CHAPTER 14

Carlisia sobbed dropping on to the ground in the middle of the forest in which she had ran until her feet gave out.
She wanted to be alone. She wanted to escape.
Carlisia looked at her ever ringing cell phone knowing it was Zane but she ignored him and started hitting her cell phone on the ground, not strong enough to damage it.
When nothing happens to it, Carlisia kick it an inch away from her before leaning onto a tree sobbing.
“Why?” Carlisia sobbed. Both of her hands covering her face as she sobbed into them.
She hugged her knees and continued to cry for god knows how long until she ended up taking seep shallow breaths as she heard rustling from behind her and she quickly whips around crawling away from the black wolf that came towards her.
His yellow eyes glowed as she looked at it and gently smiled, tears streaming down her face when the wolf starts nuzzling its face into her neck, rubbing his cheek with her as if trying to give her any sense of comfort.
 She remembered it from the night at the park as she hugged it and began sobbing, Zane’s words coming back to her.
She sobbed and sobbed for a very long time, seeking comfort from the viciously harmless animal that had taken a liking to her.
Soon later her cell phone had stopped ringing and all that was left of her was a wreck.
 She just sat there on the ground, leaning against tree with every single ounce of energy left from her body. She gently stroked the fur of the wolf as it sat on her lap, in silence.
She stroked the top of his head, hearing a satisfied moan from it.
She didn’t even know wolves could do that.
She looked deep into its eyes before leaning back against the tree closing her eyes continuing to massage the wolves head.
If she didn’t matter to Zane or anyone for that matter then they didn’t matter to her either but it wasn’t that easy. It never was.
No matter how anyone hurt her she would want the back. Scream for them while they just laughed at her.
That was in her nature. To never forget all the good in someone even if they were a killer. A monster. An animal. It didn’t matter.
And what did that result to?
Her stroking the head of a large wolf as it relaxed on her lap.
Wow.
A soft chuckle escapes Carlisia’s lips as her eyes begin to get heavy and she starts slipping from reality.
In seconds she was out, breathing softly and the dark wolf looks at her. His eyes softening looking at the gorgeous tear stained girl.
He got off her lap and quickly shifted into his human form not bothering to go behind a tree. He was well aware that he was completely naked but it wasn’t like the girl before him was conscious.
He searched for a tree that had small cave in its trunk or was hollow, where he had asked his pack to stash pieces of clothes for emergencies.
He found one a bit away and quickly takes out the dark duffel bag securely placed in its corner so it was out of sight. The bag contained only two pieces of clothing: an oversized shirt, for the girls and a pair of cargo pants for the boys. Gabriel quickly grabbed the cargo pants from in it, putting them on in case she woke up.
He quickly retraces his steps and goes back to the sleeping girl who was out cold, her cell phone on the ground away from her.
He felt a pang in his heart he needed to know the reason for her to have such a reaction and he was going to get answers.
Gabriel grabbed the cell phone and places it in pocket before crouching by the girl before picking her up into his arms.
The girl did’nt make a single noise but continued to breathe softly as her head leaned into Gabriel’s bare, inked torso.
He cradled her in his arms as if she was a delicate baby, but to him she was. He looks at her with adoration and leans down and kisses her cheek as if to apologize for what happened today at the parking lot.
He had lost control. He didn’t even want to think what his wolf would have done if Ruben and Elijah weren’t there.
Gabriel lightly strolled making his way back to the girl’s home. He would have taken her to the pack house but he would then have to drug her so she stayed asleep and didn’t wake up halfway, and that would be a little too extreme.
They were deep in the forest and he was lucky that Carlisia didn’t run any further because then she would encounter the waterfall to the east of which was their training ground, which was always inhabited with members of his pack training.
He continued to walk for half an hour, enjoying the alone time he had with her even if she was unconscious, when the forest began to thin and he could see houses from behind the trees.
He walked out of the forest and in front of their house. The forest cave around the back of their house and extended at the front beyond the road.
He walked to the front just as the front door opened and Ruben walked to him looking at Carlisia.
“Thank god!” He said as he takes her from Gabriel’s arms causing him to growl but nonetheless he didn’t snatch her back as he followed her inside into the living room where Maria was on the sofa and Ben comforting her.
As soon as her eyes land on Carlisia she quickly gets up rushing to her.
“My baby!” She said softly as she kissed Carlisia’s cheek and to his surprise the girl, now in Rubens arm didn’t even stir as she continued to sleep softly.
“Thank you.” Maria says looking at Gabriel and he gives her a curt nod in response.
“Ruben put her to bed then I would like to have a word with you.” Gabriel says looking at the boy who nodded and went up the stairs disappearing but returning moments later he reappeared and motioned his head for Gabriel to follow him into his room.
Gabriel entered the room and Ruben closed it behind him leaning against it before saying,
“What did you do?” He asks and Gabriel looks at his with a weary expression.
“I would love to know what you are implying.” He replies back with an edge in his voice.
“Carlisia got a call from Zane, her best friend, prior to running away upset. He told her that he got accepted in the army after getting rejected before. I might not know about these human professions but I know one thing for sure that getting rejected means rejection. There are no second chances or risks in the army.” Ruben says and Gabriel raises an eyebrow at him, that’s when Ruben begins to blow up.
“Don’t you see what you’re doing is wrong? Her father died serving the army. Do you know how shaken up she was then? She had become suicidal. Now you are sending his friend of because you’re jealous!”  Ruben says.
“And?” He asks.
“And? AND? Gabriel, Sir, you are my Alpha and I cannot defy your orders but I can damn well talk some sense into them. How do you think she would react when she finds out, which she will sooner or later.” Ruben says and Gabriel lunges at him and pins him to the wall by his throat.
“Talk like that to me ever again and I will rip your tongue out.” Gabriel says putting pressure on Ruben’s throat. Ruben struggled feebly and Gabriel throws him across the room finally thinking over his anger.
“I can understand your concern but it isn’t your problem to deal with. She will know nothing until I wish to tell her and until then you will keep your mouth shut.”  Gabriel says the edge evident in his voice.
Ruben nodded but he felt sorry for his stepsister. The poor girl had gone through too much in a five days time.
Gabriel nods before stalking his way out of his room and going straight into Carlisia’s where he saw her sleeping soundly in her bed, her hair a disheveled mess, not that it mattered to Gabriel.
He went to her and kissed both of her cheeks when he felt vibration in his pocket. He quickly took out the familiar white i-phone that belonged to Carlisia and unlocked it because it didn’t have a password.
He looked at the picture of Zane that popped on the screen and Gabriel cut the call. Gabriel made his way to the sofa by the window and plopped on it looking through the contents of her cell phone.
There was nothing interesting in it but the pictures.
There were many pictures in her photo album. He looked at them carefully. In many pictures there was a man who resembled Carlisia a lot but had piercing blue eyes. Gabriel looked at the persons uniform and finally realized it was her dad.
He looked at the picture more closely. There was no doubt that her father was young and handsome. Carlisia didn’t look any different in the picture so he assumed that might have been taken just before her father died.
Gabriel swiped to the next picture and continued to look through the numerous pictures in her album. There were many selfies especially with Zane.
Maybe what he was doing was wrong? Maybe he shouldn't send him off but then a part of him, the darker part, told him it was alright. After all it was the boys dream so he was technically giving the boy what he wanted and taking advantage from the fact for that.
He couldn’t risk anything besides people could have used Zane as an asset. Sooner or later his enemies would find out about his precious little mate and everyone and anyone she has crossed paths with would be used against him.
So for a fact he was actually doing her a favour.
Gabriel sighs and gets up placing the cell phone on Carlisia’s night stand before getting into bed with her, positioning the girl so that she was leaning over him while he lightly stroked her hair.
He kissed the top of her head and muttered.
“Sweet dreams precious.”