Number 28

There's not much [Name] can do. She wants to build romance between her and the boys, but lately, it's just been sex. She has tried having one-on-one special dinners, but each of them is so jealous that they ruin it without a second thought. They'll apologize later, but she knows they don't mean it. However, she still can't trust any of them outside; well, more like she can't handle all their different attitudes out in public all at once.

Despite how happy they make her daily, she finds herself moping more. Is it too much to ask for a little bit more sweetness in the spice they offer her? Is it selfish to ask for it? Honestly, she feels as though she's pushing the selfish button already by having four men doting on her at all times. But is it really that selfish?

"Does [Name] seem down?" Itachi asks, watching her trim the backyard bushes with Sasuke. The roses are in full bloom and need a bit of pruning. [Name] won't allow her mother's flower bushes to die, so she puts Sasuke on yard duty for the week. 

Shisui cocks his head, humming to himself. "A little. I did hear her whine to Mackenzie that she wanted us to be more romantic last night."

Itachi glances at his cousin, slightly appalled. "You listen in on her conversations?"

Shisui gives him a cheeky smile. "Just trying to listen in and make sure my darling girl isn't self-pleasing again. She has me!"

"Pervert," Itachi scoffs as if he didn't have [Name] biting the pillows and crying last night.

"Whatever it takes to be [Name's] number one!" Shisui nearly skips outside, with his cousin shaking his head disapprovingly. "[Name]! I've made you some refreshments! Come inside, darling. You've been working so hard!"

In fairness, [Name] hasn't really lifted a finger to do anything. Sasuke has done all the work; the scowl on his face is proof. But the idea of having some food in her belly has gotten her thinking she deserves it. 

"What did you make?" She asks, coming up the stairs of the sheltered porch, a sparkle in her eyes.

"That milk tea you're always raving about," he answers through the screen door. "Oh! And some fresh baked cookies."

"Ah! My favorite!" [Name] squeals, giddy that at least one person is attentive to her interests. It's Sasuke's irritated growl that snaps her from the lovey-dovey eyes Shisui's giving her. "W-Well, um, can you bring it outside? We still have work to do."

"Of course, my dove!"

[Name] returns to Sasuke as he angrily snips at the rose bushes. She smiles at him. "You look adorable in my mom's sunhat." 

"Shut up and drink your milk tea," Sasuke huffs, full of jealousy. At that moment, Shisui comes outside with a tray lined with cookies and sliced fruit, and of course, her glass full of milk tea. He places it on the porch table. [Name], full of mirth, bounds right back up the stairs to grab her glass of milk tea.

"You're so good to me." [Name] takes a slice of melon and bites it. Compared to the others, Shisui is the most doting. Always helping with chores, always preparing her lunches for her, and keeping her laughing when all she wants to do is sit around and sulk.

Shisui leans his cheek in, expecting a kiss, which he gets. Then he skips off merrily.

"You're falling for his tricks again," Sasuke comments once Shisui is out of eyesight. "He wants something out of you. He's always scheming."

[Name] huffs from atop the porch. "Well, his scheming always makes me happy, so I don't mind."

She sits in a lawn chair, soaking in the sun and smelling the sweet scent of hydrangeas and roses. She closes her eyes, enjoying the sound of her little gardener boy snipping and grumbling away. "Hmm. Maybe I should have you mow the lawn next."