23. Between Men

"Hold yourself as much as you can."

Mitchell chuckled when Charlie tell him before he leave.

He never fight with Dean since they were kid, Dean wasn't a hot blood, he tends to keep everything by himself which inversely 180 degrees versus Mitchell. So if Mitchell hit him first, and Dean didn't hit him back, it will be no fun. But Dean holds a grudge, he always does.

The last time Dean had fight when they were back in US, when Mitchell was beaten up by five guys from Dean's class just because they couldn't get back at Dean so they wreak it to Mitchell who still on his teen. Five of them ended up went to jail and dropped out from school, they also terrified whenever they saw Dean, it's still a mystery.

As worried as the parents could be, they sent Dean and Mitchell back to Korea. Since then, both of them only have each other.

Mitchell back to where the paintball field, he and Dean already agree to talk there. But he stopped himself when he saw Dean with Gray, it's better to find out what they're talking about.

"Leave Charlie alone, Gray." Dean warned, both of already changed their clothes but both of their T shirt were crumpled. They might already grab each other collar few minutes ago.

"Dude, what's wrong with you? She's grown woman, she can do whatever she wants. And you're not her boyfriend though." poor Gray, he's the only one who didn't know what's going on here.

"You little shit." Dean clenched his jaw and few seconds later Gray punched Dean on the face, Dean was staggering a bit but quickly back on his feet again.

Gray grabbed Dean's collar, "You like her, huh?"

"None of your business." Dean pushed Gray away.

"You love her, you do." Gray snorted, "You know what? I don't care. I like her, whatever you have with her in the past. It's just a past, she deserves someone better than you anyway."

That words felt like knives stabbing Dean's chest over and over. Charlie deserves better than this, than him. But Dean would never let anyone come in the view, he will fight until his last straw. So what if there's so many guys who's better than him?

Dean couldn't hold himself anymore, he had restrain himself to not crush Gray since then, now is different; he took few steps and his taekwondo kick hit Gray right on the face.

"HYUNG!" Mitchell yelled as he realized Dean will knock Gray out, but too late.. Gray already fell down on the grass, unconscious.

"Are you crazy?!"Mitchell looked at angry Dean, feeling frustrated. He bent down to check up on Gray, thank God he's still breathing.

Dean stood still before he says, "Let's go to the hospital." 

----

Gray already get examined, he's good, no cracked skull. He will just get bruised in few weeks, and little dizzy when he wake up tomorrow. He doesn't have family here, so Mitchell will take care of him. Though Dean said he will do it, Mitchell was one hundred percent sure they will try to kill each other when Gray wake up.

No shit.

"Tell me everything." Mitchell demanded when both of them stood in front of Gray's hospital room.

"You already heard her story." it wasn't a question, it was more like his own conclusion.

"I did. And I want to know from your side. But as a disclaimer, I'm on Charlie's side."

"I am.."

"the asshole." Mitchell finished the sentence, but Dean didn't do anything to correct him.

"Is she okay?"

"Do you think?"

"No."

"Why are you even asking then."

"I just want to know her condition."

"Hyung, you know I really want to punch you right now, but I should be objective here. Tell everything in detail, I want to hear your version. And if there's something you deliberately missing out, I'm sure you will not see her anymore. I swear. Charlie is okay, it's Gray who's not okay and have you lost your mind? What the hell wrong with you?! You could kill him, Jesus!" Mitchell stressed out.

"How long have you been known Charlie?"

"Shouldn't it be my question to you and not the other way?"

"Just answer."

"Three years." Mitchell replied."She never mention your name. I was always wondering why she seems uncomfortable around you.. and how you can't stop glancing at her. We both know she's not your type, that's why I didn't suspect anything until this afternoon. I saw how you shoot Gray as if it was a real bullet, dammit. You're terrible person, you know that?" Mitchell looked at Dean. There was dry blood on the corner of his lips, it must be Gray's punch. His white T-shirt was crumpled and dirty with wet soil and grass stain.

"Well I--"

"Damn, hyung. Out of millions jerks out there why it has to be you? You're that guy, you're the asshole."

"I want to win her heart back." Dean confessed.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You know she has feeling for you yet you choose to leave and go MIA. And now you want to win her back? What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I know, I know! Goddamit I regret it, okay?!"  Dean's eyes were red, he was angry. Angry to himself, but it doesn't mean he will do nothing.

"You're right, I knew her through that stupid dating app. She was.. she was fun distraction. But I like someone else, someone who ignored my existence while Charlie.. she was there, always listens to me, appreciate me, kind to me, supportive, she always there whenever I need her. Until I realized I shouldn't act like that, that's why.."

"That's why you and your stupid brain decided to leave, making her questioning the whole situation." Mitchell chimed in.

"I finally managed to date her, at first I thought that was I actually needed. Charlie is just distraction--"

Mitchell grabbed Dean's collar in rage, "You--"

"BUT I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HER!"

"BULLSHIT!"

"EVEN IF I WANTED TO, EVEN IF I THOUGHT IT WAS STUPID TO FALL IN LOVE WITH GIRL THAT I ONLY MET ONCE."

"YOU FUCKING--" He was about to punch Dean but he stop in midway.

"I REGRET IT! I WANT HER! I LOVE CHARLIE, OKAY?!"

"Shut up." Mitchell letting go his grip on Dean's collar then take steps back, Dean was so dense, "I will tell her to stay away from you, don't even think about getting closer with her."

"Do you love her?" Dean wasn't in his right mind.

"Seriously--" Mitchell fist finally connected to Dean's jaw. "I am her best friend, did you know how she cried over and over thinking what she did to make you ignore her? Blaming herself for something that she never did, you make her feel unwanted. She thinks she wasn't good enough for you, that you deserve better. And now you accuse my protectiveness for her as romance?! Get your shit together!"

Dean didn't even avoid Mitchell's fist, nor that he want to hit him back. Whatever world says, how hard people against his will, he will do it anyway.

"I don't want to stop meeting her and I don't need your permission."  Dean stated coldly.

"I know."  Mitchell sighed then offered his hand to help Dean standing up, "just do your best to beg her forgiveness."