Chapter 15

One afternoon, Alexis was sitting in the living room, watching tv while eating lunch. It was summer and Alexis couldn't wait to spend every day with Seth. As a matter of fact, they have a date tonight and Alexis was so excited. It was their first real date without them having to sneak around their families. Everyone had stopped giving Seth a hard time and actually thought of him as a friend, especially after he helped them deal with Victoria and the newborn army. The rest of the family came into the room. Alexis thought it was a little suspicious.

"What's going on!" She asked. "Why did you all come into the living room?"

"Edward has something he wants to tell us." Esme said. Just then, Edward and Bella came into the room.

"We have an announcement." Edward said. "Bella and I are getting married. They all looked surprised.

"Congratulations." Alice said, going over to them and hugging them.

"I'm happy for you guys." Alexis said, doing the same.

"Thanks guys." Bella said, hugging them both. The rest of the family hugged and congratulated them.

"When is it?" Esme asked.

"We were thinking August 13th." Edward said.

"I'll plan everything." Alice said. "All you two have to do is walk down the aisle."

"I'll help." Alexis said.

"Great." Alice said. Bella and Edward walked out of the room. Alexis looked at the time and saw that she had two hours before her date with Seth.

"Can you guys help me get ready for my date, please?" She asked Rosalie and Alice.

"Sure." Rosalie said.

"Great." Alexis said. "I'm going to take a shower and then I'll be ready for you guys to help me."

"Sounds good." Alice said. Alexis went upstairs and got in the shower. When she got out, she wrapped a towel around her and walked out of the bathroom. She saw Alice and Rosalie already waiting in her room.

"This would look cute on you." Alice said, holding up a blue polka dot sundress and a pair of sandals.

"Ok." Alexis said. She changed into the dress and Rosalie and Alice sat her in front of the mirror. Alice did her makeup while Rosalie did her hair.

"Where are you guys going?" Alice asked.

"We're meeting at the diner by the treaty line." Alexis answered.

"Nice." Rosalie said. When they finished, Alexis looked in the mirror. Alice had put some light makeup on her. She put on some mascara, blush, and lip gloss. Rosalie had given Alexis some wavy curls to her hair.

"What do you think?" Alice asked.

"I love it." Alexis said, looking at herself in the mirror. "Thank you guys."

"You're welcome." Rosalie said. Alexis grabbed her purse and headed downstairs. Her father gave her a ride to the diner, even though it wasn't far from their house.

"Thanks Dad." Alexis said, getting out of the car.

"Bye sweetie. Have fun." Carlisle said. "Call me if you need a ride home."

"I will." Alexis said. She closed the car and watched her father drive off. She walked towards the diner and saw Seth already there, sitting at a table. She walked inside and went over to him. "Hey." She said, sitting down.

"Hey." Seth said. "Wow. You look great."

"Thanks. You look good too." Alexis said. A waitress came over to take their order. Alexis ordered a ham and cheese sandwich with fries and a Coke. Seth ordered a burger with fries and a Coke.

"So, how have you've been?" Seth asked.

"I've been good." Alexis answered. "You?"

"It's been a little rough since my father died, but doing ok." Seth said.

"Oh yeah. How are you guys holding up?" Alexis asked.

"We're getting through it." Seth said. Just then, the waitress came over with their food. Alexis saw how huge Seth's burger was.

"Wow, that's a big burger." She teased.

"Well, I am a werewolf." Seth said. Alexis giggled.

"I know. I'm just teasing you." She said. Seth chuckled. "Oh guess what." Alexis said, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"What?" Seth asked.

"Bella and Edward are getting married." Alexis said.

"Really!" Seth said. "That's wonderful."

"I know." Alexis agreed. They continued to eat their dinner. When they finished, Seth payed for their meals, they walked outside and went over to an ice cream parlor next to the diner. Alexis got cookies n cream and Seth got rocky road. They walked out of the ice cream parlor.

"I'll walk you home." Seth said.

"Ok." Alexis said. They walked in the direction of her house.

"So, when's the wedding?" Seth asked.

"August 13th." Alexis said. "Me and Alice are planning it."

"Am I invited?" Seth asked.

"Of course you are." Alexis said.

"Cool." Seth said. They continued to walk and eat their ice cream. After a while, Seth spoke.

"Alexis, can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Of course, Seth. You can ask me anything." Alexis said.

"I know we haven't really been together with us sneaking around a lot and your family just now liking me, but I really like you." Seth said. "And I was wondering if you would want to be my girlfriend." He looked at her to see what she would say.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend." Alexis said.

"Really?" Seth asked.

"Yes." Alexis said. They got to Alexis's house. "I had a wonderful time." Alexis said.

"Me too." said Seth. They stood there for a moment and then, Seth leaned in and kissed Alexis. She kissed him back. "I'll see you later." He said, after they pulled apart.

"See you later." Alexis said. She watched him walk off and then went inside.

"How was it?" Alice asked.

"It was fine." Alexis said.

"We want to know the details." Rosalie said. "Spill."

"Fine." Alexis said. "He asked me to be his girlfriend and then we kissed."

"What did you say?" Rosalie asked.

"I said yes." Alexis said.

"Ooh. This is so exciting." Alice said.

Alexis smiled. "Well, I'm going to head up to bed." She said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Rosalie and Alice said.

Alexis went up to her room and changed into her pj's. She got into bed and fell asleep, thinking about Seth and the wedding.