30. Progress?

I felt a little bit disappointed when his palm left my head, facing back to his wheel's steer.

"Let's get you out from this place and go back to the hotel.." he said, taking off his snapback and put it on the dashboard. His fingers running on his hair few times and then he let out a long sigh, "this counted as a big fail date, isn't it?" He looked at me with apologetic eyes. His hair was little bit messy but it makes me want to touch them.

Before I could say anything, Dean comes with his own conclusions.

"Of course it is, I ruined my chance, the one and only." Then he chuckled bitterly.

"That could be happened to anyone.." I said, I wasn't sure that words supposed to comfort me or Dean.

"I know it supposed to be comforting, but I feel like shit even more.." Dean started the engine, "though I don't want to drop you back to the hotel this soon, but you need rest and take time to hate me even more because of this day.. my love life is in your hand, Charlie. And I'm not complaining.."

"She's pretty.." I blurted out. Remember how Krystal looks like in real life, and I don't like the fact the she and Dean looks good together.

"She is, but it doesn't mean I have to love her because she's pretty?"

"You did. You dated her and had crush on her for a long time if I'm not mistaken." I pointed that out loud, slightly annoyed.

"Well, shit. Yeah, damn I did. Can we not talk about it? I know exactly where my rank in your head now, the lowest." He sighed, "not even surprised if you ghosted me after you get back to the hotel, leave all my message on read."

"Just like what you did to me?" I asked, starting to enjoy making him feel cornered.

"Goshhh, right.. that's what I did, all the bad things. Thanks for reminding me, princess.. I need to stay on the ground and being humble."

I chuckled.

"You will visit Gray again tomorrow?" He suddenly asked.

"Yes, I will. Mitchell already promised to take me there tomorrow." I glanced at Dean, he's running his fingers on his hair, looked frustrated.

"If I were at the same position as Gray, will you visit me too?"

"I--"

"Don't answer it, I don't want to hear the truth. Just leave me with my own imagination." He shook his head and both of us back in silence until he drop me off at the hotel.

-----

"I'll call you tonight and every other night." He said when we reached the lobby.

"Okay.." I nodded, finding myself struggle to unfastened my seatbelt.

Dean noticed it and leaned over to me to help me, his left cheek come to the view as the gap between us is just few inches.

"There you go.." he finally succeeded to free myself and our eyes met at the same level.

"...."

"You can slap me, but I really want to kiss you.." He confessed while still looking at my eyes then slowly divert his gaze from my eyes to my lips. Scar on the corner of his lips slightly fade away but it's giving more charms on his lips.