CHAPTER 42

Gabriel paced around looking at his watch waiting for Elijah to bring the bloody vampire while the warlock set candles around some sort of ashes.
“They’re here!” Ruben said as he spotted his brother carrying the vampire over his shoulder.
“Give the vampire to me.” The warlock said and Elijah threw the vampire by his feet and massaged his neck.
“Damn he’s heavy.” Elijah said as Ruben came to him and patted his shoulder.
Gabriel made his way to the warlock and watched as he took out a knife and grabbed the vampires arm, slitting its wrist open. He placed the vampires hand over the ashes so the blood fell on them. As soon as the blood fell, smoke began to rise from the ashes.
The warlock began chanting some sort of un-understandable words and slowly began to rise up, his hands out stretched.
But what drew Gabriel’s attention was scene beyond.
It was as if some sort of frost was expanding on an invisible wall in front of them. The louder the warlock chanted the more frost appeared until cracks began to exhibit on it.
You could even hear the cracks as they expanded on the entire wall until there was loud sound and the wall broke into pieces.
Gabriel watched they pieces as they disappeared before even touching the ground.
The warlock got up and looked drained as he slapped his hands together.
“My job here is done.” He said and with that turned to leave, not waiting for an answer.
Gabriel looked ahead and saw the familiar pathway he had been looking for.
“Come, on we aren’t that far anymore.” Gabriel said and began to walk straight through avoiding the trees.
He had been walking for only fifteen minutes when suddenly he picked up the familiar scent of vanilla.
Ruben and Elijah picked it up too.
“Come on-” Gabriel began to say when a loud scream pierced their ears.

Carlisia screamed loudly as her back touched the bed and a shirtless Carson fell on top of her, pinning her hands on the bed along the way.
“No! Please get off!” Carlisia says fighting desperately but Carson had pinned her that easily.
“Darling….” He moaned as he nuzzled his face into her neck and began kissing it up and down extremely delicately.
“Please don’t do this, please.”Carlisia sobbed as she tried to shove him off of her.
“I love you so much.” He mumbled as he completely ignored her and trailed kisses down her neck to her chest.
He let go of her hands and grabs her waist pulling her towards him more as his finger made their way to the back of the dress and straight to the zip.
Carlisia screamed loudly as she felt Carson’s ice cold finger sliding on her back.
“Please stop! Please! I’m sorry, I’m so so sorry.” She said sobbing. She was extremely desperate that in her fit to stop she began apologizing for nothing.
“What are apologizing for darling?” Carson said as his lips made their way to her ear and he began nibbling at her earlobe and his hands began caressing her leg.
Suddenly a loud bang was heard even Carson noticed it who was busy undressing Carlisia.
His eyes turned red and he glared at the door before giving Carlisia a warning look and got off of her.
She could hear things crashing and breaking downstairs.
When suddenly Carlisia heard a howl and then a very familiar voice, making her cry with joy,
“Carlisia?!” Gabriel said and Carlisia got off the bed ready to run towards the door but Carson grabbed.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Carson said icily as he grabbed her and threw her back on the bed.
He was frustrated when he heard footsteps approaching the room. He wasn’t even prepared and where the hell was Alessandro?
Carson didn’t have time to react as the door opened and Gabriel barged in looking predatory.
He looked around the room and his eyes landed on Carlisia then on Carson.
“You fucking bastard!” Gabriel said  as he lunged at Carson who turned to smoke and disappeared reappearing beside Carlisia who screamed when he grabbed her and hauled her to her feet.
“You have some guts to come to my territory and attack me.” Carson said to Gabriel as he kept a firm grip on Carlisia, while she struggled.
“Let her go!” Gabriel snarled at him as he looked at Carlisia.
“I don’t think I can.” Carson said as he leaned down and kissed her cheek causing her to sob in disgust.
It had been so long since he had seen her. His beautiful mate. But letting her get violated like that made his blood boil.
“Carson, get away from her.” Gabriel said through gritted teeth as Carson looked at him straight in the eye
“Come and make me.” Carson said and threw Carlisia to the side causing her hip to hit the bedside making her scream in pain as she fell down clutching her hip taking deep breaths.
Gabriel lunged at Carson just as Ruben, Derek and Elijah entered the room.
Carson reappeared on the windowsill this time and everyone looked at him.
“This is just the beginning Gabriel. Next time you see me Gabriel, I’ll bring you one hell of a fight and when I do your mate will be all mine. Watch out Gabriel.” Carson said and jumped out of the window turning into smoke before his feet touched the ground.
Gabriel glared at the window then turned to Carlisia not wasting a second he went and fell by her side bringing her in for a hug.
“Ruben, Derek get rid of the body. Elijah, get the car ready.” Gabriel said referring to the decapitated body of Alessandro, his voice raspy and everyone left without another question.
Gabriel gently grabbed Carlisia’s face in both of his hands and looks at it, staring straight into her tear filled eyes.
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Gabriel said and Carlisia shook her head.
“N-no. I should have trusted y-you. Y-you were protecting me a-and I tested you at e-very moment.” Carlisia said hugging Gabriel and Gabriel took in her scent.
“I promise I’ll explain you everything after you’re rested and comfortable at the pack house.” Gabriel said and Carlisia nodded not letting him go.
Gabriel scooped her up and got up and then began walking taking her away from the monstrous cage called the Valentine manor.