Chapter 9

Brooklyn POV

It was about an hour into the dinner, we had just finished salads and music was blasting. A couple of people were on the dance floor, including Bailey and Niall. Boy were they clingy tonight. I thought it was just a “Oh hey, you know my brother is having this wedding thing and you’re the only person I feel comfortable asking” typing of thing but it seems much more than that. 

“Don’t they seem very, I don’t know, together?” I asked Harry, who I sat next to. 

“Yeah, I was thinking the same thing” He said turning to me. “You think?” He asked. 

“Nah, Bails isn’t as good of a hider as I am.”

“Puhlease! You couldn’t keep you’re hands off of me those first two weeks. I’m sure, even if they didn’t hear us, you would give it away”

“Excuse me, Mr. Stalker?” I said, sarcastically. 

“Hey! Not fair! I thought we agreed to never talk about that again” He scolded. 

“Yeah, well, I didn’t have a better comeback so…” I trailed off. 

“Wanna dance?” He asked. 

“Surely” I said, placing my napkin, which lay properly on my lap, onto my chair and took Harry’s hand as we walked together onto the dance floor. The song ended just as I put my foot onto the wooden floor and the DJ started scratching, letting the next song slowly reveal itself. 

“Hey girl I’m waiting on ya” The seven of us exchanged glares before we were all making fools of ourselves on the dance floor. 

“TONIGHT LETS GONNA GET SOME!” We all shouted towards the chorus. 

About a half hour later, I decided it was time for me to start the speeches up. 

“Hello everyone!” I sung into the microphone. All the guests turned their chairs toward Bailey and I. “So we thought it was about time to just say a couple of words. Being the sister of the groom and best friends with the bride, this wedding means so much more to me than anything. Brett, you’ve always been so protective and loving towards me. Jaws would drop 50 feet when mom told people that we don’t fight. You’re more a best friend to me than anything else and I’m so happy that you found someone whose made you happy, even though she’s been right in front of you for 23 years.” I earned a laugh from my family and friends. “And Maddie. Where to begin. Through thick and thin, we’ve been at each others sides. Sharing the greatest of memories and doing the craziest of things. My life would be no where if it weren’t for you. You’ve been a sister to me since we were 3, and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to go through all the things we’ve been through together. I love you both so much!” I said raising my champagne glass. My sister said a few words, which no where near topped mine. 

It was just about closing time. The only people left were myself, the boys, my sister, Brett and Maddie and my parents along with Maddie’s parents. Of course the Tomlinson’s were there too. We all agreed we would sleep in the hotel, being that possibly we knew we would have drunken as much as we did. 

“Goodnight mom and dad!” I said, giving them both hugs. 

“Breakfast in the morning at the hotel’s restaurant at 11!” My dad informed me. I nodded my head. 

“Night Brettie! Night Mads!” I said, pulling them in for a tight hug. “Love you both” I kissed them both on the cheek before saying good night to everyone else and then taking Harry’s hand.

“You know who I haven’t seen for the past like fifteen minutes?” Harry asked with his eyebrows raised. 

“Who?” I asked completely confused at who he was talking about. 

“Bails and Niall” He said chuckling a bit. 

“Oh god” I said giggling. “Should we try and find them?” I asked with a convincing smile and tone. 

“YES!” He said taking my hand that weren’t holding my shoes and pulled me along. 

“Woah, woah, woah! I’m no track star! I cannot run that fast!” I said. He slowed down and we wandered through the whole hotel looking for them, but no such luck. 

“Well that was a waste of time” I complained. 

“Nah, it was fun” He smiled at me. 

“You’re right it was” I said kissing him on the cheek. “Shall we go to our room, Mr Styles?” I asked in a posh tone. 

“We shall, Ms. Jones” He returned, placing his arm out for me to link mine onto. I giggled and did just as he wanted. We waltzed to the front desk, asking if there was any place we could get candy or something for the night. 

“Just around the corner there is a vending machine.” A older man said, he didn’t look too happy to be there. 

“Thanks!” I said too obnoxiously. 

We walked around the corner and treated ourselves to a bag of Kettle Cooked Potato chips, Reeses cups, M&Ms;and Chex Mix. Don’t judge, we were hungry. Harry and I were startled by light giggling just as we were going into our rooms with our snacks. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. Instead of opening the door we followed the noise. 

“That’s definitely Bailey” I said, hearing it clearer. He nodded and in the processes of doing so, a loud cackle sounded. I stopped walking, startled by the loud laugh. 

“Niall” Harry said, before going into a laughing fit just as I did. We laughed it off for a while then realized what that meant. We looked at each other and then sprinted off to find them. 

“Well, well, well” Harry said, crossed armed as we stood in front of the room in which the ice machine was in. 

“Um” Bailey said as Niall stepped away from Bailey, who was sitting on the counter which was in the room. 

“Look what we have here” I said walking into the room. 

“Well” Niall started but then quickly finished. 

“And you choose the ice room to do this all? Don’t you think a room would have been sufficient?” Harry joked. 

“No, it’s not that we were doing that” Bailey said nervously, hopping off the counter. 

“Yeah, but the question is how long has this been going on?” I asked with a impatient look on my face. 

“Well…” Niall started. 

“A while” Bailey said. 

“And how long is a while, Bails?” I asked, getting annoyed. Not that she was with Niall, but the fact that she kept it from m..eh oh that’s what I did too…

“Well like a week or so” Niall said. 

“Alright, mate, we’re dating twins!” Harry said, high fiving Niall. 

“Excuse me?” Bailey and I said at the same time. Some people would look at each other with wide eyes if they were to say the same thing at the same time, but Bailey and I are used to it. I guess it’s a twin thing ;) 

“Love you babe!” Harry said running over and awkwardly lifting me off the ground. 

“Yeah yeah yeah, now put me down and lets leave these to ‘love birds’ alone” I said sarcastically. 

“Bye guys, see you in the morning!” Bailey said, sending me an apologetic smile. I returned with a forgiving smile and did a little wave before walking back to the room. 

“I knew that was going to happen eventually” Harry said, I nodded.