21. Competition

I'm changing my  mind, I'll tell Mitchell tomorrow that this game was actually fun. If I admit it now, he will be over vainglorious. To be honest we need a lot more people, the small forest was actually huge while we're only six people in total divided into two teams. Blue team; Mitchell, Gray and myself. While Read team; Jay, Minjung and you-know-who-and-I-don't-want-to-mention-it.

Mitchell volunteered to be the first defense, he said it's his kindness to make Gray feels like hero if he couldn't defend the Blue team. We communicate with walkie-talkie and when there's team member who failed in mission (get shoot) we will informed by this walkie-talkie this was my first game but I know I will love it.

I ran to small hill and went to hide comfortably. There's no sign from walkie-talkie and I was literally waiting with uneasy feeling for almost ten minutes then suddenly there's announcement that Jay is shot.

That's what probably Mitchell's deed.

I wanted to shoot someone, but in this current situation I'll just hide myself until this game ended.

"Charlie, you okay?" I heard someone calling me from the walki-talkie.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" It was Gray.

"Yes, I'm good. I'm hiding."

"Great, I'll be there in few minutes." Gray ended the call then another announcement came in, Minjung get shot and out from the game.

We will win!

"Charlie, Charlie?" Gray's voice sounded out of breath.

"Hey?"

"Tell me where you are." He sounded worried, was it because he really into this game? I could sense he's tense.

I looked around to identify where exactly I was, "I'm at hill, there's pond and you can see big Blue flag. I'm actually around 10 meters on left side of that flag behind the bush."

"Don't move anywhere, I'll find you." it sounded like a command than a statement.

"Gray?"

"Ican't find Mitchell."
he said, his voice was halting. He must be running here now.

"He didn't shoot Jay?" I asked, start questioning what's going on.

"No, It was me."

"Minjung?"

"That too."

Gray's impressive!  I smiled to myself.

I saw Gray run into me, "Grayyyy!" quickly I stood then waved at him because I'm excited that our team will win.

He didn't wave back at me but he's smiling, he looks really good with that uniform and the plastic paintball gun. I waited for him to come but his facial expression change into horror as he yelled in panic.

"Charlie!"

Everything happened too fast for me to even react, I watched Gray's tumble down in front of me. His grunt make me realize that he get shot, not in usual place.

"Gray.." I ran to check his condition, Gray's cheek splatter with red paint, someone's from Red team got him. Shit, that must be hurt! Who the damn guy shoot on the other's people cheek? Even if it's just paintball, but the paint bullet still could hurt you. Normal human will shoot at the chest or where the protector is used.

"Are you okay?" My hand move to his cheek then wipe the paint with the back of my hand gently, because I know the bullet ball will left a bruise on his cheek. He didn't answer, but winced in pain when I touch his cheek.