Number 9

"Uh, well, uh," Mackenzie speaks, but her mouth keeps opening and closing like a fish. Four Uchiha men standing there in regular, modern clothing. It's a fangirl's dream come true. "I'm... Is [Name] here?"

"No."

Sasuke tries to close the door, but Mackenzie wedges her foot between it. It hurts, but she's not letting these hunks get away from her so quickly. "Wait! Wait! I'm [Name's] friend, she asked me to come over."

She tries to convince them, but they won't trust anybody except [Name]. They assume she's trying to scam them into letting her inside. She can tell by their glares that she won't set foot in this house unless she defeats them first.

Sasuke growls, trying to unwedge her foot. "Move your foot, or I'll break it!"

Mackenzie protests again, slipping her arm through the crack and grabbing hold of Sasuke's arm. "Wait! Seriously, I'm-"

Madara growls and opens the door, causing her to fall back on to the steps of the porch. "Leave or be killed, harlot."

Mackenzie shrieks upon seeing his eyes flash red and scurries back to her car. She fumbles with the keys before unlocking her door. As she sits in the front seat, she watches the front door slam close. Their imposing figures no longer silhouetted in the doorway.

[Name] wasn't joking. She does have anime boys in her house.

...

[Name] slugs through the crowd on the bus and steps off at her stop. Her feet hurt, and her eyes are strained. She's so tired and so hungry, but instead of focusing on herself, she thinks about the boys at home. She wonders if that managed without her, or if they completely destroyed the house. She's hoping for the former rather than the latter.

When [Name] gets to her doorstep, the door flings open, and all four males yank her inside. They embrace her, and her face smushs into various chests and biceps. It's heavenly but too much for her weary brain.

"Are you okay?"

"There was someone out there!"

"I'm so glad you're home."

"We cooked, so you wash the dishes."

Their voices all turn to gibberish once they reach [Name's] ears. She just buries her face into the warmest of the four, and latches on to them.

"Um, [Name]?" Itachi mumbles as the rest pull away.

"Tired," she grumbles. "Bed, please."

Itachi enjoys the hug and tries his hardest not to smile. The rest of his family isn't amused (and a bit jealous).

Madara rips her from Itachi and shakes her. Her head bobbles.

"There was a woman. She said she was your friend. Do we need to keep her away from this house or-"

"Mackenzie?" [Name] perks up, all her tiredness gone within seconds. "She's here?"

"Mackenzie," Madara grumbles. "Is that the harlot's name?"

To Madara's-and, everyone else's for that matter- surprise, [Name] raises her hand and smacks him. It doesn't hurt him, but he clenches his jaw nonetheless.

"Don't say that about her! She's a good woman!" She pulls away from his touch and returns to the outside. "Where did she go? I know you fuckers scared her off."

[Name] spots Mackenzie's car parked on the street and jogs to it. Mackenzie seems to stare off into space as if she has an existential crisis. To snap her out of it, [Name] raps on the window, scaring her best friend back into reality. Upon seeing her best friend, Mackenzie sighs with relief.

With haste, Mackenzie opens the car door and embraces her friend. "What the heck is going on?!"

[Name] chuckles and pats her back. "So, you've met the boys."

"They're... They're real? Not cosplayers, but actually real people," her voice is low, shaking with newfound fear. "When did they get here?"

"A couple of days ago," [Name] says. "Come on. We can talk more inside."

...

[Name] makes tea and offers it to Mackenzie in an attempt to calm her nerves. All six of them sit in the living room. The girls on the couch, and the four boys spread across the room, seated in various places.

Once her initial shock wears off, she becomes excited and a little shy around the handsome bunch. Naturally, Mackenzie gravitates towards her favorite-Shisui; since she has a thing for guys with curly hair-, but makes sure she brings [Name] along with as a human shield.

Shisui doesn't act like his usual self. He's standoffish, hardly smiles, and steps back whenever he feels like Mackenzie scoots too close to him. But he understands that this predicament is a curious one. She probably wants to know how he got here, too, and according to [Name], Mackenzie is a Naruto expert. She knows everything about the show, right down to their favorite foods and hobbies.

"We apologize, Mackenzie, for kicking you out," Shisui says. "We did not mean to hurt you."

"Speak for yourself!" Madara barks out from across the room. "She's still a ha-"

"If you say that word, you'll be sleeping with the dogs," [Name] warns. The two glared at each other for what seems like an eternity, and to [Name's] surprise and delight, Madara backs down first. He huffs, throws his arms over his chest and turns away.

Unknown to her, it's his way of showing his respect and admiration.

"It's okay, really," Mackenzie speaks. "I just can't believe you're real. Like, really real."

She lifts her hand and pokes Shisui's cheek. The man frowns and gently swipes away her hand.

"Please don't do that, it's rude."

Before Mackenzie can apologize, [Name] scoffs. "Oh please, she's having an existential crisis. Get over yourself. By touching you, she at least knows she isn't going crazy."

Shisui changes his entire demeanor and blushes. "Of course. Sorry, [Name]."

Mackenzie notices this change, but [Name] doesn't. Being the number Naruto fan, Mackenzie picks up on the Uchihas's abnormal behavior.

Shisui is less serious and warmer to [Name]. Itachi is touchy, almost seeming touch-starved. Sasuke, although he has his mood swings, he's kinder. And Madara, well, he's submissive-in his own way of course.

It's like they're...

"Welp!" [Name] calls out, throwing her hands up. "We have another person, so someone is sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Is she really staying?" Sasuke grumbles.

"Yes, she's actually really far from home," she explains with a mocking smile.

"Why don't they share beds?" Mackenzie asks, and [Name] rolls her eyes.

"We've been over this topic before, yesterday, to be exact. They refuse to sleep next to one another," [Name] turns towards the boys, hands on her hips. "Who's gonna volunteer? Cause if I sleep on the couch, one of you will have to sleep next to Mackenzie."

They all shift uncomfortably at the mention of the other woman. None of them want to step up and take the couch, but none of them also want to sleep next to Mackenzie. For them, sleeping next to another woman will send the wrong signals to [Name].

Sasuke raises his hand, refusing to make eye contact. "I'll sleep on the couch."

[Name] smiles, grateful for his sacrifice. "Thank you, Sasuke. I'll bring you some blankets and a proper pillow."

Sasuke nods and drops his hand.

Tonight will be a difficult night.

...

A/N: I feel like Sasuke and Shisui aren't getting a lot of love. Who would you like to see getting some lovin' from MC next chapter?