8. Sweetener

"You've been so busy lately." Dean's scolded me right away when I answered his call in one ring.

"Hi, I'm good. Thank you for asking me." I said sweetly. He really needs to stop being grumpy, not that I'm complaining. But at least he could say hi before grumbling like a baby.

"Sorry, I just miss you." He confessed.

I swear my heart flipped for a moment.

Dean and affection are never be compatible word. They just don't get along side by side. But one thing that I noticed the most for three weeks after his confession (the one that still make me in pain whenever I remember it) was he became more caring than usual, more compassionate than he used to, or if I'm not mistaken we grew more closer than ever but I hardly could name it because I was too scared to find out the truth between us.

No expectations as its best.

"Excuse me? Who are you? Where's the 'I don't give a fuck attitude a.k.a Dean that I know?" I joked, clearly caught of guard of his weird mood.

Instead of making witty comments, he ignored my confrontation.

"Do you need me to pick you up from train station?" He offered, still sounds calmly and reserved.

Hmm, changing the subject smoothly. I see..

Jay Park's concert in Seoul finally happen in two more days, me and Kyunghee planned to go there by train. Incheon is approximately an hour away from Seoul, plus both of us have known Seoul since we were in college, so wandering around Seoul it's not a big deal.

To my addition of happiness, yesterday he told me that Human Resources Department in his company finally grants him to get three days off start from tomorrow, which was great. It means that we could meet each other before or after Jay Park's concert.

"You don't need to, I'm with Kyunghee, remember? We could grab an uber to go to the hotel." I explained, hoping that he didn't assume it as rejection.

Because Dean and his damn high pride.

"Are you sure?" He sounded unsure himself.

"I'm sure, I'll let you know if I need help." I confirmed.

"Promise?" He demanded.

"Aww, you're so sweet and sound like my dad.." I joked, though I swear my heart swell in happiness because he's being too much sweet. I feel like I'm going to get diabetes by it.

"Whatever." I bet he's rolling his eyes when that word came out from his lips.

"Okay, dad." I added.

Dean couldn't hide his silly laugh before he replied, "Okay, kiddo. See you in less than 36 hours."

I really can't wait!

-----

Be safe, kiddo.

I grinned like an idiot to Dean's message.

I was on my way to Seoul with Kyunghee, finally!! I knew it's cheesy, but one thing that I really excited about was meeting Dean than Jay Park's concert itself. After almost five months known each other through exchanging messages, countless phone and video call, now less than twenty four hours I would meet him in real, face to face. 

It's finally happening!

Does his hair really soft like its look on the camera?
How tall I am when I stand beside him?
Will my height reach his shoulder?
Will his laugh sounds more rich in real?
What will he think of me when he first meet me?
Will he find me attractive?
Will he still want to know me after this meeting?