Chapter 24

A couple days later, it was the night before the battle and Alexis was sitting by a fire. She was snuggling up to Seth. "Are you warm enough?" Seth asked, looking down at her.

"Yeah." Alexis said. Seth leaned down and kissed Alexis. Alexis kissed him back. Just then, Carlisle came over to them.

"Alexis, Seth." He said. "Can I have a word with you two?" Alexis and Seth exchanged a look with each other and followed Carlisle. Carlisle lead them to an empty area.

"What's up, Dad?" Alexis asked.

"Me, Alice, and Jasper were talking." Carlisle started. "Aro already knows that you're a hybrid. So, we're going to use you to show the Volturi that Renesmee won't be a threat." Alexis looked worried.

"What if they take me again?" She asked.

"That won't happen. I'll be by your side the whole time." Carlisle said. "And Seth, I want you to be next to Alexis as well." Seth nodded. Alexis still wasn't sure. "I promise you'll be safe." Carlisle assured his daughter.

"Ok." Alexis finally said. She walked with Seth to their tent that they set up next to Renesmee's. Alexis got into the sleeping bag and cuddled into Seth. Seth wrapped his arms around her, keeping her warm.

The next afternoon, everyone was walking to the the field where they were meeting the Volturi. Her father and Seth were right next to Alexis. Both staying protectively close to her. They stopped when they saw the Volturi approaching. The Volturi stopped a couple feet from them. Carlisle stepped forward and Aro did the same.

"Aro." Carlisle said.

"Carlisle." Aro said. "I see you've brought an army up against me."

"I promise you, it is not my intention to fight." Carlisle said. "We have done nothing wrong."

"We see the child." Caius said.

"She is not immortal." Carlisle said. "You can look for yourself. See the flush of blood in her cheeks."

"I will gather all the information." Aro said. "But from someone more keen to the situation. Edward." He looked at Edward. Edward stepped forward and walked over to Aro. He took Edward's hand.

"I'd like to meet her." Aro said, after a moment. Edward looked at Bella. Bella and Renesmee started walking towards them, with Jacob and Emmett following behind them.

"Hello Aro." Renesmee said, once they reached them. Renesmee put her hand to Aro's cheek. After a moment, Aro spoke.

"Magnificent." He said. "Half mortal half immortal. Born to Edward and Bella, while she was still human."

"Impossible." Caius said.

Aro looked at Caius. "Do you think they would fool me brother?" Aro asked.

"But, how do we know she won't pose a threat to us?" Marcus asked.

"You're right brother." Aro said, looking at the Cullens and the witnesses. "For the first time, humans pose a threat to our kind."

"She won't be a threat." Esme said.

"How do you know?" Caius asked. Everyone looked at Alexis.

"Ah yes. Alexis." Aro said. "Come here, darling." Alexis looked at her father and he nodded. Alexis walked towards Aro, with Carlisle and Seth close behind.

"Hello my dear." Aro said, once she got to them. "It's nice to see you again."

"Hello Aro." Alexis said.

"How do we know they both won't be threats." Caius asked.

"Ask us questions." Alice said. "We'll tell you anything you want to know."

Aro looked at Alexis. "How old are you?" He asked.

"She's." Carlisle started, but Aro cut him off. "

"I want her to answer." He said.

"I'm 149 years old." Alexis answered. "I was born in 1864."

"When did reach maturity?" Aro asked.

"I was fully matured seven years after my birth." Alexis replied

"And your diet?"

"Blood." Alexis said. "But I also consume human food, as well."

"Aro, let me show you that Alexis has not been a threat to our kind." Carlisle said.

"And let me show you that Renesmee won't be." Alice said, walking over to them. Aro took Carlisle's hand. And then he took Alice's hand. He was quiet for a moment and then he looked at the rest of the Volturi.

"They won't be a threat to our kind." Aro finally said. "They've done nothing. We won't be fighting today."

"Thank you Aro, for understanding." Carlisle said.

"Until we meet again, Carlisle" Aro said. The Volturi rushed back. They rest of them walked back towards everyone else. Alexis petted Seth as they walked. She kissed him on the top of the head.

"Let's go home." Carlisle said. Seth kneeled down and Alexis climbed onto him. Everyone started walking home. When they got home, Alexis got off Seth and turned back human. He took her hand and walked inside. Everyone said goodbye to the other covens. Alexis sat on the couch with Seth.

"I love you." Seth said.

"I love you too." Alexis said. Seth leaned in, kissing Alexis and Alexis kissed him back.