28. It's a Date

"Why are you in hurry?" Gray looked annoyed but when he looked at me he playfully wink, he just want to piss off Dean. 

"You need rest." Dean said curtly while walking closer to the edge of Gray's bed.

"What a crap, Charlie is here.. I don't need rest." Gray looked at me adoringly, "You're so beautiful today."  I knew he does that because Dean was there so I secretly stick out my tongue on his words.

"She's always beautiful." Dean probably had it enough, because I felt his palms on my shoulder and moved me from my seat. "I'll see you tonight Gray, do you need something?"

"Nope, they have it all here.." Gray waved him off, feeling unbothered then talk to me in a really nice tone, "I'll see you tomorrow Charlie, AJ said he will visit me."

I nodded, "Sure, I will come back with AJ tomorrow." 

"Why do they  need to visit you? You'll go home tomorrow."  Dean threw Haribo package on Gray's lap.

"AJ & Charlie are my homie, they will help me discharge from this hospital."  Gray emphasized the homie words and I gave him thumb up.

"I'll be back later." Dean ignored Gray's statement, folding my thumb down with his big palm and guide me to walked out from the room. 

"See you tomorrow, Charlie~" Gray bid me goodbye cheerfully and I couldn't help but chuckling at his childishness. I'm already on Dean's escort and he's holding my hand so I can't wave a goodbye to Gray.

"Can you be nice to Gray? He's your friend." I reminded him when we're in the elevator.

"Not interested, I'll be nice with you only." He replied without hesitation.

----

Dean decided to take us for lunch, he took us to his favourite place when he was a teenager, comic cafe. This place looks so nice, they have room enough for 2-3 people to read and eat, even lie down to sleep for awhile, all the room has big window so we can enjoy the view while we're inside. Dean told me he spent mostly his time here to read comic book and sleep, he didn't go to internet cafe to play game because there's so loud and so many people, that time he wasn't fluent in Korean so he avoid to meet people. I just found out that he grew up in US and back to Korea with Mitchell when he was 16 years old, his mom sent him to Korea because he almost kill a guy who bullied Mitchell. Since that day, he promised his mom to stop taking taekwondo lesson. Still, he ended up sending his friend to hospital yesterday. 

I will take a moment to wish Gray's health and recovery.

We ate our favourite food, burger and french fries for Dean, waffle and ice cream for me. We talked about anything that day, how he obsessed over Kindaichi comic book while I did with Conan. I learnt that Dean grew slightly mischievous and rock headed which 180 degrees opposite of his older brother, I could remember how warm and reserved Dean's older brother when he greets me. Dean's gaze is sharp and intimidating, he rarely smiles too. I've never spent time with him more than one hour before, but today I could see his other sides. 

His eyes grew bigger when he's happy with his food, even humming by himself. He actually really nice guy, maybe just maybe.. I could be one of his acquintance, where we can spend time without getting mixed feeling.

After we finished eating, Dean read comic while laying down on his stomach. He sprawled on the wooden floor like a kid, handsome kid. Me on the other side, ended up drawing because I just find out that they give the visitor choices to read or drawing, so you can get sketch paper and crayons or pencil color according your preference. We both enjoy the silence while doing things we like, there's no awkwardness, we both in peaceful atmosphere.