29. Dean's Story

"Fancy to see you here.." the girl spoke again and I couldn't restrain myself to not whip my head on her direction. Who is she? What's her relationship with Dean? I know it's not my business and I had nothing to do with it but still, I'm dying in my curiosity. 

Dean didn't even bother to answer, the tension between all of us so nerve wrecking. I could feel how angry Dean through his hand,  but he still to manage to not gripping my hand, instead he calmed himself with caressed his thumb on my hand. 

She was standing there, tall and look beautiful. Could it be Dean's ex girlfriend? I could tell why Dean loves her, she's everything that a man could ask for. Did they end it badly? Is there anything that they should've settled? Did Dean do something bad to her? I wonder how bad it was?

Dean never changed, doesn't he?
Or it's just my biased perspective?
Unconsciously hoping that he wasn't the bad guy..
Did he hurt her more than what he did to me?
I was secretly feel sorry for her until she opened her mouth.

"This is the girl you're all about?" she glared at me and I can feel her resentment through her eyes.

What was that even mean? She thinks she's better than me? And Dean could do actually better than dating a girl like me? Girls shouldn't bring each other down, but knowing that she actually see me as an enemy makes me lost my respect.

She tried to provoke me but I knew better than making fuss in public, it will just embarrassing myself.

Dean intertwined his hand and mine, ready to leave. "I have nothing to talk with you, we're over and you know that."

Dean probably looks like an asshole which I admit it so, but when I heard this girl talk and how her attitude shows what kind of bitch she was. I've been left so many times by my exes, but never been in my life I confront them on why they left. Because, that's how big girl should act, we don't ask people to stay. They will stay because they want to, not because we're begging them to do so. I would have give her respect if she didn't act like that, talking and looking down on me so Dean would choose her over me.

"Dean this is not you, look at her.. she's not even your type."  she gestured at me as if I'm such a strange living thing and that's rude.

Dean pulled me to hide behind him, blocking me from this Krystal girl. Just what on earth she will probably do to me if Dean didn't stand in her way?

"Shut up, Krystal. She has nothing to do with you, don't even go there."  Dean didn't raise his voice, but he still sound threatening. I can't help but analyze this situation, this girl was never in love with Dean. She wouldn't say something rude like that if she's still in love with Dean, it's either crying or she just turn away when she realized Dean with another girl. Instead she chose to attack me, she's jealous because Dean no longer attached to her.

"I can't believe you're over me just like that, you always come back at me." those words proudly rolled out of her tongue and I've had it enough.

"You didn't even love Dean."  I stepped forward, Dean was still holding my hand and somehow it added my confidence, "you just love that he was obsessed with you."  I pointed the fact, I'm a girl too, I know the difference of jealousy. 

I glared back at her then her face became red, honestly I feel scared, what if she hit me. She looks like she will do anything to get what she wants.

"What?!" I'm sure her eyes will fall out to the floor if she kept looking at me like that.

"You're disappointed because he doesn't follow you like a lost puppy anymore." Dean squeezed my hand, giving me signal to calm down. But I wouldn't let her throws any mean comment on me.

"You broke up with him months ago, it's over and you know it too. So, if you don't have anything to say. Please move aside."  I dragged Dean who probably confused as hell, wondering where did I get the courage to say that. 

We left her in speechless and I was so furious, first because I've lost my interest to buy comics. Half of me felt so jealous because that girl, though Dean made it clear they're already over. 

Why would I feel jealous though? Dean isn't my boyfriend!
But he loves you? Ha! After this happen, you still believe that he loves you?
What if you ended up like Krystal? 

 "Charlie.." Dean's voice calling me back to reality. 

"Charlie..." he called me again and I lost it.

"Don't talk to me right now." I hissed, "I just want to go to quiet place."  I wanted to scream at Dean and hate him for the rest of my life but I know I wouldn't even have heart to do it. I avoided his gaze because I know I would breakdown in tears.

"Okay, let's go to the quiet place." he said as he took the lead and I let him be, I couldn't even walk straight cause my messed up mind.

----

"I'm so sorry..." he break the silence between us, we were inside Dean's car at parking lot. I refused to look at him instead I look out of the window. 

"Charlie, I'm actually feel ashamed of what has happened.." he began, taking deep breathe before continue, "and I don't even have heart to ask for your understanding, more over a forgiveness.. I understand if you no longer wanted to meet me--"

"Don't ever talk and meet her again." I cut him, just then I realized that I have no right to say something like that. I lowered my gaze to my hands, playing with them, "I mean, I know I'm not in the position to tell you what to do.. It's just.. I'm angry." 

"I swear I will never do that, today was coincidence. I swear, Charlie.. I never contact her since we break up."

"You will stop to meet me after this?" I asked, I didn't know what I want anymore. Dean stop bothering me was the only that I ever wanted, but now when he said he wouldn't appear in front of me, it's breaking my heart.

"What?"

Finally I looked at him, his confused eyes staring at me back. "You said you would understand if I no longer want to meet you.."

"That's true." he nodded and I feel like my heart just got stabbed,"but I didn't say I will stop to meet you, even if you don't want to, I will.. I will just looking at you from afar. At least I know you're okay.."

Dean left me speechless.

"Charlie, do you think I will give up on you? Regardless what's happening in the past and I admit it I was wrong, you know you're the only girl that I want to spend my time with. I'm done being stupid and asshole, I've learned from that. I told you I will wait for you, please take my words seriously.. You have hard time to trust me and I can relate on that, however I will prove you with my action." 

"I-- I don't know what to tell you, Dean.. Too much happening today and all of them make me confused."

"I know, take your time.. and thank you."

"For what?" 

"For defending me, I was so scared you might be upset and didn't want to hear my explanation. It means a lot for me, so thank you.." he smiled then reach his hand out to pat my head gently.