27. New Friend

"You're aware that stupid coat is only an excuse, right?" Dean opened the conversation once both of us succeed to make our exit from the venue, his hand still holds me tight and there's no sign he would let it go .

Should I pull my hand off now?

"Where are we going?" I asked, back to my sense. I didn't want him thinking that I give him second chance or whatever he called it. I agreed to exit the venue because it was awkward having him there and the doodle members were probably keep their eyes on me. I just don't know what to explain to them.

"Hospital." he replied then I stopped right away.

"Did you get hurt?" my mouth was stupidly faster than my brain.

Dean couldn't hide his smug grin, "I'm not, but thanks for asking. Really appreciate it."

Oh, God.. how I really want to wipe his toothy smile but I also don't want to see him sad.

"I want to make a confession." he suddenly looked so serious.

How many times he will make confession?

"Not that kind of confession.." he added as if he knew what I'm thinking about, "I mean, you've already know my feelings for you. It's confession about something else." his face didn't even look slightly red or embarrassed when he indirectly reminds me about his undying love. 

Let's just try to not get affected by that.

"What is it? Why we have to go to hospital?"

"To see Gray." he finally said and I gaped.

"You did something to him?" I covered my mouth, can't believe what I just heard. "Yes you did.."

"I can explain.." he quickly refuted.

"You did something bad to Gray so that's why AJ hit you?" I blinked, slightly stepped back from him.

"I-- uh-- actually... I kicked him." he looked so guilty now but I know he didn't feel that way when his damn leg touch Gray. Oh, poor Gray. Imagine how bad the kick that could send someone to the hospital, Dean's really losing his mind!

"Dean, you shouldn't have to do that far! You're crazy!" I hit him on the arm without a second thought.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Save your sorry, it's for Gray not me! Where's your car? I want to see Gray now."

-----

Dean told me everything when we're in the car, not even missing out the part that Mitchell actually hit him because Dean thought Mitchell has feeling for me. He was so jealous with any guys who looks close and familiar with me. This guy was insane! I didn't know that he would go hit his friend only for a girl, even did his taekwondo move to take his own friend down.

He said he slept on the hospital last night after we talked at the hotel, he wanted to check Gray's condition. Gray was fine and already wake up, they already talked and sort out their problem; which is me, obviously. Gray didn't ask me to see him, it's Dean idea. He wanted to be honest from the start with me, even if letting me meet with Gray will upset him, he still wants to do it because his pride of playing fair.

I can date Gray if I want but I will end up with him anyway at the end, that's what Dean said before I told him to shut up and drive us safely. This is so upsetting, he made me feel guilty on everything!

"Turn left, second room." he said then I ran to his guide direction as soon as the elevator opened. There's only four rooms on this floor and I was wondering why it has only few room until I saw silver placard on the second room; suite room. Dean must be really feel guilty so he brought Gray to this expensive hospital room, wasn't he?

"I'll be here if you need me." he said but I didn't bother to reply.

I will deal with him later, now I want to see Gray.

I knocked the door two times before get myself in. To be honest, this hospital room looks more like hotel room. I recognized Dean's black sweater from last night neatly folded on the couch, his black Balenciaga triple S trainer on the floor beside the couch, there was also black Supreme duffel bag which probably Gray's. I saw him brought that bag when we were playing paintball.

Three paper bags from Subway, six water bottles, big pack of Haribo gummy bear and other snacks were on the table. I found Gray was looking down at his phone when I reached the end of his bed.

He finally looked up from his phone then smiled when his eyes met mine, "Charlie?"

Gray's right cheek bone was bruised, it must be because the paintball. He has bigger cut on the right corner of his lips than Dean's. His jaw also looked slightly swollen, I'm sure that was Dean's kick effect.

"AJ brought you here?" 

I shook my head weakly then he looked at the door, we both could see Dean's side profile from the small glass which placed on the door.

"You're with Dean.." he said in stoic tone then beckoned me to come closer, so I take seat on the chair beside his bed.

"I'm sorry.." I began, not knowing what to say except apologize.

"For choosing him over me?" he chuckled.

"What- no."

"I don't have any chance, do I?" his eyes met mine and it makes me feel guilty for some reason.

"Gray..."

"I know, Charlie.." He gave me reassuring smile, "You probably need time to forgive him, but in the end you'll be back together."

Did he assume that Dean is my ex-boyfriend?

"Actually it's not like what you think."  I said, Gray needs to know what is really happening between all of us.

"What's I'm thinking about?" Gray talked back.

"There's nothing happen between me and Dean.." surprisingly felt proud with myself when I said that.

"You guys never dated each other?" Gray looked perplexed.

How I wished that happen, but now isn't anymore. "Never."

"Then why did he act like crazy ex-boyfriend?" Gray frowned,"Dean has never been angry about anything related to a girl before, he wasn't violent either. I can tell that he loves you, I've known him since college. And he's being ridiculous, don't you think?"

"He lost his mind."  I nodded in agreement. 

"He's late to realize that he loves you and you had crush on him.. wait no, you love him.." Gray's sentence feels like bucket of ice that pouring on my head. I couldn't say anything, I honestly don't know what I want from Dean. I didn't hate him but I don't want him back to my life.

"So it's true." he chuckled after long pause, "Well, I still want to be your friend even it's actually hurts that my crush on you have to stop so soon." he began, "I'm actually relieved that I know it sooner, before my feeling get deeper." 

I smiled at him, "You're really kind, you know? You have big heart..."

"I know, I don't want to be sore loser. Anytime you want to piss him off, I'm here to help." he grinned, "So.. friends?" he offered me handshake

"Friends." I was about to take his hand but his hand quickly move to my head then ruffle my hair.

"He's looking at us." Gray murmured, giving sweet smile that too sweet so I know he faked it.

"Laugh." he commanded, while keep patting my head gently.

"What?"

"Count to three, he will break in." he smirked. It wasn't up to three but I heard the door slamming.

"Charlie, let's go back!" Dean's voice fill the room, me and Gray just look at each other.

Gray suppressed his laugh and mouthing at me, "told you so."