15. Coincidence

I looked at 6 packages of pocky, 4 bags of chips, 1 liter chocolate milk box, 10 packs of my favorite peanut butter biscuits then grinning like an idiot as I pictured how I would enjoy all of them tonight while watching Elite on Netflix.

"It's 10.000 Won." a the cashier lady, probably same age as me smiles.

"Oh, okay." I gave her my card and process the payment. I could see the raindrop through the glass door, it's drizzling outside and I don't know when it started.

"Thank you, please come again next time." she gave me back my card and smiled politely which I returned her favor by nodding at her, smiling big time.

"You're welcome." I nodded at her then take my reusable bag to carry all of my stuff, obviously can't wait to go back at hotel and munch all those snacks.

Few steps later I succeed making an exit from the store and thinking to wait more few minutes until the rain stop, the distance from the store to hotel wasn't far, it's only one block and probably only takes 5 minutes walk.

I was tempted to eat one of  biscuits while waiting, maybe one package would be nice company. But when I was about to rummage what's inside my bag, I heard something drop then some of plastic bottle of yogurts were rolling on the floor and stopped as it hit the tip of my shoe.

As my spontaneous reaction, I quickly bent down to pick the bottles and turned out It was my favorite yogurt brand.

"This is the best yogurt." I mumbled as I hand them back to the woman whom I assumed was the owner of the bottles since she was busy bending down as well, picking up her things.

"It's delicious right? The best among the other brands." she exclaimed with a hint of enthusiasm.

I was stunned for seconds. I guess I did say it loud, leaving me nothing but deep shade red on my cheeks out of embarrassment.

"Thank you  for helping me.." she added while I keep staring at her. It was rude, I know but praise the Lord because she didn't scold me. 

She wasn't Korean if I could describe her. Brunette hair with probably 5'6 feet tall, which was taller than me, obviously. She probably in her late forty, middle age woman but still looks beautiful, her hazel eyes were noticeable along with her long lashes. I know it's rude to keep looking at her, but I just can't stop staring.

"No worries." I finally said, offering her my best awkward smile.

"I'm Lilia, by the way.." She smiled genuinely, the kind of smile that is not because someone being polite to you, it's heartwarming smile. 

I shook her hand as she extended out hers, offering a handshake.

"Nice to meet you..?" She looked at me eagerly, giving me hint that she was asking me for my name.

"Charlie." I said, "It's Charlie, Ma'am."

"That's a cute name." She commented, so friendly that suddenly I miss my mom back at home.

"Thank you." I didn't know why I feel shy as I look at her. Her eyes reminding me of someone but I couldn't pull out any name.

"You're so nice and polite. I wish I could persuade you to call me Mom than Ma'am." she chuckled, "I've always want a daughter, at least one."

"She'll look pretty just like you." I replied, not for politeness but it's the truth. I wonder what her family looks like because she indeed as if she comes out from fashion magazine.