CHAPTER 28

Carlisia groaned as consciousness returned to her. The memories of the event prior rushed into her head and her eyes opened in terror.
That guy had drank her blood.
That was the only thing in her mind as she looked around the very familiar room of the house.
Who had brought her here?
She felt soft sheets over her body and she realized that nor was she only clean and washed up but also only in a pair of garments.
Carlisia brought the sheets closer to her so they hugged her body and looked around the room until her eyes stopped on a stretcher not far away but at a foot’s distance to her right.
On it laid a figure huddled in sheets.
Gabriel.
Carlisia remembered how he had stood up for her in the forest, how he had tried to protect her from the beginning and found himself stabbed by that cruel stranger.
Carlisia felt something in her heart. Something she had never felt before.
Was it awe? Yeah, maybe or maybe something bigger, affection even. Or just guilt for not being cooperative in the first place.
Those thoughts quickly left her mind as she heard a groan from Gabriel whose torso rose up in a swift second and his claws extended as his eyes roamed around the room but to Carlisia’s surprise she didn’t even feel scared, but a bit safe too.
His eyes landed on her but he still seemed alert.
“It’s okay now, I guess.” She says and watches as his claws extend back and he exhales a deep breath.
“You okay?” He asks as he shifts a bit towards her and Carlisia nods.
“Yeah. You?” She asks as she gets a glimpse of the wound on his torso and Gabriel just shrugs as his eyes travel to the window and outside to the grey sky.
“I like the weather. Something about the rain.”He says window and Carlisia smiles following his gaze beyond.
“Yes it is lovely.” She says as both of them stare out of the window.
It was awkward. She was in a pair of garments, and he was most probably completely naked because he didn’t have even a single bit of mud on his, talking so casually. For a moment Carlisia forgot what happened a few minutes ago.
“Who was that guy?” Carlisia finally asked and Gabriel shook his head.
“I don’t want to talk about it.” He said back as easily and with that the conversation was dropped.
Neither of them talking but the silence was comfortable. Of course, ignoring the fact that she was very much half naked in the same room as a very older man.
Her father would have been horrified.
Carlisia clutched the sheets closer to her and looked towards Gabriel who was still deep in thought.
She takes a deep breath then clears her throat and Gabriel’s head quickly snapped towards her.
“I-um….n-need clothes.” She said embarrassed and blushing profoundly.
Gabriel smirks at her and starts chuckling a bit at her cuteness while his wolf went crazy.
“Of course.” Was all he said and continued to look at her but with a glint in his eye imagining all that was underneath those sheets, which Carlisia didn’t notice as she looked down and continued.
“I am very thankful for everything you have done. From the beginning if it didn’t seem like it. I didn’t know you were risking so much until I saw you hurt back in the forest.” Carlisia says and Gabriel doesn’t reply.
Carlisia takes this as a sign and shuts up when he speaks up,
“Its nice to know that you’ll cooperate now.” He says huskily and Carlisia nods.
Gabriel removes the sheets of his body and suddenly gets up causing Carlisia to cover her eyes in case he was naked.
Gabriel laughed at her innocent action as he grabbed a pair of pants and quickly slid them on.
“You can open your eyes now.” He said as he buttoned it up and watched as Carlisia peeked from underneath her fingers before taking them off completely causing her to blush when she saw he was shirtless.
“Did you even plan on telling me before getting up like that?” Carlisia breathed out and Gabriel shrugged causing Carlisia to go pinker than already, which was a lot.
Gabriel chuckled and shook his head and Carlisia frowned as she stared at his chest. It took him a second to realize she was staring at the wounds that were exposed so they would heal more quickly.
“Do they hurt?” She asked and Gabriel shook his head.
“No. You don’t need to worry about them.” He says but her eyes never leave the wound.
“You would have cared if that was me in your place. And I know you did, to go to such an extent for my safety so I just want to return the favor.” Carlisia says and Gabriel smiles.
“Well, I am a big bad beast.” He says truthfully, something which Carlisia was shocked to know that he had heard but she shrugs it off.
“A nice beast at that. And you know I really am sorry for my previous behavior and I am willing to look past those differences. So friends?” She says extending her hand out, not moving from her place on the bed as the sheets were securely wrapped around her to hide her obvious nakedness and Gabriel looks at it weird.
This was something a fifth grader would do but from all the seriousness on her face, Gabriel knew she wasn’t joking, so he reached towards he place on the bed and placed her hand in his.
“Friends.” He said and shook it causing Carlisia to give him a bright smile as she adds,
“Well……about the clothes…” Carlisia began and Gabriel shook his head.
“Don’t mention it. I’ll ask someone to bring them up right now.” He says the room closing the door securely so no one walks in on his mate.
One he very much would like to have mated with right now but things were progressing.
“Things are going to be very well……….” Gabriel says as he planned to get out of the friend zone soon and opening the concept of mate to her.
But that was a great lie as Carson smiled his wicked grin disappearing into nothingness.
This was just the mere beginning.