renesmee got mint chocolate chip, and the boys got rocky road. Jacob paid for the ice cream and they all walked out of the parlor. Alexis and Renesmee started started to get cold as they walked.

"Here." Seth said as he and Jacob put their jackets around them.

"Thanks." Renesmee said. Once they finished their ice cream, they got in the car and headed back to Forks.

"See you girls later." Jacob said. Seth and Alexis kissed, while Renesmee and Jacob did the same.

"Bye." Renesmee said as her and Alexis got out of the car. They walked inside.

"We're home." Alexis said. "Where is everyone?"

"TV room." They heard Jasper say. They walked into the TV room and saw everyone there.

"Hey guys." Renesmee said.

"How was the date?" Emmett asked.

"It was good." Renesmee replied.

"Jake and Seth took us to a restaurant in Port Angeles." Alexis said. "We got ice cream and walked around, afterwards." They all nodded.

"What are you guys up to?" Alexis asked.

"We're were about to watch a movie." Esme said. "Want to join us?"

"Sure. Let us go change first." Renesmee said. They went up to their room to change into their pajamas and walked back down to the TV room. They saw next to Rosalie and Emmett as they watched the movie.