Chapter 45

The next morning, Alexis woke up in Seth's arms.

"Morning beautiful." He greeted her with a kiss on the lips.

"Morning." Alexis said. They both got out of bed and started getting dressed.

"How did you sleep?" Seth asked.

"I slept great." Alexis said. "How about you?"

"Same here." Seth said. "What do you want to do for breakfast?"

"There's a small cafe nearby." Alexis said. "We can go there."

"Sounds good." Seth said. Once they finished getting ready, the two of them headed out. The cafe was in walking distance of the and they made their way there. A few minutes later, Alexis and Seth were sitting at a table outside and eating their breakfast.

"What do you want to do today?" Alexis asked.

"Up to you." Seth said. "I've never been to London before."

"Neither have I." Alexis said.

"You haven't?" Seth asked.

"Nope." said Alexis.

"I just assumed since your Dad was from London that you would have."

"Just because my Dad is from London, doesn't mean I've been here before." Alexis said.

"Sorry." Seth said, apologizing.

"It's ok." Alexis said. "We can go sightseeing."

"Perfect." Seth said. After they finished eating, they walked around holding hands, enjoying the sights.

That afternoon, they were having lunch. "So, what do you want for the rest of the day." Seth asked as they ate.

"I could show you where my Dad grew up." Alexis said. "It's only an hour or two from here."

"Sure." Seth said. They finished eating and got in the car. Alexis gave Seth the address. "Do you think the house will still be there?" Seth said. "It has been a few hundred years."

"I don't know." Alexis said. "My Dad said it was the last time he visited it."

"How long ago was that?" Seth asked.

"In the 1800s, just before he came to America." Alexis replied.

"Ahh ok." Seth said. Two hours later, they came to a village. There were a bunch of houses, they all looked old enough to be from the 1600s. They came to a large Victorian style house.

"Your father grew up here?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said. "His father was a pastor and well respected one at that, so they had a nice house." Seth nodded.

They walked into the house. Alexis looked around. In one room, she saw a coffee table and a mantle with a bunch of pictures. There was one of a man and woman that she assumed were her grandparents. Alexis took a picture of it with her phone so she could ask her father when they got home. The other pictures were of her father and his father. They showed her father growing up over the years. The last picture was a self-portrait of her father. It had to of been taken not long before he became a vampire, because he looked the same.

"Where's the woman in the other pictures?" Seth asked.

"My Dad said his mother died giving birth to him." Alexis explained. "So, that's why she's not in any of the other pictures."

"Oh ok." Seth said. They went into the other rooms. They found the kitchen. In another room, they saw a large grand piano.

"Your Dad lived in a very nice house." Seth said.

"Yes he did." Alexis agreed.

"You ready?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said as she followed Seth. She stopped in front of the self portrait of her father. "Wait."

She contemplated on taking it or not. She remembered that her father said he didn't have any pictures of himself as a human. She figured he would like to have one. She decided to take it.

"Now, I'm ready." Alexis said. She walked out of the house with Seth and got in the car.

"Do you want to get some dinner?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said.

"Ok." Seth said. They went to a nice restaurant and sat at a table. After a little bit, they had their food. Alexis got fettuccine Alfredo and Seth had lasagna. They then shared a piece of chocolate cake.

After eating, they headed back to the house. They both got into comfortable clothes and laid in bed, watching tv. Alexis cuddled up in Seth and he put his arm around her. "I love you so much." Seth said, kissing Alexis.

"And I love you." Alexis said. After a while, they both fell asleep.

AN. This is the photo I used the picture of Carlisle in the house.