CHAPTER 31

Carlisia walked out of her house with a disposable cup filled with ice cream she had found in the fridge while Gabriel got her suitcases, which she had insisted that she could carry herself.
The weather was windy making her hair blow as she looked at the sun set. She looked at the birds flying back to their nest when she finally looked at the forest.
It looked dark and mysterious like always but this time something was off about it. She could see movement inside and before another breath filled her lungs there stood a very familiar person no in front of her only a foot away.
“Hello darling.” Carson said and Carlisia dropped the ice cream just as Gabriel came out of the house holding her suitcases.
Carlisia looked back at Carson who smirked at her not moving but put his index finger on his lips.
Carlisia looked at Gabriel who smiled at her and went to the boot of the car as if Carson wasn’t standing in front of her.
“Carlisia you look a bit pale.” Gabriel says and Carlisia looks at Gabriel then back at Carson when suddenly she remembered the incident in the morning.
Maybe he couldn’t see him?
Her eyes widened and Carson gave her a warning glare forcing her to answer for the both of their safety.
“Yeah, I just remembered I forgot to bring my sports gear. Its in a bag under my bed. Do you mind?” She said and Gabriel smiled.
“Don’t worry.” He says and goes back into the house causing Carlisia to whip her head back in Carson’s direction in record time.
“H-how can I see you but he cant?” Carlisia asks shakily as she starts backing up until her back hits the car.
“That’s my little secret. After all a good magician never gives away his secrets right?” He said and starts laughing maniacally causing Carlisia to shake in fear.
“W-what do you want from me?” She whispered so Gabriel wont hear.
“I don’t want anything from you dear Carlisia, even though you are quite exotic. Its what  I want from Gabriel that matters.” He says tucking a strand of Carlisia’s hair behind her ear.
“What has he ever done to you?” Carlisia asks and Carson laughs right and when she tries to slide away he grabs her arm in a tight grip his nails lightly digging in causing Carlisia to clench her teeth from the pain.
“Why don’t you ask him? Your alpha mate keeps you quite in the dark. Ask him about Jason Valentine.” Carson says bitterly and with those words said his figure slowly turns into black smoke.
“Carlisia?” Gabriel asked and Carlisia quickly placed on a smile on her face turning around.
“Yes?” She asked but her voice was shaky.
“Why are you crying?” He asked skeptically and that’s when Carlisia became aware of the stickiness on her cheeks.
“Um.. Uh.. Its just nothing.” She said.
“Happy tears you know. I’m just so happy.” She added while folding her hands behind her back tightly clutching the sleeve of the sweater so no one saw the bruise.
“What are you so happy about?” He said roughly throwing the duffel bag in the back and slamming the door shut.
“That we’re friends.” Carlisia said in a heartbeat clenching her teeth as the throbbing in her hand increased and Gabriel sighed. He wasn’t an idiot.
“Thank you for that Carlisia but I would like to know the truth please.” Gabriel said trying to be gentle but his voice came out forced.
“I-I-I….I just remembered my uncle and just got a bit emotional. It’s honestly nothing.”She said nodding her head as gusts of wind blew.
Gabriel sighed. He knew something was up and it was eating him alive but he left it to it as without a word both of them got in but this time not driving towards the pack house.
“Where are we going?” Carlisia asked as she looked back.
“I thought id show you around a bit. We’ve got time besides you haven’t seen Fircrest at all.” He says taking a turn so they were now on a really cute street with small shops on both sides.
Gabriel slowly drove as Carlisia looked at either side with curiosity and amazement, watching people walk on the pavement, couples talking and most importantly the shops.
These people were free to move about because they were strong werewolves while she had to be accompanied at all times because she was weak.
This thought made her feel small but there was no commenting on it as she continued to look out at the streets.
She had never been anywhere but Sydney and compared to its busy lifestyle Carlisia found this get up extremely cute and more sane.
Soon the car slowed to a stop and Carlisia looked to Gabriel’s side to see a cute coffee shop.
She read the sign which was written in a really fancy writing,
Espresso 
She looked at Gabriel, who was already out of the car walking towards her side and in seconds the door opened and gust of cold winds blew on her bare legs.
“Come on.” He said softly and Carlisia nodded getting out even though she never usually did drink coffee, however she didn’t get the urge to mention that as he held her hand and led her to the entrance of the coffee shop.
His touch made her heart beat race and she didn’t even know why as they sat at the corner on a comfortable set of sofa’s facing each other.
The coffee shop was warm and comfortable making Carlisia warm up to her surroundings even though there wasn’t a single soul in sight. There was faint music in the background as both of them went to a table for two at the far corner.
“So what do you think?” Gabriel asked her bringing her attention to him.
“Sorry?” She asked confused causing Gabriel to chuckle at her cuteness.
“You looked at this place so curiously. I couldn’t help but wonder.” He said and Carlisia smiled.
“Its cute, peaceful and extremely sane. Back at Sydney you don’t get this kind of stuff. The good stuff you know. You can’t go to a party back there without seeing someone strip naked.” She says and Gabriel laughs at her comment.
“Well you won’t have to worry about naked people here at least.” He says jokingly and Carlisia mutters a thank god, when Carlisia quickly remembers something.
“Ummm… So I was wondering if you don’t mind giving me my cell phone back? I mean there’s nothing wrong with that right?” Carlisia asked sheepishly and Gabriel shrugs before reaching into his jeans pocket and took out the white i-phone out causing Carlisia’s face to light up.
“Thank you!” She said as she quickly reached for it in a haze and clutched it to her chest happily as cold air nipped on her bare arm as the oversized sleeve had rolled up.
“What happened to your arm Carly?” She heard Gabriel’s stern voice bringing her back to reality and that’s when she saw the vicious bruise on her arm and realized her mistake.
“It’s nothing honestly.”She muttered under her breath as she quickly rolled her sleeve down and gave an uncomfortable smile to Gabriel who looked angry.
“Carlisia. Don’t test me. Who did that to you?” He asked calmly making him look more dangerous.
“Carson did.” She replied and looked away.
“When?” He inquired.
“In the garage, when you went to get my stuff.” Carlisia replied and Gabriel looked confused.
“Was that why you were crying?”Gabriel asked and she nodded.
“But hat cant be possible. I would have seen him. I would have sensed him.” He says looking at Carlisia.
“What if you cant. What if any of you cant? He was there standing right beside me when you came out but you couldn’t see him and earlier at lunch when I saw a figure you couldn’t find him then too.”Carlisia says and Gabriel shook his head he was confused.
That can’t be possible could it?
“What else did he say to you?” Gabriel asked urgently but Carlisia didn’t answer and asked the one question he never wanted to answer,
“Whose Jason Valentine?”