CHAPTER 33

There was darkness everywhere as cold gusts of winds blew in the dark cold cold night. It was three in the morning.
Gabriel grunted as he tried to get his hands out of the restraints. Cold sweat was on his forehead as he eyed the bodies, fifteen hundred or so, quarter of his pack slaughtered.
Beheaded and ripped up members of his pack surrounded the cross he was staked to by none other than Carson himself. Only if he had listened to Carlisia this perhaps could have been prevented.
She was right.
Those blood sucking leeches, bloody vampires, had appeared out of thin air as if they just dropped from the sky. They had come into view like smoke, suddenly and all at once.
Never had it happened before. It wasn’t even possible but now they had made it possible. The thought of Carlisia made his heart melt.
Was she even okay? Was she even alive? He had no idea.
Gabriel tugged at the restraints one more but the silver rods piercing through his hands on the cross had made him too weak.
“Alpha!” He heard a voice scream in the darkness and he looked up to see Ruben. More figures start to come into his view as they looked at the bodies of their friends and family. Screams and yells filled the air as people fell by the bodies of their loved ones.
Ruben was by his side along with three more men as they undid the ropes then took the long metal like rods from his head making him grunt and take deep breath.
“Sir?” A guy questioned and began to come near him but Gabriel raised his hand silencing him.
Gabriel was matted in dry blood, his eyes yellow as he looked at Ruben.
“Where’s Carlisia?” He asked him hoping that there was sign of her.
“A search party is already around the perimeter looking for survivors. They will inform us where she is.” One of the guys say and Gabriel quickly staggered to his feet.
“Fuck them.” He murmured underneath his breath as he rushed to the coffee shop where he had left her. The lights were flickering resembling a horror flick.
He heard Ruben calling out to him from behind but he didn’t care. As soon as he entered the coffee shop his nostrils were filled with Carlisia’s overwhelming sweet scent but it wasn’t what he was expected.
It was the scent of her blood.
“Carlisia!” He shouted as he looked around but there was no reply. His eyes suddenly landed on a dagger on the floor with dried blood on it and instantly he knew it was Carlisia’s.
 His heart began to pound louder as he looked at the small puddle of blood on the counter and blotch on the wall.
“God! Oh God!” He said in frustration then kicked the table watching it fly across the room.
Gabriel clutched his hairs in frustration. He was screwed. They had her.
They had his mate.
“Gabriel!” Ruben screamed but he didn’t turn around.
“They have her.” Gabriel said to him.
“We could have saved her if you’d had inform us of the attack Gabriel!” Ruben replies angrily.
“Informing all of you would have just increased the number of deaths. All of us would have been slaughtered.” Gabriel says and Ruben was now confused.
“I think we could have handled a bunch of rogue vampires Gabriel.” Ruben said.
“Do you think it was a bunch of rogue vampires that slaughtered a quarter of my pack and staked me? They are not a bunch of vampires anymore because vampires just don’t smoke into existence.” He snapped at Ruben.
Gabriel was feeling dizzy as he glared at Ruben.
“Tear the place down. Find anything and everything that can link us to Carson or his allies. I want eight of my best trackers on Carlisia’s scent.” Gabriel said radiating authority and Ruben quickly bowed before leaving.
Gabriel took a deep breath then walked out of the coffee shop into the cold night.
The streets were blood stained and pack members were running here and there. There were pack doctors aiding to the bruised while coffins had already arrived for the dead.
It had always been like that.
When anyone died everyone mourned for a day and only a day and then moved on. That was the symbol of their strength. They were trained to be heartless but the drawback was that their heart turned to stone for that.
Everyone was in their own little world, isolated keeping themselves to their friends and never accepting anyone.
That was the main reason why no one as much as even talked to Carlisia properly and they had parted on a bad term just because of his temper.
“I’m so sorry.” He whispered even though he knew that Carlisia cant hear him.
Gabriel took a long whiff of air hoping he would get a scent; any trace of Carlisia but there was none. Carson wasn’t an idiot. Gabriel just had to pray that Carson had slipped and left a clue, anything.
He leaned down the side of the coffee shop and taking deep breaths.
He had lost too much energy. But there was one thing for sure.
He wasn’t going down without a fight. He wasn’t going to give up on her that easily. She was his and they were meant to be even if she rejected him and walk away he would let her and then kill himself but,
He was going to fight for his mate till his last breath.
Hang on Carlisia.