Chapter - 15

The Scout' / by; Mike Hurley
Chapter 15
'The Ring'

Phantom's mom had never brought him so far from home. It was early & the suns morning rays lit his mothers pretty coat. She turned and looked at the valley, then licked his muzzle   & cleaned his eyes and ears one last time. Phantom was 6 months old, & she fussed over him, & sniffed him, then kissed him good by & left him all alone. It about broke her heart.

                               🌷🌷🌷

Amy smiled at Ty, her angry mood suddenly gone and filled with all things Ty Borden.
Their eyes staring longingly at each other. Ty waiting for her response; Amy in shock this amazing man actually wanted to marry her.
She could tell he was nervous, and very serious. Phantom was too!! The wolf-dog wanted this argument to end!!

She looked from his eyes, to his uniform, to the ring, then back to his eyes, then to his lips. Her heart always beat faster kissing Captain Tyler Borden. He was 100% pure Canadian male & parts of her body desired him.

Finally, after forever passed, she leaned down and passionately kissed Ty. Her soft hand felt his masculine beard stubble.  Her eyes lit up as she teased him; shouldn't a Marine shave before he wears dress blues??

Ty was dying. His heart broken, now asking for her hand......it was his last chance at life......
He was in no mood for levity.

Amy smiled at Ty & said; ......yes!! Yes, Tyler Borden I'll  marry you!! Of course I'll marry you!! I love you!!

Amy held her hand out & Ty slid his ring onto her finger. Where did you get this ring?! It's beautiful!! Elegant yet simple!! It was my grandmother's. My mother's mom's. I gave Jennifer my fathers moms. This one is yours!!
It's lovely Ty!! Oh, I love you so much!!

Amy giggled and hugged Phantom, her face touching his muzzle. He licked her nose & eyes and was so excited, he acted like a crazy little puppy. Phantom sensed how happy Amy & Ty were. He knew things were bad, real bad just a few minutes ago. But now it was better, and he was so relieved. As a dog and a wolf, he needed harmony in his pact!! Amy & Ty were his family.

Amy took Ty's hand and raised him up. She had never been this close to a Marine in dress blues. Her eyes took all of him in, from his black shoes that were shined like mirrors, to his thin waist, his broad chest and shoulders. He was way beyond handsome, his immaculate medals sending shivers through her. A simple emblem on his chest caught her eye: 'Marines'.......  that one word summarized him so well. Nothing would stop a Marine from carrying out his or her mission!!

She met his eyes and asked;........but why, after I've been so mean to you and said mean things.......

He smiled and said, because I love you Amy. I know you, and I hoped you didn't really mean all those things you said. After I figured out you we're scared about the Rebels, it all made sense. That damn letter terrified you!! I'm very sorry Amy.

Ty carried her downstairs and sat on the sofa with Amy on his lap, she was hugging him so tight she didn't want to let him go, her hand grabbing his collar in the back. They meant so much to each other. When?? Amy asked, when did you decide you wanted to marry me??
Ty looked at Phantom & said, just a few days after we met....  

Seriously??  Ty shook his head yes & said; I talked it over with Phantom & he liked the idea??
Amy kissed the big Wolff on the top of his head. He kissed & licked her chin. Phantom loved Amy.

I called your grandfather right before I asked you.......  Amy's mouth dropped open in shock. What did he say?! He said no!! Amy pretended to punch his chest, & yelled; Tyler Borden!! Tell me the truth!! That's an order, Marine!!