CHAPTER 44

Carlisia walked down the stairs without Annabella who had fallen asleep again after exciting herself too much, cancelling her trip with Carlisia. She had managed to find bags containing her belongings back in Gabriel’s room and luckily found her wallet. She could hear voices from the living room and went straight in.
The living room was packed with people watching TV or goofing around. The atmosphere looked extremely casual. Most of them noticed her and turned to her.
Saying ‘hey’, ‘how are you?’ or ‘Sup?’. Carlisia smiled at that.
“Can someone come to the mall with me. I need to do Christmas shopping and Gabriel is sort of busy…….” Carlisia trailed off and a girl stood up.
She was five foot ten and had jet black hair that reached her waist. A tattoo was peeking from the collar of her white shirt through which you could see her black bra. Her grunge attire looked out of season but she didn’t look much fazed by the weather. Her red lips looking impressive something Carlisia could never pull off.
“I’ll go with you. I was leaving for Christmas shopping until this idiot tackled me to watch a movie.” The girl said and Carlisia chuckled at her as the guy she was implying to raised his hands up in surrender.
“It was a good movie though.” He said in his defense and the girl rolled her eyes.
“And now I’m late and for that you are going to pack the presents with me.” The girl said and the guy groaned but before he could say anything she grabbed Carlisia’s hand walking her out.
“By the way my names Lucy and that was my mate Hanson.” The girl said and extended her hand which Carlisia noticed was also tattooed.
“Carlisia, but you already knew that.” Carlisia said and shook her hand and the girl chuckled.
“It’s nice to have you back Luna. I’ve heard a lot about you and was practically dying to meet you in person. Most of us have actually. We never got to meet you and then Carson attacked.” The girl said and trailed off. Carlisia’s face had gone passive at the mention of Carson.
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to-” Lucy begins to say and Carlisia stops her.
“There’s nothing to be sorry about. You haven’t said or done anything wrong. What happened just happened and there’s no denying it.” Carlisia said with a fake smile.
“You’re really strong, you know. We can tell you’ll be a great Luna.” Lucy said and Carlisia smiled.
They had reached the garage and Carlisia looked for her Acura.
“So for how many people you need to shop?” Lucy asked skipping behind her.
“Everyone.” Carlisia replied and Lucy looked at her baffled.
“Fifteen hundred pack members?” Lucy asked and Carlisia nodded.
“It would be rude not to get them anything. Besides I have the list.” Carlisia said taking out three pages containing Pack info and Lucy took them from her.
The members were categorized as
Infants – 14 years   Children
15 yrs – 29yrs    young adults
30 yrs onward      Adults
“400 children, 600 young adults and 500 adults. How do you plan on managing this.” Lucy said.
“Its simple. Goody bags for children, you know candies and a stuff toy. For young adults I was thinking i-pods and for the adults I am getting watches.” Carlisia said.
“How are you going to pay for that?” Lucy asked and Carlisia smirked at her stopping by her Acura.
“I can manage. Now hop in.” Carlisia said watching Lucy’s expression as she looked at the pricy car.
“Damn, you’re fine.” Lucy mumbled and Carlisia chuckled at that.

It had been eight straight hours and now the car was filled with presents for the pack members. She had gone with her initial layout for the presents but had gotten Ruben, Elijah, Gabriel and her uncle extra especial presents. She had even gotten something for her mother and Ben, who Gabriel had told were busy with their vacation and had no intentions for returning for Christmas, which Carlisia didn’t mind at all.
“Wow, you’re a heavy shopper.” Lucy said and Carlisia laughed.
“Yeah, but I avoid it. I hate shopping.” She replied and Lucy nodded.
They were now unloading the car moving back and forth.
Finally they were done and collapsed on the sofa, taking deep breaths.
Now was the difficult part, packing the presents.
Carlisia groaned and got to it.
She spent the next day’s helping everyone decorating the pack house. Gabriel had explained everyone that her uncle was coming for a visit and that they all were to behave but that was of no use because her uncle could not come because of the blizzard and had apologized like a thousand time for it.
Currently Carlisia anxiously sat on the dining room table waiting for everyone to come in. She was more than excited as today was Christmas and after breakfast everyone was going to open their presents.
 Carlisia looked out of the window and saw the massive Christmas tree decorated in the backyard. It was still extremely dark outside and the only source of light was from the illuminating tree that had delicate pieces hanging from it. it looked extremely gorgeous.
“Someone’s excited.” Gabriel said as he walked in the living room.
His hair was wet from the shower yet he still looked tired.
He had been working so hard. Carlisia doubted that he even slept because apparently she had been sleeping in his room and he never showed up.
“Come on it’s Christmas. Everyone is supposed to be excited.” Carlisia said and Gabriel looked at the empty dining room and then back at Carlisia.
“We are, but not enough to wake up at four in the morning.” Gabriel said and Carlisia shrugged.
“I can wait.” Carlisia said but Gabriel could sense she was hyper active and he in no way was going to leave her alone when everyone else was sleeping.
“Come on; let’s go out for a walk.” Gabriel said and Carlisia stood up enthusiastically.
Gabriel intertwined their fingers together and they both walked out of the back door and into the chilly outside atmosphere.
They both step down the few steps and begin walking on the gravel towards the gigantic Christmas tree, underneath which were many presents already.
“So what do you think of the pack so far?” Gabriel asked.
“Oh, everyone is lovely especially Lucy and her mate. They are so nice, and look cute together too. And the cooking lady is just marvelous I chat with her most of the time too.” Carlisia said and Gabriel laughed at her encounter with the cooking lady.
“Well, that’s nice to know you’re getting along with everyone.” Gabriel said and both of them stopped in front of the tree.
“It looks so beautiful.” Carlisia said and Gabriel nodded.
“Its tradition of our pack that on every Christmas each pack member hangs an ornament of their choice on the tree. It’s to make it especial.” Gabriel said and Carlisia nodded looking at the small but then something caught Carlisia’s eyes.
“What are those ones for?” Carlisia said pointing to the big transparent balls filled with glitter with something written on them. These weren’t ordinary ornaments.
“Those are special ornaments made by warlocks. Only members who have found their mates hang it with their signatures on it. On Christmas Eve they explode as a well wish to the couple.” Gabriel said and Carlisia nodded looking at them with curiosity then she remembered something.
“Have you hanged one?” Carlisia asked him finally turning around and Gabriel grinned at her.
“I was wondering we could do that together.” Gabriel said and retrieved a similar looking ball from his back with a sharpie in the other hand.
“That’s so sweet.” Carlisia said blushing and walked towards him taking the sharpie from his hands.
She signed the ball and then handed the sharpie to Gabriel who signed it.
“Come on, let’s hang it.” Carlisia said and Gabriel gave a soft laugh at her excitement. She had gone through hell the past few months but she ceased to acknowledge that and enjoy her time. It just proved her innocence.
Both of them went to the tree and Gabriel handed her the ball.
“You’re taller than me; I won’t be able to reach it.” Carlisia said.
“I think I have a solution for that.” Gabriel said and before Carlisia could acknowledge what was happening she was in Gabriel’s arms her feet no longer on the ground as he lifted her up.
Carlisia squealed before she began to laugh with Gabriel.
“There’s a hook at the right, hang it on that.” Gabriel said and Carlisia did as he said making sure the ball was secured.
Gabriel placed her back down and even fixed her hair as Carlisia looked at the ball hanging there. She sneaked a glance at Gabriel who had a longing look at his eyes making Carlisia blush more.
“Come on, since we have time, why don’t you open my present?” Gabriel said and Carlisia butterflies.
“Gabriel you didn’t have to, you have done more than enough-”Carlisia began to say and Gabriel cut her off.
“Nonsense Carlisia.” Gabriel said and went underneath a tree to retrieve a beautiful box. It was a big box and wrapped in a pretty wrapping paper with bow on top.
Carlisia looked at it then at Gabriel who came towards her and handed the box to her.
“Come on, open it.” Gabriel said and Carlisia sat down on the snow placing the box in front of her and gently removed the lid to find extremely soft cream colored cloth with copper beads.
Carlisia recognized it instantly without even unfolding it.
 “Oh my God.” Carlisia said awe struck as she looked at the dress which was worth nearly 9,000 dollars.
She looked at Gabriel who had a grin on his face.
“Good Lord! Gabriel, you didn’t have to get me something so expensive. Oh God!” Carlisia said freaking out and Gabriel laughed placing his hands on her shoulder.
“Calm down Carly. This isn’t even the present. I just wanted you to wear this tonight at the Christmas party.” Gabriel said and then retrieved a much smaller box.
“This is the present.” Gabriel said and Carlisia looked at it.
Carlisia looked at it for a while before Gabriel nudged her and she opened it, again shocked to find a beautiful diamond crusted necklace.
It was so fragile. Carlisia looked closely and saw that her name was written on it.
She looked at Gabriel and tackled him into a hug. He didn’t fall over and grabbed her just in time laughing.
“I see you like my presents?” Gabriel said and Carlisia nodded.
“Gabriel they are great but you didn’t have to waste your money on such expensive things. You’ve done so much for me already you didn’t have to do any of this.” Carlisia said and Gabriel shook his head.
“Carlisia I could get you the moon and still feel that you deserve something much bigger. These things mean nothing to me; your happiness is practically everything. I’ve waited for you for so long Carlisia and I just want to do you justice as my queen. I really love you Carlisia and I may not be able to give you much but I can promise you this that I will always love you.” Gabriel said and Carlisia looked at him.
Carlisia felt butterflies in her stomach as she looked at him. He looked at longingly and so sincerely. She couldn’t torture him like this when even she wanted him.
Gabriel was looked at her lips then back at her, before he leaned in.
“If you don’t want me just tell me and I’ll disappear. I’ll never bother you again.” Gabriel whispered only millimeters away from her lips.
She could hear Gabriel’s voice cracking at those words but Carlisia had already made her decision.
“I want you Gabriel.” Carlisia said and filled the space between them.
Gabriel couldn’t believe what was happening and fell back in the snow from shock but in seconds processed the sweet reality by the sensations flowing through his body.
He wrapped his arms around Carlisia and gently kissed her he could tell this was her first kiss because she didn’t know what to do but slowly began to follow his lead.
Gabriel flipped them over, his hands on either side of Carlisia’s head so he didn’t crush her while his mouth was on hers, kissing her gently yet hungrily.
After a few more seconds he pulled away so he could let the girl underneath him breath.
Gabriel looked at Carlisia who was breathing hard. She was already flushed because of the cold and when her eyes met his she began to blush profoundly making her look cuter.
“You look so cute when you blush.” Gabriel said and rolled beside her his hand on her waist.
“You look cute when you smile. You should do that more often.” Carlisia said and Gabriel laughed loudly.
“Whatever you say Carly.” Gabriel replied.

They both laid there on the snow covered ground hugging each other until the sun began to rise.
“Come on lets go in they should be awake by now.” Gabriel said and Carlisia nodded.
“Finally.” Carlisia muttered and Gabriel chuckled as they both went inside hand in hand and as expected almost everyone was awake.
Both of them went straight to the dining room.
“Merry Christmas!” Carlisia shouted and everyone hollered at that.
Breakfast went by quickly and now everyone was outside opening presents. Carlisia looked for Ruben and Elijah and saw them wearing matching sweaters helping the children.
“Awww how cute!” She said skipping to them.
“Don’t worry we got you one too.” Elijah said and handed Carlisia a shopping bag, not waiting for another moment she slipped the sweater on her shirt.
“Tadaa!” She said and Ruben laughed at her.
“Now we can all be a happy go lucky family!” Elijah said and both of them  draped their arms around Carlisia’s shoulder.
“Here’s your presents Carly.” Ruben said and handed her a big box and so did Elijah a much smaller box compared to Rubens.
“Thanks guys.” Carlisia said.
“No problem. Tell us what you think of it later.” Elijah said and Carlisia nodded.
She was going to open them later.
“Gabriel seems happy. He even smiling.” Elijah said and looked at Ruben with a mischievous grin which Ruben returned.
“Yeah Carlisia want to tell us about your exciting morning?”Ruben said and Carlisia abruptly stopped and blushed deep red.
“I win!” Ruben screamed at Elijah’s face.
“You win what?” Carlisia asked still blushing.
“Me and Elijah made a bet that you and Gabriel kissed and I knew I was going to win because I saw you guys in the morning so-” Ruben said and extended his arm out as Elijah cursed and slapped a twenty dollar bill at it.
“You two are despicable.” Carlisia said jokingly then grabbed their arms and dragged them to the living room which was practically empty.
“Stay here.” She said and ran to Annabella who was busy sucking a lollypop. Carlisia grabbed the little girl who squealed and ran back to the living room and handed her to Ruben.