Chapter 28

The next morning, Alexis woke up early. She wanted to watch the sunrise. She quietly got out of bed, not wanting to wake Seth up, and walked out into the beach. She sat down and looked up at the sky. It was absolutely beautiful.

After a little bit, Seth cane out and joined her. "Watching the sunrise?" He asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said. "Did you come out to watch it too?"

"Yep." Seth said. They sat together, watching the sunrise. Alexis put her head on Seth's shoulder.

"Come on." Seth said, after a couple minutes. "Jacob should be finished with breakfast."

Alexis stood up. "I'll race ya." She said.

"You're on." Seth said. They both took off running towards the house.

Alexis got there a second before Seth. "Haha. I won." She said.

"That's because I let you win." Seth teased. They walked inside and smelled a wonderful aroma of pancakes.

"Mmm. Smells good, Jake." Seth said.

"Thank you." Jacob said. They all sat down and ate.

"Why don't we go swimming in the pool today." Renesmee suggested.

"Sounds good." Alexis said. They finished eating, put the dishes in the sink, and went to change into their swimsuits.

After Alexis had changed, she grabbed a towel and walked out to the pool. She got on the diving board and jumped into the pool. Renesmee got there and jumped in. They started swimming around. Then Jacob and Seth got down to the pool. They took a running start and both did cannonballs into the pool, splashing Alexis and Renesmee. They laughed at them.

"Not funny guys." Renesmee said.

"Yes it is." Seth said, still laughing. Alexis and Renesmee gave each other a look and smiled. They both splashed the boys together. They laughed. Seth and Jacob splashed them back. Soon, it turned into a splash fight. Afterwards, Jacob and Seth set up a volleyball net and they all played volleyball in the pool.

That afternoon, everyone was getting hungry, so everyone went inside and Alexis and Renesmee started to make lunch. The boys started throwing a football around the house. "Take it outside, guys." Alexis said. "I promised my dad we would keep this place clean." Seth and Jacob sighed, but went outside. Alexis and Renesmee went back to making sandwiches for lunch. Alexis made some lemonade.

When they finished, they put everything on the table. Renesmee went outside to call Jacob and Seth in, who were roughhousing. "Boys, lunch is ready." She said. The guys rushed inside and sat at the table.

"This is good." Seth said as they ate. "Thanks for making lunch, girls."

"You're welcome." Alexis and Renesmee both said. They heard thunder and they all looked outside. It had started raining.

"I guess there goes the rest of our day of swimming." Jacob said.

"We can still find something to do the rest of day." Seth said.

"We have a huge movie selection and a closet full of board games." Alexis said. "We could spend the afternoon watching movies and playing board games."

"Good idea." Renesmee said.

After they finished eating, they grabbed a couple movies and board games. "I'll make some popcorn." Renesmee said, going over to the pantry.

"Who wants to play Scrabble first?" Seth said.

"Sounds good." Jacob said.

Alexis browsed through the selection of movies. "What about The Notebook?" Alexis asked.

"No chick-flicks." Jacob said.

"Ok, how about Grease?" Alexis said.

"Or musicals." Seth added.

"Fine." Alexis said. "How does Ferris Bueller's Day Off sound?"

"Great." Jacob and Seth both said.

"Ok then." Alexis said. She put the movie in while they boys set up the board game. Renesmee came over with two huge bowls of popcorn. She handed one two the boys and set one in between her and Alexis. Alexis started the movie and they all started playing Scrabble. They continued watching movies and playing board games for the rest of day.