The Lan Cultivator noticed the nearing end of the dízi as the figure's hands slowly finished their song.

"You know, venturing out at night is prohibited." Lan XiChen finally spoke out.

However, his voice startled the life out of the person as a high-pitched squeak erupted from the figure before they fell backward.

Eyes wide, Lan XiChen without hesitation, rushed to the falling figure. Arms reaching out and robes fluttering as a slender body fell into his arms.

Time seemingly slowed down the moment a pair of silvery-grey orbs met his soft, golden ones

Time seemingly slowed down the moment a pair of silvery-grey orbs met his soft, golden ones. But something else caught his attention as he gasped out. "Y-You're...you're a maiden?"

________________________

𝗠𝗮𝗼 𝗦𝗵𝗶

________________________

It was early in the morning at the Cloud Recesses, the time where the Lan disciples began their morning schedule

It was early in the morning at the Cloud Recesses, the time where the Lan disciples began their morning schedule. As well as a new year for young male and female cultivators to be taught under the Lan Elders in charge. Since the male studying and resting quarters are separated from the female's side, they have two teachers. For the males, there is a righteous and prestigious elder — Lan QiRen. Everyone in the cultivation world believed that three characteristics best described him: pedantic, stubborn and a strict teacher who produced outstanding students.

However, the two points often kept a lot of people at a respective distance to him, some even to the point of secret dislike, the last one made them try everything they could to send their children to study under him. Lan QiRen has brought up quite several excellent disciples of the Lan Sect. As long as they stayed a few years in his classroom, no matter how utterly useless they were when they first enrolled, they would at least seem to be decent when they depart, especially in terms of appearance and etiquette. There were plenty of parents who were so delighted that tears flowed down their cheeks when they picked up their sons.

With the female cultivators, they taught under the watchful eyes of Lan ChunLi's, one of the female seniors in Cloud Recesses, well-known for her cold facade and strict teaching but many admired her for her beauty and skills as a cultivator. Mothers who send their daughters to be taught by her are thrilled when their daughters are accepted into one of her classes.