CHAPTER 18

Carlisia walked out of the school gate gently smiling at the thought of lunch with Gabriel. It was fun, even if he was her supervisor to be honest but he was nice. Kind and funny down that thick shell of his.
Carlisia grinned as she saw the small girl standing by her car sucking her thumb while Gabriel talked to the phone clutching her hand.
To some extent Gabriel reminded her of her uncle.
“Hey sweetie.” Carlisia says softly so she doesn’t scare the young girl in front of her.
“Carwisia!” Annabella said excited as she clapped her hands bringing Gabriel’s attention to her as he cut the call without a single word.
Saying he seemed angry was an understatement. He was fuming but miraculously sighed and began massaging his temples when he saw Carlisia.
He didn’t want to scare her.
Carlisia felt sympathy towards the guy. He was work loaded.
 “Hey Carly. Thank you for looking over Anna for me. I’ll pick her up from your place at seven.” Gabriel says looking at the watch and was going to step towards her but suddenly stopped when he realized what he was going to do.
“I’ll see you later then.” Carlisia says and Gabriel nods before getting into the car beside her and zooms out leaving tire marks on the parking lot.
“He lwikes you.” Anna says and Carlisia blushes shaking her head.
Never had a guy liked her. Well they all were douches to be honest.
“Come on let’s get you in the car. It’s cold.” Carlisia says and gets up, buckling the girl in the backseat of the car as she jumped excitedly.
“You’re so pwetty.” Bella says and Carlisia laughs.
“Really? But you are much prettier. You look just like a princess.” Carlisia coos and Bella pouts.
“But pwincess have a pwetty pink dwess and pwetty cwown with shiny stwones.”
Carlisia smiles, finally getting the perfect idea how to spend the day with Bella.
“Then we’ll get you a crown and a pretty pink dress.” Carlisia says clapping her hands and Bella throws her hands up in the air before excitedly giggling.
Carlisia took out her cell phone and quickly texted the boys that she was going to the mall. They didn’t give a reply to which Carlisia assumed they were busy.
What were they doing anyway?
Carlisia shook her head and focused on the road and Anna who was chatting away telling her about a boy in her class who ate glue.
Carlisia felt eyes on her and shook her head.
Paranoia maybe?
She look ahead to see anyone but who could watch me in a fast moving car. She looked at the mirror but saw no car behind her however she could not shake off this awful feeling.
Taking a deep breath and continued to smile, it was a shock how the road was abandoned, barely any people in sight as she pulled up and went into the underground parking lot of the mall, which was barely filled with cars.
Was there a curfew or something?
Carlisia shook her head and grinned at the girl with slight nervousness, something was wrong.
“Come on Anna let’s get the pretty crown and dress.” Carlisia says and Anna jumps excitedly.
Carlisia gets out of the car and walks towards Anna’s side of thee door when she hears whispers,
Revenge…..
Carlisia quickly whips her head behind her looking here and there trying to get a quick look around the parking lot.
She swore she could have heard it but it was a bit far away.
“Carlwy?” Anna says when Carlisia doesn’t open the door bringing her out of her anxiety.
“Oh, I’m sorry.” Carlisia says and quickly open the door helping Anna out and grabbing her hand while locking the car.
She wanted to run home and lock the door but she didn’t want to scare Anna so she made her way to the mall looking around the few empty cars that were there.
She said a silent prayer for her and Anna’s safety as her mind drifted to different slasher movies where the victim ignore their paranoia only for them to be murdered along with their family.
A shudder ran through Carlisia as Anna told her another story but she was too busy on the watch out to bother.

*********************************Time Skip*****************************************

After many long hours filled with fun and enjoyment Carlisia walked out of the mall holding Anna’s hand  while the other consisted three shopping bags.
One consisting of the dress shoes and crown. The other consisting of candy and the third consisting of a few toys Carlisia had got her from various shops.
Carlisia was tense and stiff throughout as she felt eyes piercing her soul. She couldn’t shake them off.
“Thankyou Carlwy.” Anna says and Carlisia smiles.
“Your welcome. But you don’t have to thank me. I wanted to do this it wasn’t a favor or anything. Maybe you can spend time with me again?” Carlisia asks and Anna nods enthusiastically as Carlisia goes to her car in the now empty parking lot and unlocks it, making the voice echo.
She helps Anna in the parking lot when she hears whispers again but this time it was closer,
Revenge……….
Carlisia whirled around and looked frantically, someone was here.
Revenge……….
The voice was getting closer. It was deep probably a male but where was he?
“Hello?” Carlisia says hoping to get the man’s attention but nothing happened but the worst as the voices now faded and footsteps could be heard like whispers.
“Is any one there?” Carlisia says loud and clear but she doesn’t get an answer.
She whirls around again and see a figure run from a pillar to another.
Carlisia could hear her heartbeat rise with every passing second as it drummed against her ribcage. Sweat rolled down her side.
She needed to get out of here.
Carlisia glances at Anna and sees that her face pale white. She was looking at something behind her.
“Anna what’s wrong?” Carlisia asks as she looks at the girl who was looked inside the safety of her car and Anna begin to shake not taking her eyes off of the thing.
Carlisia knew very well what was going to happen and quickly turned around to see a man walking towards her. He had a devilish grin on his face. Carlisia looks at his eyes that were glowing red as he watched her intently like a lion would before hunting his prey.
“Excuse me Sir, are you alright?” Carlisia asks shakily, looking at the blonde guy before her causing him to laugh.
“Well the question is ‘are you alright love’?” The man says in a thick British accent and Carlisia nods.
“Yes, I’m perfectly fine thankyou. I was just leaving.” Carlisia says, she needed to get away from him.
“Oh, you’re not going anywhere my love. You see darling you are of quite use to my master and I have quite clear orders to what to do with you.” He says and his teeth extend out.
They were sharp like……. Fangs.
 Carlisia was shocked and could not believe the mans appearance. He wasn’t human but that was least of her issues as she looks at him for split second before running to the drivers seat but in seconds she was in the air as he threw her across the parking lot causing her back to hit against the pillar.
Every single ounce of oxygen was knocked out from her as she tried to get to her feet.
She could hear Anna’s screaming in the background but she knew she was safe.
“It’s a pity how you humans are so fragile.” The guy says as he in a split second is in front of her.
“W-what d-d-d-do you w-ant from m-me?” Carlisia asks her breathing coming to normality.
“Oh, I don’t want anything. I’m just following orders.” He says and grabs her hand pulling her up and over his shoulder but before he could grab her legs, Carlisia brings the heel of her foot back hard, hitting his nose hearing a satisfying crack.
The guy screamed as he dropped her on the ground, gently clutching his nose with the other hand, before letting it go and laughing like a maniac as black liquid rolled out.
Why isn’t its blood red?
“You humans think you’re so mighty let’s see how you get out of this.” The guy says and snarls at her before lunging at her and tackling her to the ground kicking her stomach with so much force that she rolled in the air and her front hit the opposite wall.
Carlisia coughed as the man was in front of her in seconds laughing as the blood came from her mouth.
“Now be a good girl and come with me, or we could do it my way.” The guy says and tears begin to slide down Carlisia’s face.
“W-what are you?” She says and the guy shrugs.
“Not human. That’s all you need to know for now, love and just for a heads up no one’s a human in this town but you. No one. Keep that in mind while you’re at it darling. Now let’s get going before hot shot come here, Yeah?” the guy says and without warning grabs Carlisia’s arm whirling her up oblivious that during their conversation the girl had grabbed a sharp stone on the ground and without a second thought chucked it into the guys neck.
“You bitch!” The guy screamed barley fazed by it but it brought Carlisia just enough time to run to the car, ignoring how every inch of her body screamed in pain and agony because of the limit beyond which it was being pushed in this condition.
Carlisia got in the car and quickly locked it ignoring Anna screaming her name.
“Please please please….” Carlisia prayed while sobbing finding her keys and no later found them shakily putting them in the ignition but just as she was about zoom out of the driveway the guy was by her window punching it and to her surprised cracked it causing her and Anna to scream as she put her step on the gas ignoring the guy who kept screaming at her then began laughing like a maniac.
Carlisia sobbed as she recklessly drove out of the parking lot and into the empty roads. Her foot stayed on the pedal scared that the deranged guy would be following them.
She was shaking when she slammed the brakes making a screeching sound when they were finally infront of the house she was calling home since she moved to Fircrest.
“Come on Anna.” Carlisia says but her voice was barely a whisper as she got out of the car and quickly picked up the little girl running towards the patio before taking out her keys and opening the door.
As soon as they were inside Carlisia slams the door shut and blots it, grabs Anna before sliding down the door shaking.
Anna was crying and Carlisia hung to the little girl shushing her.
“Baby its okay. Everything is okay.” Carlisia says and Anna sniffles.
“But youre huwrt Carlwy! The bad mwan hurwt you.” Anna says and Carlisia cringes as she looks down at her.
“I’m fine. Are you okay?” Carly asks and Anna nods to which she fills up with a bit of warmth. At least the little girl was fine.
Carlisia looked at the time and saw it was five, giving her one hour with Anna.
“I’m going to clean up and then we can watch cartoons and eat candy ok?” Carly says and Anna nods.
“I don’t want to be alwone.” Anna says and Carlisia kisses her cheek.
“Don’t worry you can play games in my room while I shower. I’ll keep the bathroom door open. I promise.” Carlisia says and Anna nods still shaken up to see all the blood on her clothes.
Carlisia cringed and took in a deep breath as she tried to get up but fell back to the floor from the pain. Her body wasn’t used such pain. To think of it no one had ever as much as even slapped her.
“Carlwy?” Anna asks as she sits down beside her on the floor where she lay crying from pain.
“I’m fine baby.” Carly says sniffling and tries again but this time little Anna grabs her hand to support her which was cute.
She did as planned and now lay on the sofa covered with icepack in the living room. Anna laid beside her playing on her phone with a half eaten pizza and a packet of candy opened beside her while Carlisia groaned.
Their was a rag on her busted lip and ice pack on her bruised stomach and back. Every once in a while Carlisia would put the rag from her lip to her forehead to check the bleeding had stopped. Nonetheless she looked awful her face red while her stomach and back were a disgusting rainbow, making her hiss with pain on the slightest of movements, to which Anna would quickly leave everything and come to her side kissing her cheek and holding her the rag for her.
“Carlwy does it hurwt?” Anna asks the billionth time and Carly just smiles gently at her.
“A bit.” Carly says and Anna sighs.
“Is thwat bad man gwone?” She asks and Carlisia stiffened. Until now Carly had kept her mind off of that guy who mindlessly attacked her but now she was back on square one.
She remembered no vile words of the man but a few:
‘Just for a heads up no one’s a human in this town but you’
She couldn’t understand the meanings of those words but she was scared. A bit too scared to bother.
“Yeah baby he’s gone.” Carlisia says lying more to herself than poor Anna. What if he’s out there right now? Waiting to kill her, finish his job?
Carlisia began to shake with fright.
Where were Elijah and Ruben when she needed them? Why weren’t they home? She didn’t want to be alone with a young girl and when Anna leaves the guy might come again.
Carlisia began to shake as soon as the doorbell rang.
“Anna can you look through the peep hole and tell me who it is?”Carlisia says meekly to the young girl who nods.
She was in too much pain to even move yet alone get up and walk.
Soon to her surprise she heard the door open but relaxed when she heard Anna’s voice,
“Bwig Bwother! You’re here. You have to fwix Carlwy. The bad man hurwt her.” Anna says quickly and no later Carly heard heavy footsteps approaching.
“What the hell!?” Gabriel says and Carlisia’s eyes travel infront of her to the man who stood shocked looking at her.
“Anna lock the door.” He says and hears a faint okay and no later clicks being followed while Gabriel’s eyes frantically looked at Carlisia from head to toe.
She was practically limp on the sofa, looking pale covered in a blanket.
“I-I can explain. I promise nothing happened to Anna if you’re angry about that. She was in the car the whole-” Carlisia says frantically but her voice is barely above a whisper because of the pain she was in.
“I’m not angry about anything but I am surprised. What happened to you.” Gabriel says and crouches on the floor in front of Carlisia taking the rag from her and wiping a bit of blood from her forehead.
“I-I don’t know. He just came out of nowhere in the parking lot. He was so fast and strong with scary red eyes and he just looked at me and said his boss wanted something and started coming towards me and i-I-I just don’t know!.” Carlisia says and begins sobbing. She didn’t want to tell and relive what she already did.
Gabriel felt pity towards the poor broken girl and tried to bring her in for a hug but stopped as soon as he heard her hiss.